Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Murray snubbing Sports Personality!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Never used to like him but he's turned me around.absolute winner and we don't have many of them.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Jesus - not this AGAIN. He made one comment IN JEST and has paid for it ever since. He's our most successful tennis player in years and I can't think of anyone more deserving of this year's award.

Well said.

Comes across as a decent bloke to me and, more importantly, has achieved that long awaited British Wimbledon win in an era with giants of the game in the shape Federer, Nadal & Djokovic - now that takes some doing!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
never liked murray, don't care if he wins or loses, i don't feel any link to him really....he hates the english and is in the game for the cash.

Strange how you persistently mock the rest if the board for falling for the spin of the 'main stream media', yet they seem to have got you hook, line and sinker here.

Actually it's not strange at all, it's completely and utterly predictable.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Well said.

Comes across as a decent bloke to me and, more importantly, has achieved that long awaited British Wimbledon win in an era with giants of the game in the shape Federer, Nadal & Djokovic - now that takes some doing!

Agree with that.

BUT, he is clearly going to win, and he should respect the award and actually be there to collect it.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
never liked murray, don't care if he wins or loses, i don't feel any link to him really....he hates the english and is in the game for the cash.

You really are a piece of work

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Agree with that.

BUT, he is clearly going to win, and he should respect the award and actually be there to collect it.

I'm sure I read somewhere it would interfere with he's training schedule having to fly back to the Uk. If you want to be the best then you have to make sacrifices.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Agree with that.

They're not informed before the event who is going to win. Yes, it should be a foregone this year, but he's a professional sportsman and surely his training programme should take precedence over an awards ceremony where the winner is not guaranteed. I'm not sure, but I'd imagine he wouldn't be the first winner to accept the award via satellite link anyway?

Personally, I can't see how not being there in person takes anything away from the achievement that leads to winning the thing in the first place.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
2 things.
1. Has he "Snubbed" the awards or just can't make it?
2. I wonder if any English person has won it but could not be there on the night? In which case is that a snub too?

Stop being a cock

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He has had a major back operation and cannot do an 8 hour and back flight. This is widely reported.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Priority is to get over back surgery so obviously he was never going to do needless flights.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I think the OP is on a wind up isn't he?

You're whingeing because Murray would rather be dedicated to making himself the best tennis player he could possibly be rather than turn up at some completely meaningless PR, celebrity infested circle jerk "award."

This gets me really hot under the collar. We as Brits worship hopeless wasters like Gascoigne, Best & Flintoff who ruined their own careers through not looking after themselves properly & then whinge when one of the most single minded, determined sportmen on the planet won't smile sweetly and kiss a*se for the cameras.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I think the OP is on a wind up isn't he?

You're whingeing because Murray would rather be dedicated to making himself the best tennis player he could possibly be rather than turn up at some completely meaningless PR, celebrity infested circle jerk "award."

This gets me really hot under the collar. We as Brits worship hopeless wasters like Gascoigne, Best & Flintoff who ruined their own careers through not looking after themselves properly & then whinge when one of the most single minded, determined sportmen on the planet won't smile sweetly and kiss a*se for the cameras.

I think that sums it up quite nicely.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I never used to like him, but after seeing some interviews and documentaries on him after Wimbledon he actually came across as an alright bloke tbf. So what if he doesn't care whether England win or lose, I don't care if Scotland win or lose either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here