Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andrea Orlandi- Setting the record straight

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
He is Spatalian. There...... That's settled now.

I agree. I heard the original podcast where he said he was Italian. Spent 2 months over and after Xmas telling everyone he was Italian. Then last month he did an interview and said he wasn't sure if he was Italian or Spanish.

So its Spatalian.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I actually didn't know that. When did that happen?

Not sure, I know he left for Albacete to coach, but presumably it didn't last long

Whos Who

That list was published July 2012. U sure ur correct on this?!

well he left in July 2011 - I could be wrong, but I heard someone mention it on a matchday recently too

Ah time flies... Hope ur correct!

[MENTION=7]Mustafa Kemal[/MENTION] is correct (at least, in that Aranalde is back working for the Albion); the Argus reported on September 12 2012 that Aranalde had re-joined as part of Albion's player recruitment network in Europe. He originally left in June 2011 to become assistant head coach (to former team-mate Antonio Gomez) at Albacete. They finished 4th in Spain's third tier, before losing in the play-offs (hope that isn't an omen).

Apparently he played a part in the deadline day signing of Spanish Dave, and so :bowdown::clap2:

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
I agree. I heard the original podcast where he said he was Italian. Spent 2 months over and after Xmas telling everyone he was Italian. Then last month he did an interview and said he wasn't sure if he was Italian or Spanish.

So its Spatalian.

Espatalian Andy?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Been mentioned more times than just that podcast. Plenty of people were born to American servicemen in Germany and consider themselves both nationalities for an example. He can be both, or one or other in order to make different stories 'work' in the media.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Been mentioned more times than just that podcast. Plenty of people were born to American servicemen in Germany and consider themselves both nationalities for an example. He can be both, or one or other in order to make different stories 'work' in the media.

It's not necessarily as simple as that - our eldest daughter was born in France, where we were living at the time. She is, however, British - As neither Mrs Jim in the West or I are French, in order for our daughter to have had French nationality we would have had to have lived in France for 6 years prior to her birth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here