Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
So after he's recovered from the injury what happens to Mr Andone? Do we keep a space in the 25 for him? Would he want to play for us again?

I have no idea of the facts of the matter, only whats been said on here...... but how much is true and how much guesses or Leeds type facts?

His attitude on social media when leaving to Turkey was at best immature, but their are reports (true?) that his Mrs couldn't settle here??

Regardless of whatever went before, if Florin gets down to football, accepts he's one of many in a 25 man squad, fights for his place and shows just a tad more self control on the pitch, I would love him to stay.

Purely as a footballer he is easily good enough and I actually like the devil within him, he just needs to learn (as Rooney once did) to channel it. Take that out of his game and he wont be so competitive. A fired up Andone is a class player, paired with Maupay (Watford away), there will be goals and excitement.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I have no idea of the facts of the matter, only whats been said on here...... but how much is true and how much guesses or Leeds type facts?

His attitude on social media when leaving to Turkey was at best immature, but their are reports (true?) that his Mrs couldn't settle here??

Regardless of whatever went before, if Florin gets down to football, accepts he's one of many in a 25 man squad, fights for his place and shows just a tad more self control on the pitch, I would love him to stay.

Purely as a footballer he is easily good enough and I actually like the devil within him, he just needs to learn (as Rooney once did) to channel it. Take that out of his game and he wont be so competitive. A fired up Andone is a class player, paired with Maupay (Watford away), there will be goals and excitement.

I remember Southampton at home before his moment of madness ..him and NM looked the business

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

He is, and we need a class striker. If at all possible to rehabilitate we should.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
How did he pass the no dick heads test ? Real shame because he has the ability just not the attitude.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I also think, time heals all.

Ashley Barnes pushed a ref over and got banned for 7 games when he was our only fit striker. Most people would quite rightly have him back.

People make poor decisions all the time. GP has got to work out if Florin is prepared to learn from his mistakes

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I also think, time heals all.

Ashley Barnes pushed a ref over and got banned for 7 games when he was our only fit striker. Most people would quite rightly have him back.

People make poor decisions all the time. GP has got to work out if Florin is prepared to learn from his mistakes

Totally this, and its not easy to find decent forwards at a reasonable price....we have one on our books already.

Accepting Muzza is in his swansong and not really a Potter type player (wheras Andone is), last season we were really gambling big time in that part of the pitch and by luck Maupay didnt have a really bad patch of form or an injury. If he had, for a long while Connolly was bang out of form and confidence, we'd have been f**ked, definitely need more decent attacking options, we wont get away with playing russian roulette with injury's and loss of form indefinitely.

We actually need a fit again Andone imho

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He is, and we need a class striker. If at all possible to rehabilitate we should.

Yes. I admit I was pretty pee'd off with him at the time, but I'm over it now. I think it's very much up to the player himself - of he can show a bit of remorse, not be a nob and put the effort in, I for one would be happy to see him given another go. It's worth a try - we won't get much for him if we try and offload him now, or even when his injury clears up.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I remember Southampton at home before his moment of madness ..him and NM looked the business

Correct - he was playing really well. He is good enough I’m sure. Trust in the staff and GP - but I think he’s great as a player. We were all over Southampton before that moment of stupidity.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is he back training with us then?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Where is Andone receiving the treatment for his injury?
His recovery must be being monitored somewhere.

Has he been at Lancing recently?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
That’s what I thought, so why are people suggesting he is worth a place in the squad?

i think what was meant is, should one of the 25 places be left open to Florin who is due back later on in this sesson

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Doubt we'll see him again. Currently (or rather when he gets fit.. next year) he most likely got Maupay, Connolly, Murray, Gyökeres and Trossard ahead of him in a CF role, with another one likely to be added if Gyökeres leaves.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Is he back training with us then?

Still injured isn't he, cruciate ?

i think what was meant is, should one of the 25 places be left open to Florin who is due back later on in this sesson

He ruptured his MCL and ACL in his right knee on June 14. It was reported that he had had successful surgery on July 9.

I'm certainly not a doctor, but I wouldn't have thought there is ANY prospect of him returning to competitive action in 2020, is there?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
He ruptured his MCL and ACL in his right knee on June 14. It was reported that he had had successful surgery on July 9.

I'm certainly not a doctor, but I wouldn't have thought there is ANY prospect of him returning to competitive action in 2020, is there?

But there is in 2021. We won't have to make difficult decisions on the 25 man squad, because there won't be 25 of them

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

I have read the new year too. So second half of season at some point if all goes to plan at a guess?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No thanks, the players don’t much like him either do they? Bernardo certainly doesn’t.

I suggest Potter thinks he’s a liability too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here