Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Johnson

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Really? Then why have we just got the majority of high earners of the books and replaced with cheaper quality? How will you statement sound when we comply with FFP in Jan?

I know you lot find it hard to believe that we are actually doing things the right way and light years ahead of you when it comes to Infrastructure but this drum you keep beating about us being skint and will go into administration is just boring.

You should start a thread on the BBS about our finances..... Oh sorry, someone already has.

You are making a loss. How is that living within your means? Complying with the FFP policy would just mean making a slightly smaller loss. You went from an £8.5m loss to a £14.8 million loss. Whilst increasing your loss by 80% you were claiming to be 'the only club looking to abide by the spirit of FFP'. At the time you were getting the likes of Wayne Bridge, a recently former Champions League defender on loan and to my understanding paying the vast majority of his wages. Again, increasing your spend in order to try and get into the Premiership is not trying to be FFP compliant, its trying to buy success.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
You are making a loss. How is that living within your means? Complying with the FFP policy would just mean making a slightly smaller loss. You went from an £8.5m loss to a £14.8 million loss. Whilst increasing your loss by 80% you were claiming to be 'the only club looking to abide by the spirit of FFP'. At the time you were getting the likes of Wayne Bridge, a recently former Champions League defender on loan and to my understanding paying the vast majority of his wages. Again, increasing your spend in order to try and get into the Premiership is not trying to be FFP compliant, its trying to buy success.

We paid 10% of bridges wages so £9k per week. Widely reported at that figure. Shows again that you're talking rubbish.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
We paid 10% of bridges wages so £9k per week. Widely reported at that figure. Shows again that you're talking rubbish.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...complete-surprise-move-to-Brighton-today.html You're quite correct, I misread the bit here where it says City are thought to be paying a substantial proportion of his wages as being that Brighton were. Mistakes happen. Glad I put that I believed it was the case rather than stating it was the case :) Still not seen it say it was only £9k a week you were paying him though.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
The mere fact that you thought it possible that BHA could be paying over 45K a week for Bridge invalidates anything you may ever say. It's the definition of ignorance.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Really? Then why have we just got the majority of high earners of the books and replaced with cheaper quality? How will you statement sound when we comply with FFP in Jan?

I know you lot find it hard to believe that we are actually doing things the right way and light years ahead of you when it comes to Infrastructure but this drum you keep beating about us being skint and will go into administration is just boring.

You should start a thread on the BBS about our finances..... Oh sorry, someone already has.

I have just had a look at that thread and do you get the impression that the thread starter Eaglejez and our friend here COYP, could be one of the same person, both appear to be totally obsessed, by their number of posts, on the subject of our finances and Tony Bloom ?
The other thing reading that thread, with so many financial experts who are prepared to give their knowledgeable predictions about our club, how they failed to stop their own club robbing all those people of their money and going into admin twice in a decade.

eaglejez

Apr 23, 2004
I have just had a look at that thread and do you get the impression that the thread starter Eaglejez and our friend here COYP, could be one of the same person, both appear to be totally obsessed, by their number of posts, on the subject of our finances and Tony Bloom ?
The other thing reading that thread, with so many financial experts who are prepared to give their knowledgeable predictions about our club, how they failed to stop their own club robbing all those people of their money and going into admin twice in a decade.

nope - we are different people !

If you actually read the thread its actually a serious thread (with no gloating) but it ends up needing one question answered that no one seems to know the answer to and which is one of the most important issues facing your Club.

ie What are the Administration and Operational costs made up of. They seem pretty fixed to me. Someone needs to get to the bottom of them because if they really are fixed overheads from having the Amex with very little latitude for reducing them substantially then Brighton are in big trouble financially long term ie the Amex would be a financial millstone. If they are not then that's good news for the Brighton. If you look at the Janet & John summary I did of your accounts it shows what I mean. (the 2012 accounts suggest they are costs associated with the stadium which is not good)

This is a serious question that I think only El Pres seems to realise. For all the laughter we get at your expense not many Palace fans want Brighton to get into financial trouble.
To quote Michael Corleone "Its not personal Sonny, its strictly business......"

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

If you actually read the thread its actually a serious thread (with no gloating) but it ends up needing one question answered that no one seems to know the answer to and which is one of the most important issues facing your Club.

ie What are the Administration and Operational costs made up of. They seem pretty fixed to me. Someone needs to get to the bottom of them because if they really are fixed overheads from having the Amex with very little latitude for reducing them substantially then Brighton are in big trouble financially long term ie the Amex would be a financial millstone. If they are not then that's good news for the Brighton. If you look at the Janet & John summary I did of your accounts it shows what I mean. (the 2012 accounts suggest they are costs associated with the stadium which is not good)

This is a serious question that I think only El Pres seems to realise. For all the laughter we get at your expense not many Palace fans want Brighton to get into financial trouble.

So has EL Pres confirmed to you, he agrees with you, that as you predict, we are heading as a club to financial meltdown?

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

If it is something that only El Pres seems to realise then why doesn't he write like you. All he says is we are lucky to have Bloom.

If I remember rightly you stated it seems to cost about £6 million to run the stadium a year (I could be wrong). Yet you don't mention that Sodexo pays us £5 million a year for catering (something that only is there with the stadium.

You also don't ever talk about the fact that in the first season we had an income of £21 million which is £6 million higher than an average club without Parachute payments (isn't that the stadium paying for itself?) or the second season we had £23 million (isn't that the stadium more than paying for itself?

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Let's just take a look at the wider situation.

September 2013: They are a shambles of a side at the bottom of the PL, with most people doubting they will even get into double figures.

May 2014: Palace complete an amazing season with a turnaround that is probably unprecedented in PL history. Everything is looking rosy for them. They have a manager who has turned a group of fairly average players into the 12th best team in the country. I seem to remember someone on here saying they thought Palace would hang around the Premiership for a long time,me and I think many of us would have begrudgingly agreed.

September 2014: Their saviour, Pulis, has gone, they have temporarily released a balding potentially effective but let's be honest, probably crocked glass knee goal scorer in Murray, and replaced him with a totally bald crocked ex-player, well past his best.

Not even the most optimistic of us could have even dreamed this would happen, leaving them in potentially the same position that they were in September 2013.

I think that calls for a :O

Thoughtful additions.

eaglejez

Apr 23, 2004
If it is something that only El Pres seems to realise then why doesn't he write like you. All he says is we are lucky to have Bloom.

If I remember rightly you stated it seems to cost about £6 million to run the stadium a year (I could be wrong). Yet you don't mention that Sodexo pays us £5 million a year for catering (something that only is there with the stadium.

You also don't ever talk about the fact that in the first season we had an income of £21 million which is £6 million higher than an average club without Parachute payments (isn't that the stadium paying for itself?) or the second season we had £23 million (isn't that the stadium more than paying for itself?

I'm not saying necessarily there will be a financial meltdown. All I'm saying is that if the you really have c16m fixed costs (ie they cannot be varied too much unlike say wages) then its hard to see how you could ever make a profit without getting promoted. The 6m 'cost' was an estimate after all of the costs that you mentioned. See the summary on the BBS thread first post. Maybe its all fine and the company can cut these costs to say 8m pa and then everything is rosy. Its such a mega issue that I'm surprised it hasn't had more discussion on it

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I'm not saying necessarily there will be a financial meltdown. All I'm saying is that if the you really have c16m fixed costs (ie they cannot be varied too much unlike say wages) then its hard to see how you could ever make a profit without getting promoted. The 6m 'cost' was an estimate after all of the costs that you mentioned. See the summary on the BBS thread first post. Maybe its all fine and the company can cut these costs to say 8m pa and then everything is rosy. Its such a mega issue that I'm surprised it hasn't had more discussion on it

When has El Pres agreed with you? That is when I will start taking more notice (sorry but your a Palace fan). For what it is worth Tony said at the fans forum that Brighton is a club that will loose £10 million a year while we are not in the Premiership (he didn't sound to worried about it).

eaglejez

Apr 23, 2004
When has El Pres agreed with you? That is when I will start taking more notice (sorry but your a Palace fan). For what it is worth Tony said at the fans forum that Brighton is a club that will loose £10 million a year while we are not in the Premiership (he didn't sound to worried about it).

I meant i thought he was the only one that had ever mentioned it. Do your own research. Obviously it's just a minor interest of mine but should be a big interest of yours. Maybe they can be cut so there's no issue.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I meant i thought he was the only one that had ever mentioned it. Do your own research. Obviously it's just a minor interest of mine but should be a big interest of yours. Maybe they can be cut so there's no issue.

I don't know how to understand financial accounts. I am sure that El Pres is an honest fella and if he was really concerned he would at least let people know on here (if he hasn't already as I could have missed it). I'm not quite sure how after 2 published accounts that tells the least detail it is allowed to, people can tell if these cost are fixed. So as you say maybe whatever it is you are seeing can be cut.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption

You seem intent on convincing yourself that the Albion are in financial strife and about to go belly up, we aren't and we wont. And who the hell do you think you are coming on here and telling us what the greatest issues facing our club are like some sage insider with knowledge of our finances, you know the square root of fuq all mate so all your hot air is just that, a pathetic attempt to make it look like you know something we dont and we are doomed. Bugger off back to your hovel BBS.

Dec 3, 2012

So what happens if the club don't get to the Premiership?

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

So what makes Brighton in your mind in a worse position than Reading, Sheff Wd, Notts Forest, Wolves, Leeds, Blackburn and even Palace when they get relegated. There was a radio interview with Parish in the last two weeks, when he said that from the time he took over, they were making huge losses, until they sold Zaha which the four owners were covering. He also stated that, should they get relegated this would most likely be the position again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here