Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Johnson

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
You seem intent on convincing yourself that the Albion are in financial strife and about to go belly up, we aren't and we wont. And who the hell do you think you are coming on here and telling us what the greatest issues facing our club are like some sage insider with knowledge of our finances, you know the square root of fuq all mate so all your hot air is just that, a pathetic attempt to make it look like you know something we dont and we are doomed. Bugger off back to your hovel BBS.
Well said.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I would say that Tony Bloom either continues backing the club or he will sell. How many clubs are making money in the Championship and not in the same position as Brighton?
Tony has said he'll be chairman of BHAFC for many more years. So that means he's prepared to budget for the annual loss I reckon.

And massive thanks to Tony for that.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Tony has said he'll be chairman of BHAFC for many more years. So that means he's prepared to budget for the annual loss I reckon.

And massive thanks to Tony for that.
Yep and with that, Eaglejez should stop worrying about Brighton and return to worrying about the Parish statement, that should Palace be relegated, there is no doubt they will return to the huge debts that they had when he purchased the club. So relegation this season and a couple of seasons parachute payments then back to the same old Palace, me thinks.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Yep and with that, Eaglejez should stop worrying about Brighton and return to worrying about the Parish statement, that should Palace be relegated, there is no doubt they will return to the huge debts that they had when he purchased the club. So relegation this season and a couple of seasons parachute payments then back to the same old Palace, me thinks.
And with the supposed '200 million' long gone, with nothing to show for it except some funky cladding :lolol: and shiny new gates :guitar:

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Oh please take comfort in what the bookies say mate, I think they have been badly wrong about you in the last two seasons. Lets hope they are wrong again.

We don't need to take comfort in anything except the quality of our playing staff. We finished 11th last season and we've only strengthened the squad - we'll be absolutely fine :)

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Serious question. You don't think that was down to the manager?

It had a lot to do with Pulis. He galvanized the squad and got them working for each other, that hasn't gone away. We were very unfortunate to lose to Arsenal away from home and we deserved much more than a point against Newcastle.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
It had a lot to do with Pulis. He galvanized the squad and got them working for each other, that hasn't gone away. We were very unfortunate to lose to Arsenal away from home and we deserved much more than a point against Newcastle.

I notice there is no mention of West Ham at home?

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Aj and Doyle? yes I can see the strengthening you speak of.:lolol::lolol:

AJ is a player coach and Doyle is Murray's replacement as 4th/5th choice striker.

By strengthening I meant replacing Gabbidon with Hangeland, KG with James McArthur, Jerome with Campbell, Moxey with Fryers, Parr with Martin Kelly, bringing back Wilfried, etc. :clap2:

I notice there is no mention of West Ham at home?

Because we didn't deserve anything from West Ham at home. We got outplayed by a side who have just signed some fantastic technical players, why would I mention it when I'm highlighting my reasons for being confident?

As always when we have these wonderful conversations, please remember that our Premier League adventure ensures that we've pocketed a minimum of £180MILLION at your expense. Thanks.

soccer-npower-football-league-championship-play-off-semi-final-second-leg-brighton-and-hove-albi.jpg

eaglejez

Apr 23, 2004
You seem intent on convincing yourself that the Albion are in financial strife and about to go belly up, we aren't and we wont. And who the hell do you think you are coming on here and telling us what the greatest issues facing our club are like some sage insider with knowledge of our finances, you know the square root of fuq all mate so all your hot air is just that, a pathetic attempt to make it look like you know something we dont and we are doomed. Bugger off back to your hovel BBS.

I wasn't coming on here necessarily and I stay off NSC because of, well, the way it has become and lets face it post like yours. I signed up over 10 years ago and the banter used to be pretty good but its pretty vicious now and banter nearby impossible. The fault on that score could probably also be laid at the BBS's door which has increased it proportion of newby posters who dish it out but can't take it but there are a few good Brighton posters that hold their own on there (even Londoner et al who come on and troll do ok and are legends on there !).

I got 'banned' a couple of years ago for posting a wind up video, which was fair enough, but Bozza reinstated me but I hardly ever post on here anymore since even trying to have grown up discussions get totally taken the wrong way (after one of my posts someone tried to make fun of my son who got run over and was in a coma !). Obviously there'll be masses of abuse for saying NSC has got too precious but it really has !! I think deep down the oldies know this.

Anyway, for those who can actually see past the red and blue mist if you read my posts on this and that BBS thread I'm not saying Brighton are facing a financial meltdown. All I'm saying is that there's absolutely no info anywhere regarding the Administration & Operational costs. All I'm saying is that if these really are effectively fixed then Brighton are going to keep making losses that need funding. Hopefully the Club are on top of them and the YE14 accounts will show them at a much lower level so everything will be ok. If they aren't then its near impossible to make profits without massive player transfer profits.

In summary - I'm not saying you are doomed

(ps - I really do know more than the sq root of fuk all :) )

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I wasn't coming on here necessarily and I stay off NSC because of, well, the way it has become and lets face it post like yours. I signed up over 10 years ago and the banter used to be pretty good but its pretty vicious now and banter nearby impossible. The fault on that score could probably also be laid at the BBS's door which has increased it proportion of newby posters who dish it out but can't take it but there are a few good Brighton posters that hold their own on there (even Londoner et al who come on and troll do ok and are legends on there !).

I got 'banned' a couple of years ago for posting a wind up video, which was fair enough, but Bozza reinstated me but I hardly ever post on here anymore since even trying to have grown up discussions get totally taken the wrong way (after one of my posts someone tried to make fun of my son who got run over and was in a coma !). Obviously there'll be masses of abuse for saying NSC has got too precious but it really has !! I think deep down the oldies know this.

Anyway, for those who can actually see past the red and blue mist if you read my posts on this and that BBS thread I'm not saying Brighton are facing a financial meltdown. All I'm saying is that there's absolutely no info anywhere regarding the Administration & Operational costs. All I'm saying is that if these really are effectively fixed then Brighton are going to keep making losses that need funding. Hopefully the Club are on top of them and the YE14 accounts will show them at a much lower level so everything will be ok. If they aren't then its near impossible to make profits without massive player transfer profits.

In summary - I'm not saying you are doomed

(ps - I really do know more than the sq root of fuk all :) )

You make a big deal about us not knowing the detail of things, but thats how the club works. We know what we need to know. You are acting like some Brighton fans did about the transfer window, but with our finances.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
nope - we are different people !

If you actually read the thread its actually a serious thread (with no gloating) but it ends up needing one question answered that no one seems to know the answer to and which is one of the most important issues facing your Club.

ie What are the Administration and Operational costs made up of. They seem pretty fixed to me. Someone needs to get to the bottom of them because if they really are fixed overheads from having the Amex with very little latitude for reducing them substantially then Brighton are in big trouble financially long term ie the Amex would be a financial millstone. If they are not then that's good news for the Brighton. If you look at the Janet & John summary I did of your accounts it shows what I mean. (the 2012 accounts suggest they are costs associated with the stadium which is not good)

This is a serious question that I think only El Pres seems to realise. For all the laughter we get at your expense not many Palace fans want Brighton to get into financial trouble.
To quote Michael Corleone "Its not personal Sonny, its strictly business......"

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
How many pages is the thread about our finances from caring Palace fans that know pretty much zero about the subject matter?

Pretty sure if you go back through the thread you'll see it was Brighton fans that dragged the thread off topic talking about OUR finances :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here