Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ankergren

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
The fact remains though that he really does make too many little mistakes that cost us games.

kano

Jun 17, 2011
i still like casper. I appreciate hes rubbish at dealing with crosses but he deserves a season to get it right at this level.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
i still like casper. I appreciate hes rubbish at dealing with crosses but he deserves a season to get it right at this level.

Sorry but I disagree.

I like Casper too. He's underrated in my opinion. BUT. He needs to drastically improve on his positioning and how he deals with crosses. You shouldn't get a season in goal to get that right. He can do it on the training ground.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
He needs to improve but I think it's wrong to argue along the lines of "one mistake cost us the game" yes he does make mistakes and it cost us Saturday plus his technique when coming for the high cross needs attention but he also does make many good and some great saves ... if he missed a few of those saves I think many would put it down just to a great strike and not blame Casper ... the point I'm trying to make is that he makes more good/ great saves than he does gift goals to the opposition.

Also show me a keeper who doesn't make the odd game changing mistake

If the club had an unlimited budget I'd support shipping him but imo we've got 2 maybe 3 critical positions to fill and I'd hate to see one of those not sorted because of signing a new GK.

GK comes number 4 on my list of needing replaced

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Probably time to make him the back up in January. But let's not, in our need for an ESCAPE GOAT, forget the good job he did for us last year. Some of the stick he's getting is completely uncalled for.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
FFS hes a crap keeper for this league thats it, if Gus is serious about promotion this season next season or even season after we need a new goalkeeper, fact!

why do some people try to defend him ?

Blimey are you thinking of trying back Muzza as a goalie? He'd probably do the job better than W*nkergren though...

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
The fact remains though that he really does make too many little mistakes that cost us games.

all goalkeepers do that. I rememberthe same nonsense being said of Moseley, Steele, grummitt, Kuipers, Roberts, Walton etc etc

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I never get to training, so don't know how they train the keepers, but the warm ups Casper and Brezo do with Tony Godden always look a bit tame to me. Don't know if it would be worth a few of the subs sending over high crosses and the others barging in on Casper to challenge him in the air? But then again, they'd probably get injured. Not saying that he's to blame, but is Tony Godden training the keepers hard enough? I would not be at all surprised if we got a big striker in January if Casper's dealing with crosses improved somewhat. Going on goalkeeping errors, didn't one by Harper cost us a point at Watford? Have to say I was not there, but those were the reports I read. On Saturday, it looked like Dunk and Greer panicking rather than reacting to kick the ball away after Casper's error didn't help. Not wishing to exonerate Casper, but aren't defenders meant to help their keeper out?

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Error Re hammers game????? He could not have expected bridcutt to lose the ball 25 yards out could he. Fromt hen on he was out of position with no time to adjust. What game were you watching with your rose coloured ankergren specs on. FFS.

Ankergren does not command his area and is completely useless with crosses as we have all witnessed for quite some time. Of course we need a new keeper, thats blatantly obvious. As a defender you have to confidence in your keeper. This just isnt there and until its adressed we will struggle not to conceed. Whilst i have always been a fan of Poyet, some of the things he does make me think is he a genius or a complete clown. Im still in the genius camp but i know there are a few who think the latter.
What makes you think Poyet isn't trying to get a new keeper in? There's no point in just signing anyone, whoever comes in needs to be an improvement. He obviously tried to get Harper for longer but it didn't work out. Any decent manager will always back their keeper when he's got the shirt - what would be the point of Poyet coming out and saying 'Ankergren was OK for league 1 but now we need a new keeper'? All he would do then is undermine Ankergren's confidence and - like it or not - he is the best keeper we have right now.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
What makes you think Poyet isn't trying to get a new keeper in? There's no point in just signing anyone, whoever comes in needs to be an improvement. He obviously tried to get Harper for longer but it didn't work out. Any decent manager will always back their keeper when he's got the shirt - what would be the point of Poyet coming out and saying 'Ankergren was OK for league 1 but now we need a new keeper'? All he would do then is undermine Ankergren's confidence and - like it or not - he is the best keeper we have right now.

I'd agree with trhat. Trouble is when a manager does dispose of a keeper after a high-level gaff that's usually it.

I can recall what happened to Perry Suckling after the Palace 9-0 pasting buy Liverpool. Then Fergie did it to his longtime faithful servant Jim Leighton after the 1990 Cup final, he brought in Les Sealey for the replay.

That did the job for Man U but Leighton was shattered, he only played a couple of games for Utd after that.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Just watched Football League Show. Wasn't a great performance, for the goal and one other spill

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
As one of the 679 who made the very long journey to the game do I blame Ankergen for yesterday's defeat?

In part Yes.
He did make one good save as well.

I blame the manager...
Who set out the game plan to have one up front for most of the game. We have never one a game (I believe) with only CMS up front.

I blame Paynter....
Who is a crock of poop

I blame our coaching staff....
Who train our players to break into attack at the speed of the turning of a great sea liner

We maybe 7th BUT are in a totally false position.
No chance of being top half at the end of the season without major improvements.

i like this post. Makes sense. I would however like to point out that the team have done well on a points basis and i am very happy with our league position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here