Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andrea Orlandi- Setting the record straight

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well I didn't know Orlandi originated from Italy.

But then I only recently discovered that the tagline to the popular Whoopi Goldberg 1990's box office SMASH sensation Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit, was actually an ingenious reference to the fact that nuns wear habits. I thought she was just pretending to be a nun again, and made no link with the sartorial element of the "gag".

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London

But then I only recently discovered that the tagline to the popular Whoopi Goldberg 1990's box office SMASH sensation Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit, was actually an ingenious reference to the fact that nuns wear habits. I thought she was just pretending to be a nun again, and made no link with the sartorial element of the "gag".

:bowdown:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Perhaps make this a thread of things that most people already know, but a few people won't:

Leo Ulloa's first name is actually JOSE
Liam Bridcutt played against us in that famous youth game where we beat Chelsea at Withdean
Zigor Aranalde has returned to the club as Chief Scout

Now THAT is a good post. I knew the first, but not the rest.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Well the Italian bit was news to me. Cheers.

Was me too until I kept seeing media reports stating he is Spanish. Especially Revista yesterday on Sky when GP was on the panel.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm sure we all know, but his full name is Andrea Orlandi Stabilin

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The Bridcutt bit was news to me

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Perhaps make this a thread of things that most people already know, but a few people won't:

Leo Ulloa's first name is actually JOSE
Liam Bridcutt played against us in that famous youth game where we beat Chelsea at Withdean
Zigor Aranalde has returned to the club as Chief Scout

Do you know if there's been a "where are they now" post on ex Brighton players and staff?

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Thanks, was getting a bit stressed there.
You know I was being sarcastic right ???

I do now as I couldn't imagine that much rage over this post I didn't even mention Barnes in it either so gathered!!

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

To be fair, it did take me about 10 years to understand the joke "Why did the chicken cross the road? To get to the other side." :shrug: :lolol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I do now as I couldn't imagine that much rage over this post I didn't even mention Barnes in it either so gathered!!
You're sarky meter must be completely knackered. I'm sure there are plenty here who didn't know of Orlandi's ancestry, not everyone watches all the videos etc.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
You're sarky meter must be completely knackered. I'm sure there are plenty here who didn't know of Orlandi's ancestry, not everyone watches all the videos etc.

I think I have had a sense of humour failure after reading some of the replies. The problem is everyone will know that fact but some didn't. Probably wont mention Orlandi again until he is draped in an Italian flag at Wembley after we win the play off final

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here