Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"And tonight's Most Embittered Away Fan's Review of the Amex award goes to…"

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As the group I was with left the ground, chatting amongst ourselves, the southern accents must have identified us as Albion fans, and I remember one bloke coming up to us and saying "We ****ing hate queers in Blackburn, we do. Do you know what we do to queers in Blackburn?".

We walked on, saying nothing and preferring not to get involved, whereby the same bloke and his mate came up to one of our number, called him a "****ing Paki", and threatened to stab him.
Homophobia, racism, and the threat of murder. I trust you informed a police officer?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
"And the Amex is the worst football stadium to get away from in the country. I was fortunate to have a parking space at the stadium today but in the past its been trains and they're terrible. "

Have to say that he's not wrong about the transport.

We stayed behind for a drink, watched the highlights, and still waited another half an hour in a bus queue. Not helped by the steward not loading the bus to capacity. Watching P&R busses leave not full is very frustrating.

Longstanding STHs will put up with it, newer fans, or those visiting for the first time won't if comments heard in the queue are anything to go by.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I went to Ewood Park last season, where we scored a spawny and, let's be honest, undeserved 96th minute penalty equaliser, to snatch a draw.

Miserable doesn't even begin to describe the reaction of the locals to that one. As the group I was with left the ground, chatting amongst ourselves, the southern accents must have identified us as Albion fans, and I remember one bloke coming up to us and saying "We ****ing hate queers in Blackburn, we do. Do you know what we do to queers in Blackburn?".

We walked on, saying nothing and preferring not to get involved, whereby the same bloke and his mate came up to one of our number, called him a "****ing Paki", and threatened to stab him.

Left me with a lovely impression of the place, as if the drive around the town before the match hadn't already done so.

Were you not tempted to flash the ID card??

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Amazing how people can't even read the first thing he says, "Unlike others on here..." and the slag off Blackburn.

As if you wouldn't find a miserable git on here!

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012

Are you not a policewoman and is it not your duty to uphold the law? or is that just when you can be arsed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here