Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Naylor having a say on transfer rumours

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Who is next Bozza? Or an idea when the next might be?

I genuinely don't know. All I know is that around 10 days ago I was told 2 or 3 were close. I'd mentioned Paul McShane and had been told that was 'close' to one. If I'd posted that here, I'm sure some sharp minds would have been onto Rosenior pretty quickly.

Let's hope the other 1-2 happen quickly from here. I think we'll all feel a bit more cheery if we have 3 Rosenior quality additions.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I don't think he did. The timeline seems to be...

7:22pm Amy Lewis from Sky Sports tweets it.

[tweet]613411798654558208[/tweet]

7:24pm Thread started on NSC.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?323567-Liam-Rosenior-signs-on-a-3-year-deal

7:28pm NSC tweets about it

[tweet]613413285933805568[/tweet]

7:40pm Andy Naylor tweets about it

[tweet]613416437462470658[/tweet]

8:19pm Club email media announcing the deal with an embargo until 8:30pm

View attachment 66310

8:39pm Andy Naylor tweets the deal. (If he had known much, if any, before the 8:19 club email his article would have been written ready to go at 8:30)

[tweet]613431140465164288[/tweet]

He did seem to suggest earlier on in the day that there was 'incoming', mind.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I'd trust Naylor's reports more than I'd trust 99% of the other rumours on here.

He's a professional journalist, which means he has a reputation to maintain, and anything he prints is going to be based on some sort of evidence. He is not going to print wild, unsubstatiated nonsense, whatever NSC might think. And he'll have considerably better contacts than most other people.

He may not always be right but he'll be right more often than rumours based on wishful thinking, a look-at-me mentality or a bloke in the pub's mate's dog.

It's easy to knock him in the same way that it's easy to knock other people doing a professional job to the best of their ability such as Paul Barber, David Burke and numerous players over the last few years. Cheap targets.

I was in 100% agreement with you until that ludicrous Burke nonsense. Shame on you,

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
I genuinely don't know. All I know is that around 10 days ago I was told 2 or 3 were close. I'd mentioned Paul McShane and had been told that was 'close' to one. If I'd posted that here, I'm sure some sharp minds would have been onto Rosenior pretty quickly.

Let's hope the other 1-2 happen quickly from here. I think we'll all feel a bit more cheery if we have 3 Rosenior quality additions.

In reguards to the 'Incoming' tweet last week, was that Rosenior? Or someone else?

I was in 100% agreement with you until that ludicrous Burke nonsense. Shame on you,

My comment had nothing to do with whether David Burke or anyone else was good, bad or indifferent at their job.

My point was that people like that are easy targets, especially on an internet forum, from people who actually know relatively little about exactly what is going on. Yes they may be frustrated that things are not going as they would like but it's too easy just to pick on an individual and blame them without knowing the details. And unfair.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
My comment had nothing to do with whether David Burke or anyone else was good, bad or indifferent at their job.

My point was that people like that are easy targets, especially on an internet forum, from people who actually know relatively little about exactly what is going on. Yes they may be frustrated that things are not going as they would like but it's too easy just to pick on an individual and blame them without knowing the details. And unfair.

Not in Burke's case... totally justified and 'fair'...

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
They're both as bad as each other. Naylor being smug on twitter, Bozza clinging on to being cryptically 'in the know' because of some kind of Paul McShane comment. What a load of bollocks, just get on with your jobs rather than point scoring.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The reason Naylor and everyone else hasnt really had any info is because they have not had any ''point of contact''

The work done to date on potential transfer targets has all been done by people working away from the club. That will change soon. Everyone is back is Brighton this week. Consequently journalist will have a central point of contact to try and get information from. Whether they are succesful of not will be dependent on internal leaks but I think now that everyone is back at the club we should see a bit of expeciency in the transfer market soon

Per my quote above....................The expediency has started. There are a few more due in for talks in the coming days, so if you know anyone who works in and around the club, keep your eyes peeled. CH only back in his office 2 days and first one signed, although a lot of work had been remotely before yeterday.

As I said, now that everyone is back actually working from Brighton we should be able to push forward now and bring potential targets in for talks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here