Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
With respect, would you expect Potter to say something like the following:

"Oh, that ****. Look, unfortunately he's contracted to us and we have to continue to pay the tosser. When he turns up in Lancing it's our job to get him fit and ready to play, then we can have another go at shipping him out. None of that loan nonsense this time though, we're going to flog him to anyone who'll take him, and I'll drive him myself."

Can't imagine Potter ever saying something non PC....... Might spice it up a bit if he did though!

I found his words encouraging.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not sure I can forget and forgive him for being such a complete shithead in that Saints game

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
If he has a future here it might suggest that Bernardo doesn’t. Definitely some trouble between them

Not sure this is true.
A lot made about the kick up the arse, pre-game against Stains.
Looked like a joke gone wrong to me. Think they were pretty good mates prior to that.

He retweeted this picture from pre-season training.
[TWEET]1161593309673996290[/TWEET]

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not sure this is true.
A lot made about the kick up the arse, pre-game against Stains.
Looked like a joke gone wrong to me. Think they were pretty good mates prior to that.

He retweeted this picture from pre-season training.
[TWEET]1161593309673996290[/TWEET]

Three out of favour players having a laugh, maybe they should take playing for Albion a bit more seriously :wink:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
If he has a future here it might suggest that Bernardo doesn’t. Definitely some trouble between them

Not necessarily. They can still do a job on the pitch, even if they don't get on off the pitch.

Even Andy Cole & Teddy Sheringham never spoke to each other but they were a great pairing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

"Oh, that ****. Look, unfortunately he's contracted to us and we have to continue to pay the tosser. When he turns up in Lancing it's our job to get him fit and ready to play, then we can have another go at shipping him out. None of that loan nonsense this time though, we're going to flog him to anyone who'll take him, and I'll drive him myself."

When did Spence become Albion manager? :ohmy:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Muzza was pushed out, Andone forced himself out. No comparison for me

He isn't the first, he won't be the last footballer to be a bit of a dick.

What the question is really is whether he wants to stop being a dick or not.

If Potter believes the answer is yes, he does want to stop, then given our striker numbers, I'm more than happy with a second chance being handed to him and a fresh chance to prove himself.

He may still be a dick though, so only time will tell. A goal or 2 for us would certainly help me forgive and forget. :D

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Not necessarily. They can still do a job on the pitch, even if they don't get on off the pitch.

Even Andy Cole & Teddy Sheringham never spoke to each other but they were a great pairing.

And look at Mo Salah - He looks like he hates all his team mates as he never passes to any of them if he gets the ball within 50 yards of the opposition Goal

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
They can still do a job on the pitch, even if they don't get on off the pitch.

sheffield-wednesday-v-leeds-united-efl-sky-bet-championship-football-hillsborough-stadium-sheffield-uk-shutterstock-editorial-10455232i.jpg

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
He has been out on loan for reasons to get game time but, for the future, the main focus is to help him get fit and to work with him to get him back on the pitch as soon as we can

Get game time??? He was pretty much guaranteed a start every game last season imho.

Found out that the grass is not always greener on the other side (9 appearances, 2 goals) so wants back in??

With an attitude change, I think he'd be a great addition to the squad for the second half of the season

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Yes.
Managers (and players) in the main aren’t stupid, there is literally no point slagging off colleagues or burning bridges.

Though of course Andone does fall into the stupid category given his comments whilst on loan....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He isn't the first, he won't be the last footballer to be a bit of a dick.

What the question is really is whether he wants to stop being a dick or not.

If Potter believes the answer is yes, he does want to stop, then given our striker numbers, I'm more than happy with a second chance being handed to him and a fresh chance to prove himself.

He may still be a dick though, so only time will tell. A goal or 2 for us would certainly help me forgive and forget. :D

Are we getting that desperate though? [emoji2]

Long way back for me.....

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Player will be absolutely GAGGING to do a job. Might just work in our favour for a few games til the red mist inevitably re-descends

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Just keep watching the palace and Huddersfield (?) goals, not to mention the celebrations after and you'll probably find it's not such a long journey after all.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Is it desperate if he went out on loan, all be it came back injured, but states to the manager that he wants another go and has 'changed' and wants to give 100% and the manager accepts that? Not for me if these kind of scenarios have happened. What we don't know of course is whether any conversations and reconciliations have happened. Assumptions basically made on the fact we haven't signed a striker [yet]. :shrug:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Just keep watching the palace and Huddersfield (?) goals, not to mention the celebrations after and you'll probably find it's not such a long journey after all.

Forward celebrating after scoring shocker?

And his comments whilst away from the club?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Is it desperate if he went out on loan, all be it came back injured, but states to the manager that he wants another go and has 'changed' and wants to give 100% and the manager accepts that? Not for me if these kind of scenarios have happened. What we don't know of course is whether any conversations and reconciliations have happened. Assumptions basically made on the fact we haven't signed a striker [yet]. :shrug:

Sure, hoping we sign someone rather than resort to Andone, who is a loose cannon.

(Incidentally, I was pleased when we signed him, but then I was when we signed CMS as well [emoji2]).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here