Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andrea Orlandi- Setting the record straight

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I don't get this choosing your nationality sh*te, born in Spain, grew up in Spain, is Spanish. I'd quite like to be French, but as much as I could tell everyone I was French, I'm not.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Well expanding on that, other players in that Chelsea side included: Ryan Bertrand, Scott Sinclair and Jack Cork - and the manager was Brendan Rodgers.

Additionally, the only other game Bridcutt has played against us was for Stockport when they beat us 4-2 which was his debut - and he got a red card.

Have you seen how flair our side was, we even gave them a chance by playing a cricketer upfront.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't get this choosing your nationality sh*te, born in Spain, grew up in Spain, is Spanish. I'd quite like to be French, but as much as I could tell everyone I was French, I'm not.

Born in Spain, to TWO ITALIAN PARENTS....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes - I was born in England to Irish father and a Welsh mtoher. Hopefully avoiding abuse, and while recognising that makes me a mongrel, what nationality does it make me?

Half Irish and half Welsh. Simple, isn't it?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'd say being born in a country and growing up there makes you pretty linked to that country

In fact i'd say it means you're 'from' there

That's fair yes. Being FROM there, and considering yourself that nationality are not one and the same thing though.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
That's fair yes. Being FROM there, and considering yourself that nationality are not one and the same thing though.

Maybe, maybe not. Some people like to choose their identity, culture and nationality should they get the chance.

Mo Farah, for instance, considers himself British, irrespective of his parentage. I'm just curious as to what nationality Diego Poyet considers himself.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
I think when you are born somewhere with foreign parents, you have a choice how to define your ethnicity.

So Orlandi is either Italian or Spanish depending on what he considers himself to be... He will speak with a Spanish accent and be culturally Spanish - but perhaps he still feels Italian.

He played for Spain u17's I gather but see's himself as Italian so he is a Italian, grew up in Spain and has dual passports

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
shall we all sing a rousing chorus of teh italian national anthem at the last game next week then..it is the best anthem ever FACT

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here