Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anfield ticket binfest.....

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
we will sell out our allocation or near enough, some will go because its a big game, some will go because its liverpool and anfield and others like myself will be there because its another game.. just happens to be massive and promises to be 3-2 to us and a cracking atmoshphere

gratefulred

Sep 22, 2011
Hello all,

I posted on NSC after we played you at the Amex in the Carling Cup thanking you, your town and your club for a splendid day out and when we drew you today I was genuinely made up. Not only because you're not Chelsea, Spurs or Arsenal but because I feel that anyone who will be visiting us from Brighton will have as excellent a day out as I had on the south coast. Just thought I could provide some info if needed.

It's most likely you will get the entire Anfield Road End Lower which holds just under 7,000 and because you're not Mancunians, segregation and police barricades won't be as stringent, therefore allowing for a few more bums on seats.
The game will be a complete sell-out so expect a shade under 45,000 on the day.
There are some really good, friendly alehouses within 100 yards of the ground and you will have a good laugh in them but I advise you get to the ground an hour before kick off because the actual Anfield Road is narrow and super busy on match days and with a large amount of you coming and more than likely being 'patted down' by security (a pain in the arse I know, try being a scouser on an away day!) plus the usual day-trippers taking photos of The Shankly Gates and the Hillsborough Memorial, it may take some time getting to your seat.

I was accused of being condescending by a few on here when I posted earlier in the season, merely for expressing my gratitude to Brighton but I, and many other travelling scousers, developed a real liking for Brighton that day and came away hoping we'd see you at Anfield in the Premier League next year. As it happens that day will happen sooner than we thought!

I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone may have in terms of travel, hotels, alehouses etc.
Many Thanks,
GratefulRed

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone may have in terms of travel, hotels, alehouses etc.
Many Thanks,
GratefulRed

Cheers for the info.

Based on a train offer I'll be coming in to Lime Street. Google Maps puts this at about 25 minutes via bus to the stadium. Is that about right?

How's the food in the stadium? Decent quality? Is it general stadium prices, or is the markup even higher?

raz_18

Thomas Parrott
Jan 26, 2010
Chelmsford, Essex
Like f*** they should. Season tickets holders WILL get priority as they should. So someone who goes to ONE game gets proirty over a season ticket holder?? Get real

I just hope there is enough for every Falmer Season ticket holder who wants to go, to get a ticket. Any more would be a bonus.

From a personal point of view, I'll get a ticket as I have more than enough points to be in the first wave. But from a fan point of view, I'd love every season ticket holder to be guaranteed one, and then everyone else who wants to go, but we all know there won't be enough for every tom dick and harry

To be fair the 200 odd would be a tiny chunk anyway, so would hardly make a difference, except to the people who actually made the effort too travel up there..

gratefulred

Sep 22, 2011
Cheers for the info.

Based on a train offer I'll be coming in to Lime Street. Google Maps puts this at about 25 minutes via bus to the stadium. Is that about right?

How's the food in the stadium? Decent quality? Is it general stadium prices, or is the markup even higher?

Depending on what time you'll be getting into Lime Street there a few ways of going about it. In a taxi you'll be there in under 10 minutes and it will cost you about £7. There are loads of 'Special Buses' put on by Liverpool City Council which are cheap (£2-£3 last time I used one) but cramped, old, and slow. If you've got loads of time before kick-off and the weather is nice I'd also recommend walking along Great Homer Street (B5186) which starts just behind Lime Street Station and finishes on the Kirkdale Road. There are loads who walk from Lime Street and the banter will be friendly and people will direct you to pubs etc. It will take about an hour but it's direct and good exercise! If I was you I'd get a taxi down Great Homer Street to the Kirkdale Road, get out there and walk up to the ground from there it will cut your journey time in half and you'll also enjoy the atmosphere in the terraced streets as you walk up there, lots of pubs, street vendors and take-aways. I also must stress that you should not feel in any way threatened or uncomfortable around the ground. It will appear crowded and narrow with Liverpool fans but I've never seen away fans get any grief on the main access route to the ground (Walton Breck Road).

As for the food, I wouldn't go near it with a 10ft barge pole! Not that it's bad but it is expensive. There are loads of decent chippies and take-aways around the ground which offer superb food, cheap prices and good alehouse proximity so you can have a bevvy and a burger outside a pub! Obviously once you're inside the ground and you fancy a bite to eat you've got no choice! Because one of our main sponsors is still Carlsberg, fellas in the concourse go round with those Beer BackPacks on pouring beer on the go. It's about £3.00 a pint but it's worth it just to avoid queuing at the 'bar'. Bottled beer is also sold at said 'bars' along with sweets, soft drinks and your hot snacks (pies, hot dogs etc.) You can tell you're in Liverpool when a pint is the best value item you can buy!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Based on CPFC I expect the first draft for tickets is 1440 and going down 20 points a time for the allocation.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Thanks for the kind words gratefulred, I'm planning on driving up - I used to know Liverpool reasonably well but that was 20 odd years ago so even if it's the same I doubt I'd be able to find anywhere I used to know :lol:, what's the best bet for parking within about 20 or 30 minute walk?

People who traveled too Wrexham away should get priority before anyone else..

don't see why this long winded trip should be singled out as opposed to any other, I assume you went, If you've got a spare couple of days I'll bore you with tales of all the trips i've made to Northern shitholes over the last 34 years and what it's taken out of me physically,mentally and financially, Will I get a ticket? possibly/possibly not, If I don't, you wont hear me crying on here how someone "less deserving" has got one and I haven't, I'll just watch it on the box

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This. When they go on sale me and my mate draw straws. 1 queues up at the ticket office the oter tries his luck on the web. Organisation is the key

So how does that work when web sales go on sale at 17:00 hrs and the ticket office the next day at 09:00 hrs - I take it you have fixed your short straw or either you or your mate gets a bad deal

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
People who traveled too Wrexham away should get priority before anyone else..

so it's distance then - I went to Middlesbrough and also Carlisle last season so I must be at the front of the queue

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here