Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ankergren

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
If you score three goals, it doesn't matter whether Caspar had an oopsie or not.
If you score none, it costs you the game.
There's no defense like a good offense.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
If you score three goals, it doesn't matter whether Caspar had an oopsie or not.
If you score none, it costs you the game.
There's no defense like a good offense.

I agree to a degree but a 0-0 draw at Boro away would've been a good result as well.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Gus was after Harper for 3 months, if that had come off then there's no way Caspar would've been playing.

He's a good shot stopper but panics and flaps at crosses and when put under pressure by opposing forwards. There's been to many times this season where his mistake has cost us. He also makes poor choices. In particular I remember that amazing fight back from being 2-0 down against Leeds to lead 3-2. It was stoppage time, all we needed was a roll or pass out from Caspar and possession football or a long kick into the oppositions wings. Instead the ball was kicked straight to the Leeds keeper who promptly booted it back into our area and Leeds scored with the last kick of the match. Bone head.

There was a reason Leeds jettisoned him when they were promoted from Division 1 to the Championship, he ain't good enough at this level.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I am a Casper fan, however i agree if not playing well ,he should be dropped. What i just cannot understand is that we have a shed load of keepers ,none of which it seems can be trusted to play instead !!!!!! I must be missing something.........

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I am a Casper fan, however i agree if not playing well ,he should be dropped. What i just cannot understand is that we have a shed load of keepers ,none of which it seems can be trusted to play instead !!!!!! I must be missing something.........

No you are not missing anything. I've seen most Brezovan games & he's even worse.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just seen the mistake on sky pretty bad, routine cross just spilled it

He did and it looked bad from behind the goal but shit happens, wonder if Barnes feels as bad as he did for missing an easy header ?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Didn't listen or go and haven't seen the mistake but Ankergren just isn't good enough. Lee Camp from Forest in January would be a cracking signing as I'm sure he'd rather be at a team who are pushing for the play offs then a team who could be in League 1 next season.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Interesting that nobody is questioning Gus Poyet's judgement given that he signed all three goalkeepers we have and came out publicly in the summer and declared that he was happy with the goalkeepers at the club, despite many on here targetting this position as an area of weakness. Let's face it, Ankergren is mediocre (although I for one will not be rushing to get on his back next week unlike many idiots around me no doubt) but the other two are MILES off this level.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Is there a keeper in the league that doesn't make mistakes, I believe Casper has had three good games previous to today?

Every time I see a thread criticising Ankergren I think of just how many truly shit keepers we have had and Casper is not one of them imo. We are not Barcelona or Real Madrid, our players are not going to be the best.

There are keepers that make "less" mistakes. Ankergren is stronger in some areas, like playing with his feet, but he is much weaker than many, especially on crosses and a fair few shots/headers from fairly close in, he stays rooted to the spot.

He is not shit, but he has big weakness on crosses and he isn't "consistently" good enough in all areas at this level....... The clubs problem is no competition as Brez is terrible with his feet and maybe even more error prone.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He did and it looked bad from behind the goal but shit happens, wonder if Barnes feels as bad as he did for missing an easy header ?
seen the saints goalie one yet...heard something on the radio about some horrendous error...course he will be retiring soon

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Ankergren & Brezovan out as soon as possible. Too many loss-causing errors.
And an aura of shakiness, passed on to the defence in general.
Classy Harper showed what's out there.

Was Harper really that much better? Good at taking the ball from crosses...but what else?...i think most people will let him off the error re the hammers game

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Just saw it on tele. Looks even WORSE. Bye bye casper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here