Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"And tonight's Most Embittered Away Fan's Review of the Amex award goes to…"

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
the Amex is the worst football stadium to get away from in the country. I was fortunate to have a parking space at the stadium today but in the past its been trains and they're terrible.
This is utter tripe too but I suppose the they're not used to seeing crowds.

By the way I walked home to fiveways in 50 minutes yesterday. Imagine the savings the NHS could make if more did the same?

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Blackburn is a miserable dump. I've related on here before that I stayed overnight there before the game last season and ended up in a pub called , I think, the Hounds or some other dog related name.

I was approached by two young ladies who were desperate to enter a relationship with me with a view to "gerrin out o' this feckin dump" and was getting the skunk eye off all the local lads with their shaved heads and neck tatts.

I ended up doing the honourable thing and putting one young lady out of her misery for the evening before doing a midnight flit to another hotel to avoid a complicated,and no doubt tearful, farewell in the morning.

I vowed there and then to avoid a repeat performance. Ewood can do without my patronage.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
The Blackburn fans were a very quiet sullen bunch weren't they? The Albion singing was only sporadically loud, but Blackburn's 900 did nothing to stoke the atmosphere. They had plenty of chances so it wasn't like they had nothing to get excited about..!

...this one, from BRFCS.com

"Unlike others on here I thought the stadium was like so many other new ones, a characterless steel and breeze block edifice. The concourse floors were like banana skins too, a few folk almost went ass over tit. Also, what a pain in the ass getting there and back. No wonder the Brighton fans look miserable, even though they had won 3 0, having to go through that every game. They really are a bunch of miserable gits."

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
I went to Ewood Park last season, where we scored a spawny and, let's be honest, undeserved 96th minute penalty equaliser, to snatch a draw.

Miserable doesn't even begin to describe the reaction of the locals to that one. As the group I was with left the ground, chatting amongst ourselves, the southern accents must have identified us as Albion fans, and I remember one bloke coming up to us and saying "We ****ing hate queers in Blackburn, we do. Do you know what we do to queers in Blackburn?".

We walked on, saying nothing and preferring not to get involved, whereby the same bloke and his mate came up to one of our number, called him a "****ing Paki", and threatened to stab him.

Left me with a lovely impression of the place, as if the drive around the town before the match hadn't already done so.

Oh, you've met the Marketing Team...

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
...this one, from BRFCS.com

"Unlike others on here I thought the stadium was like so many other new ones, a characterless steel and breeze block edifice. The concourse floors were like banana skins too, a few folk almost went ass over tit. Also, what a pain in the ass getting there and back. No wonder the Brighton fans look miserable, even though they had won 3 0, having to go through that every game. They really are a bunch of miserable gits."

Wow someone doesnt like our ground.

The shock, the outrage, the disrespect.

I hope your ok mate. You could see your doctor if some away fan not liking our ground is causing too much depression or anxiety.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
To be fair, virtually all the other Blackburn fans on that thread who've commented on the stadium are quite complimentary, especially the one who lives in Hastings. Some of them are also pretty decent about our team, young players, and injury problems.

Anyway: that bloke whinging about getting to the Amex has clearly never been to Yeovil. Ground in the middle of an industrial estate miles from the town centre, the nearest mainline station in a village somewhere outside Yeovil itself, served by one train an hour to London. Hopefully I'll never have to go there again.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Only problem with Blackburn away this year is that is on FA Cup 5th round day, and chances are one if us will still be in the cup, meaning it will move to midweek. Shame as I wanted to go to that one this season.

It will join its delightful neighbour Burnley as a tuesday nightfixture - Not ideal for anyone wanting t travel from the south

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
The worst thing about the Amex is I now think every away ground is crap and I don't overly enjoy enduring the trip because why play away when you've got what we have at home

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
The Blackburn fans were a very quiet sullen bunch weren't they? The Albion singing was only sporadically loud, but Blackburn's 900 did nothing to stoke the atmosphere. They had plenty of chances so it wasn't like they had nothing to get excited about..!

I think they are the only away fans in 2 1/2 years whom I have not heard sing ONCE in the game.

PG

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I went to Ewood Park last season, where we scored a spawny and, let's be honest, undeserved 96th minute penalty equaliser, to snatch a draw.

Miserable doesn't even begin to describe the reaction of the locals to that one. As the group I was with left the ground, chatting amongst ourselves, the southern accents must have identified us as Albion fans, and I remember one bloke coming up to us and saying "We ****ing hate queers in Blackburn, we do. Do you know what we do to queers in Blackburn?".

We walked on, saying nothing and preferring not to get involved, whereby the same bloke and his mate came up to one of our number, called him a "****ing Paki", and threatened to stab him.

Left me with a lovely impression of the place, as if the drive around the town before the match hadn't already done so.

I remember going to Ewood to watch Villa with a mate a few years ago. Villa at the time had Dalian Atkinson, Mark Walters, Ian Taylor, Paul McGrath and Savo Milosevic (or something similar) and were knocking it about a bit.

An Ewood 'wit' shouted out "n*gger to n*gger to n*gger to n*gger to commie!" and everyone around him collapsed in laughter.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Lived in Preston for a while and even Prestonians looked down their noses.

Streets of terraced houses with all the roof space knocked together into one big sweat shop knocking out "hand made curtains" and dodgy gear by the lorry load (c 1984)

Feb 14, 2010
If the complaint is that the New Goldstone, Amex or whatever you choose to call it, is at Falmer instead of City centre then I agree, it would be much better if it was in the centre. But the club were beggars when it came to sites, and so we couldn't be choosers. Then next to the universities, a motorway and a train station was probably the best we could do although yes, I'd have preferred a dockside location in Shoreham or if at all possible, Brighton Station, but neither were possible. As for Blackburn, well they are the reverse of us. They have done fantastically well given the size of their fan base, whereas we have done ridiculously badly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here