Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Annoying bearded numpties selling cereal for £3 a bowl in poverty zone

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015
Just a point of order, Hoxton is not a poverty zone, in many places in Hackney the flats are more expensive than areas of Hampstead, there is plenty of social housing in the area but flats on the open market including ex council in Hoxton go for eye watering amounts.
If people want to pay that much to live there it's up to them. I don't believe anybody is obliged to live there.

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
If people want to pay that much to live there it's up to them. I don't believe anybody is obliged to live there.
Well exactly, and in the same vein why should people demand that houses in very expensive areas are affordable. Practically everyone amongst my circle of school friends moved out of Brighton for job opportunities or cheaper housing, thats just life.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well exactly, and in the same vein why should people demand that houses in very expensive areas are affordable. Practically everyone amongst my circle of school friends moved out of Brighton for job opportunities or cheaper housing, thats just life.

Right: the campaign for affordable housing in Mayfair, Knightsbridge and Chelsea starts here :)

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015

and you can all move back when the Government etc are no longer able to rig the market and there's a property market crash

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015
I can but dream....... might find Brighton a bit too Hoxton beardy-weirdy these days though [emoji1]

For sure. Moved out of Brighton 25 years ago. Pined for it for the first few years. Nowadays the idea of standing in a black hole surrounded by arty fartys, paying near on 5 squid a pint, does not seem so appealing.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I think it's a reasonable demand that somebody can find affordable housing in their home town / city.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Any residual sympathy, however small, for the annoying beards completely dissipated at this point...

The owners later tweeted: "We started a business to deliver an experience to cereal lovers, and have been thanked by local businesses for bringing tourists to the area."

:rolleyes:

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
This really. They'll be hoping to drag city boys and girls off the street as they walk past. Price is comparable with a good bacon butty in town (but shouldn't be). Still look like a couple of w****** though.

I agree with all of that, but would like to add that the Lazy Arsed Beards don't have to cook the bacon or butter the roll. Just pour cereal into what appears to be a rather small bowl. Don't agree with violent anarchy, but can understand that some might. Did the Beards consider there might be a problem, or did they think it was a great way to make money .....doing nothing ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Any residual sympathy, however small, for the annoying beards completely dissipated at this point...

The owners later tweeted: "We started a business to deliver an experience to cereal lovers, and have been thanked by local businesses for bringing tourists to the area."

I was not overly bothered by these two chaps...until they used the word experience!

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR

Quite. What happened to this business was bang out of order and a horrible experience for staff and customers alike. It was a criminal act. End of.

However, these two have previous form for spouting pretentious twaddle since the place opened and I really struggle to have sympathy with their personal plight. I'm not an anarchist sympathiser. I just find these two rather unlikable.

Plus they look like a pair of smug tosspots...........

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

Interesting that he mentioned tourists , seems like the channel 4 slot had given a significant boost to their trade . The Demo/riot will surely do them no harm at all either .

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Interesting that he mentioned tourists , seems like the channel 4 slot had given a significant boost to their trade . The Demo/riot will surely do them no harm at all either .

Does anybody REALLY think that Brick Lane tourism has been boosted by a couple of gone-tomorrow beards with a pathetic excuse of a business plan. Tourists go to Brick Lane for the curries, end of. Fully expecting beardies to be opening a second branch of their rubbish shop in the North Laine soonest. And probably shortly after petitioning to have the nearest live music venue closed down on account of the noise pollution and adverse financial effect on their buy-to-let property investment.

Last edited:

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
avLEn2q_700b_v1.jpg

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Well their businesses has survived 9 months at least and as the saying goes :- all publicity is good publicity ( unless you are VW of course )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here