Ankergren

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
That was purely terrible, purely awful, it was beyond bad. I can't see what we can do about it though.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
what is the difference between having a goalie who can't hold a cross and a crop of outfield players who can't find the net...? our attempts on target statistics are also pretty woeful, 1-0 up there to that lot is not a bad result , the fact they were gifted their goal makes it a bit more annoying.........i don't get how casper can be blinding one week and suspect the next , usually keepers are up for it week by week or they are just permanently gash.

at least master Dunk didn't get booked which has to be a plus.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
League 1 standard but a good fit for our system. Suggests he's OK for 1st year up, but we need to be identifying a replacement and getting him in. Not necessarily to start ahead of Anks immediately, but the process should be under way.

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
The back four don't need to fret over a goalkeeper that is not anywhere near Championship level.
Hate to pick out an individual but

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
League 1 standard but a good fit for our system. Suggests he's OK for 1st year up, but we need to be identifying a replacement and getting him in. Not necessarily to start ahead of Anks immediately, but the process should be under way.

Sadly, this.
He'll do okay for the remainder of the season. But...

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
what is the difference between having a goalie who can't hold a cross and a crop of outfield players who can't find the net...?

This. We can't keep letting goalkeeping mistakes define games. Southampton didn't today, and their keeper was a million times worse than Casper. Harper was no better than Ankergren, and if we could actually get the ball in the back of the net, Casper's mistakes wouldn't appear so stark.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This. We can't keep letting goalkeeping mistakes define games. Southampton didn't today, and their keeper was a million times worse than Casper. Harper was no better than Ankergren, and if we could actually get the ball in the back of the net, Casper's mistakes wouldn't appear so stark.

nice couple of points there

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Was Harper really that much better? Good at taking the ball from crosses...but what else?...i think most people will let him off the error re the hammers game

Are you being serious? did you honestly not feel more confident with harper in goal for the games he played in? everygame at home when im in the north stand I get so nervous when 1) the ball is with casper 2) the ball is near casper 3) when away team have a freekick 4) when the away team have a corner 5) when the away team are on the wings about to cross, with Harper I was not like this I could actually enjoy the game without shouting at time shouting FFS look dunk is free why the hell would you pass the Greer with to people marking him, so yh Im sure this is the reason most people felt harper was a major improvement.

D

Deleted member 18477

I shit my pants everytime Casper plays... And yesterday proved why!

When harper was in goal I did not shit my pants. :).

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Are you being serious? did you honestly not feel more confident with harper in goal for the games he played in? everygame at home when im in the north stand I get so nervous when 1) the ball is with casper 2) the ball is near casper 3) when away team have a freekick 4) when the away team have a corner 5) when the away team are on the wings about to cross, with Harper I was not like this I could actually enjoy the game without shouting at time shouting FFS look dunk is free why the hell would you pass the Greer with to people marking him, so yh Im sure this is the reason most people felt harper was a major improvement.
Ye I am serious actually....u feeling a tad more comfortable is not what it's all about...my point is this great song and dance about Harper and whilst he may hav been better at cross taking I'm not so sure he was any btr elsewhere......the greatest problem seems to me that we hav only one 'good' keeper

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
RE: that 'good shot stopper' quality that people keep picking up on.

I can think of 1 or 2 decent saves he's made this season. I can remember quite a few goals we've conceded where he didn't even make any attempt to stop the shots.

We had Steve Harper for a month and he pulled off more frequent, higher quality saves than Casper has all season to date.

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
I've noticed that he does a sort of double catch each time he catches the ball which means that he is twice as likely to drop it. Every high ball into the box gets me worried.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Was Harper really that much better? Good at taking the ball from crosses...but what else?...i think most people will let him off the error re the hammers game

Error Re hammers game????? He could not have expected bridcutt to lose the ball 25 yards out could he. Fromt hen on he was out of position with no time to adjust. What game were you watching with your rose coloured ankergren specs on. FFS.

Ankergren does not command his area and is completely useless with crosses as we have all witnessed for quite some time. Of course we need a new keeper, thats blatantly obvious. As a defender you have to confidence in your keeper. This just isnt there and until its adressed we will struggle not to conceed. Whilst i have always been a fan of Poyet, some of the things he does make me think is he a genius or a complete clown. Im still in the genius camp but i know there are a few who think the latter.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Just seen the highlights. Oh my God! Casper must go quickly. Same old mistakes week after week.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
FLS "He treated it like a bar of soap"

Lucky the second bar of soap wasnt followed up as well as it quite easily could have done - Would have been on the Gus bus out of here by now

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Error Re hammers game????? He could not have expected bridcutt to lose the ball 25 yards out could he. Fromt hen on he was out of position with no time to adjust. What game were you watching with your rose coloured ankergren specs on. FFS.

Ankergren does not command his area and is completely useless with crosses as we have all witnessed for quite some time. Of course we need a new keeper, thats blatantly obvious. As a defender you have to confidence in your keeper. This just isnt there and until its adressed we will struggle not to conceed. Whilst i have always been a fan of Poyet, some of the things he does make me think is he a genius or a complete clown. Im still in the genius camp but i know there are a few who think the latter.

No glasses ..I bet if u ask Harper he would say he was disappointed not to have saved it ..although I agree it was Bridcutts initial error

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
RE: that 'good shot stopper' quality that people keep picking up on.

I can think of 1 or 2 decent saves he's made this season. I can remember quite a few goals we've conceded where he didn't even make any attempt to stop the shots.

We had Steve Harper for a month and he pulled off more frequent, higher quality saves than Casper has all season to date.

...? Harper with his more confident approach to crosses ye...but more frequent high quality saves? Nah....having said that both of them on the books....ye I'd take that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports