Anfield ticket binfest.....

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just hope TV doesnt f*** it up and make it the fri night or sat lunchtime kick off

Nothing wrong with those dates although if Friday night might stay overnight

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Hello all,

I posted on NSC after we played you at the Amex in the Carling Cup thanking you, your town and your club for a splendid day out and when we drew you today I was genuinely made up. Not only because you're not Chelsea, Spurs or Arsenal but because I feel that anyone who will be visiting us from Brighton will have as excellent a day out as I had on the south coast. Just thought I could provide some info if needed.

It's most likely you will get the entire Anfield Road End Lower which holds just under 7,000 and because you're not Mancunians, segregation and police barricades won't be as stringent, therefore allowing for a few more bums on seats.
The game will be a complete sell-out so expect a shade under 45,000 on the day.
There are some really good, friendly alehouses within 100 yards of the ground and you will have a good laugh in them but I advise you get to the ground an hour before kick off because the actual Anfield Road is narrow and super busy on match days and with a large amount of you coming and more than likely being 'patted down' by security (a pain in the arse I know, try being a scouser on an away day!) plus the usual day-trippers taking photos of The Shankly Gates and the Hillsborough Memorial, it may take some time getting to your seat.

I was accused of being condescending by a few on here when I posted earlier in the season, merely for expressing my gratitude to Brighton but I, and many other travelling scousers, developed a real liking for Brighton that day and came away hoping we'd see you at Anfield in the Premier League next year. As it happens that day will happen sooner than we thought!

I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone may have in terms of travel, hotels, alehouses etc.
Many Thanks,
GratefulRed

Before I ask about hotels etc when do you think it'll be played?

Last edited:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
To be fair the 200 odd would be a tiny chunk anyway, so would hardly make a difference, except to the people who actually made the effort too travel up there..

It will make a huge difference if all 16000 Falmer season ticket holders who want one don't get one.

This comes up every time theres a big game.

"I went to this game so I must get one"

Although I am critical of the way the club haddles some things, I think they have got the loyality scheme spot on.

You went to Wrexham. Well done. So porbably did someone who lives 20 miles away from the ground and has a soft spot for Brighton, but should they jump in front of a season ticket holder?

If your not a season ticket holder, you're unlikely to get a ticket. Get over it.

If you are a first year season ticket holder, you still may struggle to get a ticket. Harsh on those who cannot afford or cannot make every game so choose not to/could not buy a season ticket, but why someone who goes to one game thinks they should get a ticket before season ticket holders is beyond me.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
People who traveled too Wrexham away should get priority before anyone else..

nice thought, i doubt it will happen.

I was at wrexham, and have 1230 points, fear i may struggle...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Well luckily being married to a scouser (well, we shall see) I've got the weekend sorted. I'm up there for the Blackpool game so this is a massive bonus.

But I'd be massively surprised by a Friday night, it's carnage at Euston most the day. I doubt they'd want thousands of Albion supporters appearing in their busiest day.

Saturday would be great, Sunday so be it- but I'd imagine it would severely limit the away crowd.

For those thinking of making a weekend don't forget Manchester or even Southport. Both easy to get to Liverpool from.

I can afford to hedge my bets, up on the Friday night and back Monday afternoon.

Effectively the easiest away day I could imagine, bar the London clubs.

Last edited:

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Am worried that I won't get a ticket with 190 points, but remaining positive that many STH will opt to watch it on TV. Might buy a ticket to another game beforehand to bump it up to 200 to increase my chances.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Have to agree with Mr Burns here.

Even in the good old days of 1991 when we had the 2-2 tix went on sale to STHs first and then to members (I was a member) and remember queuing outside the shop. STHs will always, always come first its just the way it is. However I do think those that want one will get one.

This is Liverpool away not Crawley and a limited capacity away end.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It will make a huge difference if all 16000 Falmer season ticket holders who want one don't get one.

This comes up every time theres a big game.

"I went to this game so I must get one"

Although I am critical of the way the club haddles some things, I think they have got the loyality scheme spot on.

You went to Wrexham. Well done. So porbably did someone who lives 20 miles away from the ground and has a soft spot for Brighton, but should they jump in front of a season ticket holder?

If your not a season ticket holder, you're unlikely to get a ticket. Get over it.

If you are a first year season ticket holder, you still may struggle to get a ticket. Harsh on those who cannot afford or cannot make every game so choose not to/could not buy a season ticket, but why someone who goes to one game thinks they should get a ticket before season ticket holders is beyond me.

:clap: The original (not just the last few months) Withdeaners are rewarded, and so they should be.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I have no doubt that this will be shown on TV, as we knocked out Newcastle, we'll go in looking like the under-dogs, and that always makes for a good viewing.

I want a ticket so badly, got the money for both the train and the entrance ticket :(

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Am worried that I won't get a ticket with 190 points, but remaining positive that many STH will opt to watch it on TV. Might buy a ticket to another game beforehand to bump it up to 200 to increase my chances.

I have 270 points and NO CHANCE on my account. even if the season ticket holders dont want them they will know someone who does. but hey as always in life its about who you know.

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
So how does that work when web sales go on sale at 17:00 hrs and the ticket office the next day at 09:00 hrs - I take it you have fixed your short straw or either you or your mate gets a bad deal

For the Palace game and Southampton aways we couldnt get online I went to the Amex to get Southampton in the morning whilst he covered me at work then for Palace they Bloody released Newcastle tickets at the same time as his loyalty points number and My internet packed up so went to the shop again.

I was just making the point if you want a ticket get your arse in gear there is no reason ST holders should miss out.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I was just making the point if you want a ticket get your arse in gear there is no reason ST holders should miss out.

I know have never missed so far

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports