Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Murray snubbing Sports Personality!

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A deserved winner.

I know I am biased, but no podium for Froome? Has winning the Tour De France become something that is considered two-a-penny?

Wiggin's SPOTY was backed up with Olympic gold.

Durlston

NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Very surprised that Chris Froome wasn't in the top three after winning the Tour De France. That was a magnificent achievement.

Tony McCoy (who got third place) has done amazingly well in his career to rack up over 4,000 winners as a jockey but........his efforts have been spread over a number of years but reaching the milestone was good PR for a declining interest on horse racing in betting shops, where roulette machines keep bookies rich now. Slightly cynical I know. He's also won SPOTY two years ago.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Unlike Sudan-born Farah, South Africa-born Rose and Kenya-born Froome? :dunce:

Lots of them about though.

Here's the voting, Murray hosed up, bizarre number of votes for some.
Murray 401,470
Halfpenny 65,913
McCoy 57,854
Farah 51,945
Ainslie 48,140
Froome 37,343
Cockroft 26,151
Ohuruogu 13,179
Rose 9,833
Bell 5,626

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I wonder if Rory McIlroy will get the same grief for saying he wants the aussies to win the ashes???

He will be spared the grief like everyone else...unless he's a total tosser like Murray who gobs off inappropriately. I personally don't judge folk by their sporting prowess as much as I do their sportsmanship.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
What does Mo Farah have to do to finish in the top 3? The past 2 years he has won gold in the 5000 and 10000 metres at Olympics and this year the 5000 and 10000 at the World Championships, yet in neither year has he made the podium. I can understand it a bit last year because of all of the other Olympians' achievements, but it seems strange that a Welsh rugby player and a jockey would finish ahead of him this year. Strikes me that there's a lot of people regarding him as a plastic Brit even though he's lived in the UK since the age of 6.

D

Deleted member 18477

Halfpenny runner up? :lolol:

Oh well at least the winner was the right choice!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Murray is a worthy winner, more votes than the other nine put together. I fancy had Gareth Bale and Phil Taylor been in the nominees they'd have finished second and third.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
What does Mo Farah have to do to finish in the top 3? The past 2 years he has won gold in the 5000 and 10000 metres at Olympics and this year the 5000 and 10000 at the World Championships, yet in neither year has he made the podium. I can understand it a bit last year because of all of the other Olympians' achievements, but it seems strange that a Welsh rugby player and a jockey would finish ahead of him this year. Strikes me that there's a lot of people regarding him as a plastic Brit even though he's lived in the UK since the age of 6.

Quite. Mo has had an astounding 2 years; double Olympic and double world champion; oh, plus the UK 1500m record this year just for fun (in his first ever competitive 1500, beating Cram's record of 20+ years - also obviously beating Coe and Ovett's fastest ever times).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here