Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Naylor having a say on transfer rumours

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The reason Naylor and everyone else hasnt really had any info is because they have not had any ''point of contact''

The work done to date on potential transfer targets has all been done by people working away from the club. That will change soon. Everyone is back is Brighton this week. Consequently journalist will have a central point of contact to try and get information from. Whether they are succesful of not will be dependent on internal leaks but I think now that everyone is back at the club we should see a bit of expeciency in the transfer market soon

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
If this is Zamora going elsewhere, I would start to wonder about the club. I was firmly in the group that said judge at the end of the transfer window last season. I understood with the managerial changes that it would take time, especially with a few big name departures. Sadly, it turned out to be a very poor season.

I had really hoped that the club had learnt this summer. However, we're nearing the end of June and, despite a new manager and getting rid of the Director of Football (who was seen as an issue), we've so far only got a player in from Chelmsford for the development squad. Although there's still six weeks to go until the season starts, it is looking worryingly familiar. I really hope this is wrong but I'm starting to get concerned.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Sadly I think that is right.

It's a bit pathetic for a local journalist to cryptically gloat about being right like this. He's been wrong a lot in the past e.g. the CMS story when he continued saying that we weren't going to sign him.

But it's ok for the head honcho of this board to cryptically gloat about signings and get them wrong far more often than not? Another demonisation of the Argus, all these ITK are as bad as each other.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
But it's ok for the head honcho of this board to cryptically gloat about signings and get them wrong far more often than not? Another demonisation of the Argus, all these ITK are as bad as each other.

It's a bit different when it's your job to be right. Bozza passes information on to NSC. It's not his job. Naylor, whose job it is to report on Brighton, is gloating on his Twitter account about how right he is in this instance but giving no indication of what he's right about. In my opinion that's worse but you may not agree.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
While I have no beef with Naylor I'm a little confused that he's going to tell us how accurate his posts are. Surely if you're a local journo, spanning years of experience with the local club, you shouldn't be posting guesses?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Cryptically gloat?

A couple of weeks ago I was told that 2-3 signings were close and I said as much on here. I don't know who they were/are, but I would have expected something to have happened by now. I said all I knew.

I wasn't being cryptic.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

You're being hypocritical as I said yesterday.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Not sure I agree. With the same players last season we were the worse team left in the championship if Rotherham had not lost 3 points, not sure I'd call that half decent. The manager had since January to get his ideas across to the players you mentioned and frankly we were extremely poor and lucky to survive and I have little confidence that they can suddenly step up to the mark now. The same players with who couldn't score a goal. Why are they going to be able to start now?

We didn't have Baldock, March, Crofts or Colunga in the mix, giving Best game time over OG was a poor decision in my eyes, and always playing for a 0-0 draw, with 4 goals in 14 games was depressing management. Hughton has a stronger team now, than the end of the season and it is down to him to have a good pre-season and good start to the new season. If we got the Iranian guy he wouldn't have added anything judging by his attitude, and I would rather we got the best of the devils we know with everyone understanding the "system" and singing from the same hymn sheet, which is down to Hughton getting it right, and coaching the players to improve.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
The reason Naylor and everyone else hasnt really had any info is because they have not had any ''point of contact''

The work done to date on potential transfer targets has all been done by people working away from the club. That will change soon. Everyone is back is Brighton this week. Consequently journalist will have a central point of contact to try and get information from. Whether they are succesful of not will be dependent on internal leaks but I think now that everyone is back at the club we should see a bit of expeciency in the transfer market soon

Hope you are right about expediency in the market. I still think we need at least 6 players with probably 4 before the Alps in my opinion, not much time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm happy with Ben Roberts as GK coach but can we now sign some players PLEASE

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If this is Zamora going elsewhere, I would start to wonder about the club. I was firmly in the group that said judge at the end of the transfer window last season. I understood with the managerial changes that it would take time, especially with a few big name departures. Sadly, it turned out to be a very poor season.

I had really hoped that the club had learnt this summer. However, we're nearing the end of June and, despite a new manager and getting rid of the Director of Football (who was seen as an issue), we've so far only got a player in from Chelmsford for the development squad. Although there's still six weeks to go until the season starts, it is looking worryingly familiar. I really hope this is wrong but I'm starting to get concerned.

I hope for Hughton's sake whichever striker he signs is prolific because if we get another O'Grady or CMS the thought will remain that we should have signed Bobby when he became available.

It's very difficult to remain patient at the moment, but that is what we've got to do until the window opens in a week's time. That said, this club have lost all of their star quality players and even if we brought in, say, Murphy, Cody MacDonald, Pudil, Stephen Ward and James Perch we're still light years away from the squad of 2012/13. The Albion really need that Zamora signing for a whole raft of reasons.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435064941.741719.jpg

Sideways...backwards more like

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here