Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andy Jacobs TalkSport rant about Brighton (and their fans)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I used to like them, but Hawskbee has been carrying him for years. I rarely bother now.

Jim Shite and Simon Jordan is far more entertaining.
I’m torn. I really don’t like White, but do like the program and usually catch a couple of hours in the morning when in the gym - would be nothing though without Jordan. Palace background aside, he speaks his mind, is commercially very savvy, knows the ins and outs of the game and isn’t afraid to call anyone out on their BS. Very glad they ditched the Dinosaur too, waste of oxygen.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Mike Parry and the other lad used to do exactly the same schtick. Sports shock jocks are nothing new

Sourness. Exactly the same. Miserable grumpy old man spouting crap to generate a debate and get callers in which helps generate revenue through the advertising.

If they just all agreed, didn't say anything controversial then it just wouldn't get the same listeners.

I don't listen, not my cuppa

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I’m torn. I really don’t like White, but do like the program and usually catch a couple of hours in the morning when in the gym - would be nothing though without Jordan. Palace background aside, he speaks his mind, is commercially very savvy, knows the ins and outs of the game and isn’t afraid to call anyone out on their BS. Very glad they ditched the Dinosaur too, waste of oxygen.
By 'dinosaur' are you referring to Souness ?

I'd love to know the inside track on that. There one week, gone the next after a couple of months having to think on his feet with SJ snapping at his heels. Reading between the lines I think Souness thought "I don't need this", as his views were getting regularly shredded live on air. His outspoken dissing of Man U's signing of Casimero (a "steady eddie, nothing special") has been proved, in hindsight, to be pundit buffoonery.

I enjoyed the sparring, but looks like GS had had enough.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Souness threw the towel in on that show after what 3 months? Couldn’t stand SJ having a better argument than him

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I'd love to know the inside track on that. There one week, gone the next after a couple of months having to think on his feet with SJ snapping at his heels. Reading between the lines I think Souness thought "I don't need this", as his views were getting regularly shredded live on air. His outspoken dissing of Man U's signing of Casimero (a "steady eddie, nothing special") has been proved, in hindsight, to be pundit buffoonery.

Yep. He was constantly made to look an arse, particularly by Jordan who went hugely up in my estimation :laugh:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Yep. He was constantly made to look an arse, particularly by Jordan who went hugely up in my estimation :laugh:
Heard that’s the reason he left the Monday show according to my sauce in the News Building. Also apparently he wasn’t happy with Jim White in the majority backing Jordan, despite their intrinsic likes to the old country!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Heard that’s the reason he left the Monday show according to my sauce in the News Building. Also apparently he wasn’t happy with Jim White in the majority backing Jordan, despite their intrinsic likes to the old country!
Jim Shite has a nose browner than a chocolate fondue, and he absolutely bloody LOVES Jordan, so Souness shouldn't have been surprised.

"Mmm Simon, the messages are flooding in, and I have to say they're all loving what you have to say. As do I. Would you mind just loosening that belt a wee bit so I can properly get my tongue down there....ooooh thats it Simon, thats it fella.... LLLLLLmmmmmnnn"

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Jacob's describing Brighton as "the just passing by club" did make me smile a bit. An element of truth in that in recent years :(

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Today was tailor made for Jordan with the Abu Dhabi charges, in his element with the business side.

I’ve got the acquired ability to completely screen out White as if he’s not there, genuinely, like their zzzz ads. :lolol:

Jordan’s binary views on footballers are also funny, today he said he stands by his view that Jadon Sancho is an awful footballer.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I quite enjoy the waaaaaaaaars, especially the feedback tweets #Matterfarce
Sham Matterfarce etc :lolol:
I think the wars battle I heard the other week was Gemma Collins vs Billie Jean King, both covering their version of feminism. Brilliant.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

I'd LOVE to hear what Sourness has to say about our Roberto now, having effectively slated him straight after his arrival. After scoring shed loads of goals and rinsing Liverpool twice, I wonder if he'd be 'man' enough to admit he'd jumped the gun a bit. What am I writing? Of course he wouldn't.

On a related note, I caught a bit of the post-match City/Spuds chat on Sunday and at several points, Sourness, Richards and Carragher were ALL talking at the same time trying to make their point. Sourness, obviously, interrupted people at multiple opportunities, but then got shitty when either of the other two did it to him. Hilarious!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I'd LOVE to hear what Sourness has to say about our Roberto now, having effectively slated him straight after his arrival. After scoring shed loads of goals and rinsing Liverpool twice, I wonder if he'd be 'man' enough to admit he'd jumped the gun a bit. What am I writing? Of course he wouldn't.

On a related note, I caught a bit of the post-match City/Spuds chat on Sunday and at several points, Sourness, Richards and Carragher were ALL talking at the same time trying to make their point. Sourness, obviously, interrupted people at multiple opportunities, but then got shitty when either of the other two did it to him. Hilarious!
That is his Scottish arrogance and bitterness shining threw...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here