Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Johnson

COYP

Oct 1, 2012

Feb 14, 2010
Yep and with that, Eaglejez should stop worrying about Brighton and return to worrying about the Parish statement, that should Palace be relegated, there is no doubt they will return to the huge debts that they had when he purchased the club. So relegation this season and a couple of seasons parachute payments then back to the same old Palace, me thinks.

If Parish said that then who on earth would lend them money again, as the natural consequence will be the 3rd or 4th insolvency (cant remember what number they are on now, is it more or less than Pompey?) and the creditors would again be left high and dry. I have no idea whether palace will stay up, nobody does at the moment, but if Parish s saying that then what do palace fans make of it, or are they not bothered because they are in the "premier league"?

Dec 3, 2012
If Parish said that then who on earth would lend them money again, as the natural consequence will be the 3rd or 4th insolvency (cant remember what number they are on now, is it more or less than Pompey?) and the creditors would again be left high and dry. I have no idea whether palace will stay up, nobody does at the moment, but if Parish s saying that then what do palace fans make of it, or are they not bothered because they are in the "premier league"?

I think only the most shortsighted Palace fans would not consider that it's a possibility that they could return to the Championship and therefore a loss each season like everyone else there.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012

Welcome back Wind Up Pride. I've missed you...no seriously. Pretty sure at no stage has Parish said 'If we go down we're going bust' but why would facts get in the way. Me and Spanish Flair had this conversation last time and he ended up crying, posting '**** off' and thumbs downing my post lol.

We are being sensible, not paying huge wages (in comparison to the rest of the league), not paying massive transfer fees and being generally pretty sensible and its winding you guys the hell up :D

Feb 14, 2010
Welcome back Wind Up Pride. I've missed you...no seriously. Pretty sure at no stage has Parish said 'If we go down we're going bust' but why would facts get in the way. Me and Spanish Flair had this conversation last time and he ended up crying, posting '**** off' and thumbs downing my post lol.

We are being sensible, not paying huge wages (in comparison to the rest of the league), not paying massive transfer fees and being generally pretty sensible and its winding you guys the hell up :D

Doesnt wind me p at all. Glad you have learnt your lesson although you never really suffered in the las two insolvencies. Not even as if you lost your ground or got relegated. At least Pompey have been relegated a few times to pay the price for their FA Cup success that they couldnt afford. There is a great thread without any palace comment yet, its "104 years ago today..." . Worth a look. Having such a history is great.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Doesnt wind me p at all. Glad you have learnt your lesson although you never really suffered in the las two insolvencies. Not even as if you lost your ground or got relegated. At least Pompey have been relegated a few times to pay the price for their FA Cup success that they couldnt afford. There is a great thread without any palace comment yet, its "104 years ago today..." . Worth a look. Having such a history is great.

Erm yeah you see we haven't had the ground until CPFC2010 rescued us so yes we kind of did lose our ground remember :) No not in the same way as you're talking about of course but if we had have owned our ground back then I vastly suspect we would have sold it to pay off our debts...

Feb 14, 2010
Erm yeah you see we haven't had the ground until CPFC2010 rescued us so yes we kind of did lose our ground remember :) No not in the same way as you're talking about of course but if we had have owned our ground back then I vastly suspect we would have sold it to pay off our debts...

I'm very pleased you didnt have to move from Selhurst actually. Im the generation of the "war years". Albion fans v Albion board. No way for football to go. Brighton were lucky with its support, one club/city/county identity. If not, then the club wouldnt have survived. MK were actually circling us and all the fuss I think put them off and they then did it to Wimbledon

Dec 3, 2012
I'm very pleased you didnt have to move from Selhurst actually. Im the generation of the "war years". Albion fans v Albion board. No way for football to go. Brighton were lucky with its support, one club/city/county identity. If not, then the club wouldnt have survived. MK were actually circling us and all the fuss I think put them off and they then did it to Wimbledon

Who are you and what have you done with WCP?

Feb 14, 2010
Who are you and what have you done with WCP?

I sa it the way it is. Always been consistent with that. I know palace fans dont like the fact that they going missing in action when playing Championship football, but then protest about "premier league" in the same breath, I know they also have never been Champions of England like our very own Albion, but they still have their own little history and well, they did follow us to Wembley a few years after 1983 and they are a part of the rich fabric of football.. (is that better?)

Dec 3, 2012
I sa it the way it is. Always been consistent with that. I know palace fans dont like the fact that they going missing in action when playing Championship football, but then protest about "premier league" in the same breath, I know they also have never been Champions of England like our very own Albion, but they still have their own little history and well, they did follow us to Wembley a few years after 1983 and they are a part of the rich fabric of football.. (is that better?)

Yeah, welcome back.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012

And back to the same old argument. Brighton went missing for years and years and years.

Feb 14, 2010
And back to the same old argument. Brighton went missing for years and years and years.

No we didnt mate. All crowds in the 80s were lower everywhere, including palace. The really low crowds at the goldstone were due to the civil war raging. Palace support has never been tested, but we do know that when in the championship, and everything being equal, Brighton will get 28000 and palace about 14000/15000 if they are offering kids for a quid or something. But thats fine, clubs like palace and wigan should be applauded for what they have achieved despite their lack of support

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
COYP.. As a football man, the 104 years ago thread is waiting your congratulations...

I'll check it out in a sec but everything hasn't been equal between us in quite a while as you well know Wind Up Pride :)

EDIT: Read that thread now, its interesting. However, how much of a whiny school girl do you sound 'Why are no Palace on this thread congratulating us?'.

1. Its not about Palace.
2. It happened 104 years ago. Where is your congratulations to us for winning the Zenith Data Systems Cup Wind Up Pride...where is it..why are you not accepting of our sheer dominance of a cup competition from 13 years ago? I mean especially as we beat you 2-0 at your gaff in the third round? I mean where is the congratulations Wind Up Pride?

Last edited:

Feb 14, 2010
I'll check it out in a sec but everything hasn't been equal between us in quite a while as you well know Wind Up Pride :)

EDIT: Read that thread now, its interesting. However, how much of a whiny school girl do you sound 'Why are no Palace on this thread congratulating us?'.

1. Its not about Palace.
2. It happened 104 years ago. Where is your congratulations to us for winning the Zenith Data Systems Cup Wind Up Pride...where is it..why are you not accepting of our sheer dominance of a cup competition from 13 years ago? I mean especially as we beat you 2-0 at your gaff in the third round? I mean where is the congratulations Wind Up Pride?

The Zenith data, leyland daff reserve team cup was not Champions of All England like Brighton's 1010 heroes, but erm many congratulations. I also did congratulate you for followingus to Wembley a few years after we were there in 83 and I have congratulated clubs like palace, wigan and wimbledon for all their success despite their lackof support. It really does put clubs with a support like Sunderland and Brighton to shame.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I wasn't coming on here necessarily and I stay off NSC because of, well, the way it has become and lets face it post like yours. I signed up over 10 years ago and the banter used to be pretty good but its pretty vicious now and banter nearby impossible. The fault on that score could probably also be laid at the BBS's door which has increased it proportion of newby posters who dish it out but can't take it but there are a few good Brighton posters that hold their own on there (even Londoner et al who come on and troll do ok and are legends on there !).

I got 'banned' a couple of years ago for posting a wind up video, which was fair enough, but Bozza reinstated me but I hardly ever post on here anymore since even trying to have grown up discussions get totally taken the wrong way (after one of my posts someone tried to make fun of my son who got run over and was in a coma !). Obviously there'll be masses of abuse for saying NSC has got too precious but it really has !! I think deep down the oldies know this.

Anyway, for those who can actually see past the red and blue mist if you read my posts on this and that BBS thread I'm not saying Brighton are facing a financial meltdown. All I'm saying is that there's absolutely no info anywhere regarding the Administration & Operational costs. All I'm saying is that if these really are effectively fixed then Brighton are going to keep making losses that need funding. Hopefully the Club are on top of them and the YE14 accounts will show them at a much lower level so everything will be ok. If they aren't then its near impossible to make profits without massive player transfer profits.

In summary - I'm not saying you are doomed

(ps - I really do know more than the sq root of fuk all :) )

Phew 3 paragraphs of not a lot, heres a picture of a cat.

image.jpg

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I think only the most shortsighted Palace fans would not consider that it's a possibility that they could return to the Championship and therefore a loss each season like everyone else there.

OMG! Don't let Eaglejez hear this, as he has been so worried about our finances that he has been posting his thoughts about it on BBS for nearly a month now and if he thought Palace might end up the same way and Palace don't get a league win soon, could see him slash his wrists.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here