Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Annoying bearded numpties selling cereal for £3 a bowl in poverty zone

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
People pay quite a bit more than that for coffee................. coffee!

Just saying
I was going to make the same point. Anyway trying to justify the cost against raw ingredients is a stupid argument, any service has a mark up, the reporter obviously had an agenda against hipsters its all rather pathetic.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Poverty zone? Tower Hamlets is a poor borough with areas like Whitechappel, Stepney and Limehouse but Brick Lane and the surrounding area is swamped with these kinds of establishments as it is on the edge of the city....you struggle to buy a pint for less than a fiver in the pubs around brick lane so a bowl of cereal for £3 is not surprising!

That makes the Sausage Roll in the bakers in Gardner street a snip at £2.50. Mind you I still feel aggrieved that Dukes @ Komedia have the affront to try £2.60 for a singular Scotch Egg.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
£2.60 for a singular Scotch Egg.

If it's good*, I'll pay whatever it takes for a scotch egg.

*Has to have TheDonkeyCentreHalf's seal of approval.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Don't get me wrong, I think they are bellends and the idea is shit. Total "Nathan Barley" numpties

But the journalism was sensationalism of the worst kind, he was spoiling for a fight. In the grand scheme of gentrification of the East End of London, are the real enemies a copuple of bearded idiots selling other idiots overpriced cereal or is it something like the New Era Estate fiasco?

This

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
If it's good*, I'll pay whatever it takes for a scotch egg.

*Has to have TheDonkeyCentreHalf's seal of approval.

Abso-ruddy-lutely. The Cross Keys in Nottingham bangs them out for about £3. They're the size of baby's head and the joy of eating one is akin to your first orgasm. Best one I've ever had (and I'cd had a few...).

As for the cereal, it's certainly not a stupid idea whilst you have a plethora of Nathan Barley types to lap it up.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm with you brother. Whilst I'm already living a glorious bearded existence I can tell from the amount of clean shaven men out there that the word needs to be spread.

A couple of years down the line you'll be nailed-on disappointed with that faddish look. You'll be like 'My God! What was I THINKING?! :facepalm: '

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
A couple of years down the line you'll be nailed-on disappointed with that faddish look. You'll be like 'My God! What was I THINKING?! :facepalm: '
Pfft, been rocking this look for a decade now, this is no fair weather face fluff!

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Regularly pay over the odds for a chocolate bar or bottle of cherry coke from vending machines. Can't be arsed to spend 20 minutes getting more for my money in the local supermarket. Such is life. You pay your money...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Abso-ruddy-lutely. The Cross Keys in Nottingham bangs them out for about £3. They're the size of baby's head and the joy of eating one is akin to your first orgasm. Best one I've ever had (and I'cd had a few...).

As for the cereal, it's certainly not a stupid idea whilst you have a plethora of Nathan Barley types to lap it up.

Now I've thought about it I actually think a new type of business model has arisen. You had:

d2c = direct to consumer
b2b = business to business

We've added:

c2c. The c doesn't stand for consumer however.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
What a couple of c0cks! Mind you a walk around central B-right-on at any time of the day will see a few dozen clones of these bellends strolling around doing their best to be noticed. I saw one the other day, I'm going to call him Frank. Frank was a beardy hipster like these two, he was wearing a trilby, blue check shirt with non matching waistcoat, skinny brown cord trousers and get this a pair of brogues but one was brown the other was black. To cap it all he had a waxed mustache and was smoking a pipe! I imagine he worked somewhere in the Lanes/N.Laine area in a boutique shop selling industrial artwork or dolphin friendly shopping bags or some such sh1te.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
What a couple of c0cks! Mind you a walk around central B-right-on at any time of the day will see a few dozen clones of these bellends strolling around doing their best to be noticed. I saw one the other day, I'm going to call him Frank. Frank was a beardy hipster like these two, he was wearing a trilby, blue check shirt with non matching waistcoat, skinny brown cord trousers and get this a pair of brogues but one was brown the other was black. To cap it all he had a waxed mustache and was smoking a pipe! I imagine he worked somewhere in the Lanes/N.Laine area in a boutique shop selling industrial artwork or dolphin friendly shopping bags or some such sh1te.

Did he have a guitar? If not, I bet he owns one.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Did he have a guitar? If not, I bet he owns one.

No doubt. Its funny, I consider myself quite a decent fella, I try not to make snap judgements on people based on how they look but sometimes you just see someone and you can't control it you just think, "What a tw.at". My first thought was, "he's not from Brighton, he must be an Oot (out of towner)".

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Some people just like to get angry/affronted/annoyed about anything.

Last edited:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here