Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andy Jacobs TalkSport rant about Brighton (and their fans)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I must give that a listen.

Long, long before his hatred for us, if you listened regularly, he’s spiteful old fucker. We’ve joined an incredibly long list. The elephant that never forgets, he hates Barca fans, because they knocked The Chavs out of the CL a couple of times.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
He's just their Boycott; someone for the rest to laugh at.

By the way 'Football Weekly' was good on our game this week. https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...nchester-city-arsenal-football-weekly-podcast

Discussion starts at about 30:53. The first bit is about the mess at Chelsea, but stick with it as there's some good stuff on RDZ and a lovely line from their own Andy Jacobs, Barry Glendenning when he says that 'For all Chelsea are trying to be like Brighton, they couldn't be less like them.' :ROFLMAO:

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Most of these shows have two people that just spend the whole time contradicting each other, until someone takes the bait and phones in. “I came here for an argument”, “no you didn’t”, “I most certainly did” etc. Brighton were lucky, Chelsea had an off day, Arsenal will win the league, City have the momentum, West Ham and Everton are doomed, no they aren’t. Oh yes they are, no they really aren’t. But they are, even my gran thinks they are. Hold on, let’s ask Barry from Torquay.
I really like the Game Day Warm Up with Max and Charlie at weekends because it's the antithesis of this and often very funny. Max Rushden also described Solly March as "faultless" and couldn't believe Southgate overlooks him so bonus points for that!

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
Did anyone else hear this guy (I think it was Andy Jacobs, the Chelsea fan) show his true colours at lunchtime. Must have been about 1.20pm.

Fully goes off on one about Brighton's arrogant fans. How our players aren't any good once they get into othe teams. How we're just terrible and that once we've had our good season basically we'll disappear back to where we came from. Astonishing rant and totally exposed him and his real opinions.

If anyone knows how to do it, please post it here, it's worth a listen.

PS the other presenters were just laughing at him and proved him wrong about our players now working at other clubs.
The idea that anyone really believes that Albion supporters are arrogant at all is laughable. He was just trying it on wasn't he? I've not encountered anyone, even with the semi coming up who takes anything we have for granted, whether long termers or JCLs.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The idea that anyone really believes that Albion supporters are arrogant at all is laughable. He was just trying it on wasn't he? I've not encountered anyone, even with the semi coming up who takes anything we have for granted, whether long termers or JCLs.

He just hates us for laughing at Boehly and Cucu.

A short memory, the Chavs weren't a force in English football for literally decades.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Partly, but, I think, out of all the Talkshite presenters Andy J is the one who gives the least of a shite. The other month, when he was doing a read of a competition, he read the web address out wrong one day and then did it again a few days later, having already been told he was wrong!

He's a luddite, a grumpy old man and doesn't hold back with his frustrations with the modern world. But he's still passionate about football and I love his anecdotes of his note-making during various matches. Yes, of course he'll ham it up about Chelsea with a negative slant – he does the same with the England cricket team – but I still quite like him. Plus Mrs Jacobs has health problems – hence why he's no longer full-time/always in the studio, so I cut him some slack because of the potential fallout of that...
I think Andy Jacobs is great.

Sure he's a grumpy biased old git. He's exactly like I would be if I had that gig.
He can turn any topic round to something to do with Chelsea - just like I could with Brighton.

He doesn't give a toss about anyone about Chelsea. I'm the same with Brighton.
He doesn't pretend any different. They don't let him speak to callers.

Because if he did he'd be as god awful as Jason Cundy - now there is a Chelsea tw4t

Anyway I take Talksport for what it is - ie not too seriously and in very small doses

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Sure he's a grumpy biased old git. He's exactly like I would be if I had that gig.
He can turn any topic round to something to do with Chelsea - just like I could with Brighton.

Because if he did he'd be as god awful as Jason Cundy - now there is a Chelsea tw4t

Anyway I take Talksport for what it is - ie not too seriously and in very small doses
You’ve reminded me to tune in to the TS Cun-tee phone in.

They’ve just called him.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

Andy Jacobs has not been the same since his wife’s illness. Far prefer Paul Hawksbee and Charlie Baker now; some laugh out loud moments on that show in the last few weeks.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He's just their Boycott; someone for the rest to laugh at.

By the way 'Football Weekly' was good on our game this week. https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...nchester-city-arsenal-football-weekly-podcast

Discussion starts at about 30:53. The first bit is about the mess at Chelsea, but stick with it as there's some good stuff on RDZ and a lovely line from their own Andy Jacobs, Barry Glendenning when he says that 'For all Chelsea are trying to be like Brighton, they couldn't be less like them.' :ROFLMAO:
‘I hope De Zerbi counted his coaching staff back on to the bus when leaving Chelsea’ :lolol:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Does anyone enjoy that advert where the very Scottish guy talks about getting given ‘the good biscuits’ when out on a job?

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
I do hope that arrogant excuse for a radio presenter is on form today.
yeah yes please, especially if it’s on the lines of ‘it’s not right Brighton selling someone we deserve, and who should be a Chelsea player anyway, to someone else for more money than we thought they should get’

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here