Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andy Jacobs TalkSport rant about Brighton (and their fans)

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Blamed the goalie for our second goal 🤦‍♂️
Seen that mentioned a lot, apparently any long shot goes past him. There is absolutely no keeper in the world that saves that strike and their keeper was their best player

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Bloke is a complete tool and who cares what the biased blinded idiot utters

:shrug:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Andy J did his best to get through a review of the game without even thinking about Brighton, let alone mentioning them!

But then, right at the end... "Brighton are great". He's converted!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Andy J did his best to get through a review of the game without even thinking about Brighton, let alone mentioning them!

But then, right at the end... "Brighton are great". He's converted!
It was always an act, surely?

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Most of these shows have two people that just spend the whole time contradicting each other, until someone takes the bait and phones in. “I came here for an argument”, “no you didn’t”, “I most certainly did” etc. Brighton were lucky, Chelsea had an off day, Arsenal will win the league, City have the momentum, West Ham and Everton are doomed, no they aren’t. Oh yes they are, no they really aren’t. But they are, even my gran thinks they are. Hold on, let’s ask Barry from Torquay.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It was always an act, surely?
Partly, but, I think, out of all the Talkshite presenters Andy J is the one who gives the least of a shite. The other month, when he was doing a read of a competition, he read the web address out wrong one day and then did it again a few days later, having already been told he was wrong!

He's a luddite, a grumpy old man and doesn't hold back with his frustrations with the modern world. But he's still passionate about football and I love his anecdotes of his note-making during various matches. Yes, of course he'll ham it up about Chelsea with a negative slant – he does the same with the England cricket team – but I still quite like him. Plus Mrs Jacobs has health problems – hence why he's no longer full-time/always in the studio, so I cut him some slack because of the potential fallout of that...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here