Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another home game moved by Sky..

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Ok, have purchased tickets Brighton to Taunton

http://www.southernrailway.com/tickets-and-fares/refunds/tickets-purchased-online-from-southern

http://www.southernrailway.com/offers/money-back-guarantee/

Doesn't seem to apply for Advance tickets :(
Code:
Money Back Guarantee Terms and Conditions

This offer is valid for tickets booked on southernrailway.com for any journey and for travel on any train operator, for the following ticket types:
    Anytime
    Anytime Day
    Off-Peak
    Off-Peak Day
    Super Off-Peak Day 

Money Back Guarantee does not apply to any tickets purchased on the key smartcard.
   [B] All other ticket types are not included in this offer, these are: Daysave, Downlander, Season Tickets, Southern Advance and non-Southern Advance tickets (Advance tickets for travel on trains other than Southern) [/B]
    The offer also applies to Child tickets, Railcard discounted tickets, and any other discounted tickets, subject to the terms and conditions of the Railcard or discount offered. 
    This offer is only valid for tickets purchased online at southernrailway.com with “Ticket on Departure” as the delivery option, and the tickets have not been collected. We therefore advise you not to collect your tickets until you are certain you wish to use them
    If you wish to book tickets for multiple trips in a single transaction on southernrailway.com, we advise that in order for your tickets to qualify for the Money Back Guarantee, that you book the tickets you need for each trip in separate transactions. Otherwise, when you collect your tickets from the machine in the station for your first trip, it will give you all the tickets for all the journeys you booked so invalidating them for the Money Back Guarantee
    To apply for a refund of your ticket you will need to login to your account, click the ‘Your Account’ button and view the booking for which you require the refund. Then click the ‘Refund’ button and fill in all required fields. Submit the form using the button at the bottom of the screen. When the next page opens, print the form and post to the address shown on the form. Please remember to add a phone number for our Customer Services team to call to obtain your card details

If you do collect your tickets from a Ticket On Departure or Ticket Vending Machine at the station, then standard refund rules will apply and you will be charged the normal £10 refund administrative fee per booking. [B]Advance tickets are not refundable  [/B]
    All refund requests under Money Back Guarantee should be made on southernrailway.com within 28 days of the expiry date of the ticket
    There is no limit to the number of times you can apply for a refund under the Money Back Guarantee so long as the tickets you bought online via southernrailway.com are Anytime, Anytime Day, Off-Peak, Off-Peak Day, or Super Off-Peak Day tickets
    We aim to process all refunds within 10 working days. All refunds have to be processed back to customers according to the original payment method. If you purchased your ticket using a debit/credit card, a member of the Refunds team will contact you by telephone to obtain your card details in order to process the refund.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Good can spend longer playing golf in the Saturday

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Give with one hand, take away with the other.

I can't get too angry (even though I want too) about missing 'Boro because of work, having unexpectedly watch Burnley and will be able to watch QPR.

Friday night is cool, but if we get many more Saturday lunchtime KO's I will be seriously pissed off.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
****sticks, got a show to go to in London that night, paid good money for those tickets too. Somehow these are the things that are really taking the gloss off being a football fan these days, and I know it'll only get worse if we end up in the top flight. Pah.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Crikey - is that 5 TV games already this season then? Quite a turnround from being largely ignored in previous seasons wherever we were in the league.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Friday games are good, but the trains are not.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Crikey - is that 5 TV games already this season then? Quite a turnround from being largely ignored in previous seasons wherever we were in the league.

I make it 6

Forest at home
Burnley away
QPR away
Boro at home
Wolves at home
and now Brentford at home

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I make it 6

Forest at home
Burnley away
QPR away
Boro at home
Wolves at home
and now Brentford at home

I did not realise Wolves was One too. That's going to reduce the crowd massively for New Year's Day. Huge hangover- Oh it's on TV so no need to bother....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They should just stick to the original times and if they want to televise a game just ****ing show it on tv at Sat at 3pm. If you want to go then brilliant and if you want to watch it on telly then equally brilliant. What am I missing?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Great news, my dad announced he is getting married on Feb 6th meaning I was going to have to miss it. But now with the Brentford game being moved I can go to his wedding

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
They should just stick to the original times and if they want to televise a game just ****ing show it on tv at Sat at 3pm. If you want to go then brilliant and if you want to watch it on telly then equally brilliant. What am I missing?

This 100%.
I wish SKY etc would just let us proper fans that buy tickets watch our team on the original date.
Show an evening match if they want, but leave Saturday 3PM kick offs alone.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton

Under the agreement which Sky signed, they can not show live football at 3 pm. I believe it is the same for BT sport too.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Under the agreement which Sky signed, they can not show live football at 3 pm. I believe it is the same for BT sport too.

Understood, but why? They are quite happy to show lives games on TV at the same time as other matches when they are played midweek - thinking upcoming game against QPR where there is a full programme played that night.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

It would be nice if they showed some common sense and showed the Fulham game (already moved to friday 1945) instead. Can't see how the Brentford fixture is any more attractive to viewers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here