Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Naylor having a say on transfer rumours

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I think it's Ameobi as that came from Naylor and his second tweet is suggesting he has accurate info

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Hope I am wrong but reading both text one after the other since posted within a minute of each other I get the feeling that one of the supposed targets is about to sign elsewhere thus proving Naylor correct.
Would be nice, however, if I am talking rubbish as usual.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
If Naylor wants to bang the drum about accuracy, he should start by looking in his back yard: Ameobi's a striker now, is he?

I'd trust Naylor's reports more than I'd trust 99% of the other rumours on here.

He's a professional journalist, which means he has a reputation to maintain, and anything he prints is going to be based on some sort of evidence. He is not going to print wild, unsubstatiated nonsense, whatever NSC might think. And he'll have considerably better contacts than most other people.

He may not always be right but he'll be right more often than rumours based on wishful thinking, a look-at-me mentality or a bloke in the pub's mate's dog.

It's easy to knock him in the same way that it's easy to knock other people doing a professional job to the best of their ability such as Paul Barber, David Burke and numerous players over the last few years. Cheap targets.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Thanks bud. Interesting, considering [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] said, not forty minutes ago, that interest in Murphy is real.

All the club has to do is add a player to the long list of many others and it could be considered real interest. I learnt my lesson after Grabban and the only news I look out for now is a statement from the club. The worst thing is a rumour with a riddle or cryptic message attached to it.

As it stands we need a spare CB, a LB, a couple of wingers and a striker. Maybe we will have to utilise Chickson, Monakanna and Rea. A managers job is to coach players to become better players and raise their game. I like Colunga, Baldock and O’Grady so as long as we have no injuries, a productive pre-season, learn to feed the front men and work as a well oiled machine, we should be ready to start the season with what we have.

I think we are half decent and it's more important how the manager gets his philosphy over to the players. If he can't do that, then 2 or 3 signings won't make any difference.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
All the club has to do is add a player to the long list of many others and it could be considered real interest. I learnt my lesson after Grabban and the only news I look out for now is a statement from the club. The worst thing is a rumour with a riddle or cryptic message attached to it.

As it stands we need a spare CB, a LB, a couple of wingers and a striker. Maybe we will have to utilise Chickson, Monakanna and Rea. A managers job is to coach players to become better players and raise their game. I like Colunga, Baldock and O’Grady so as long as we have no injuries, a productive pre-season, learn to feed the front men and work as a well oiled machine, we should be ready to start the season with what we have.

I think we are half decent and it's more important how the manager gets his philosphy over to the players. If he can't do that, then 2 or 3 signings won't make any difference.

Not sure I agree. With the same players last season we were the worse team left in the championship if Rotherham had not lost 3 points, not sure I'd call that half decent. The manager had since January to get his ideas across to the players you mentioned and frankly we were extremely poor and lucky to survive and I have little confidence that they can suddenly step up to the mark now. The same players with who couldn't score a goal. Why are they going to be able to start now?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here