Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"And tonight's Most Embittered Away Fan's Review of the Amex award goes to…"

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
"Brighton has become a right Bo Ho community and I thought their fans were a miserable bunch of snobby types. Not a pleasant trip there, and I would have said that had we won 10-0! Give me Barnsley any day."

I suspect this chap would score quite highly on the "How Northern are you?" test...

WTF is Bo Ho????

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
An essential quality of being northern is to have a chip on your shoulder when talking to anyone from the south.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
It would appear injury lawyers .com .net etc are going to be busy on Monday :)

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I went to Ewood Park last season, where we scored a spawny and, let's be honest, undeserved 96th minute penalty equaliser, to snatch a draw.

Miserable doesn't even begin to describe the reaction of the locals to that one. As the group I was with left the ground, chatting amongst ourselves, the southern accents must have identified us as Albion fans, and I remember one bloke coming up to us and saying "We ****ing hate queers in Blackburn, we do. Do you know what we do to queers in Blackburn?".

We walked on, saying nothing and preferring not to get involved, whereby the same bloke and his mate came up to one of our number, called him a "****ing Paki", and threatened to stab him.

Left me with a lovely impression of the place, as if the drive around the town before the match hadn't already done so.
Why didn't you glass the northern ****.. ???

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I was surprised that only 800 "odd" away fans attended, surely the chance of a day away from Blackburn should have attracted more.
Respect for the clapping/support of our soldier though.

D

Deleted User X18H

I shagged a bird from Blackburn once it wasn't particularly good. She grunted a lot and kept slapping my arse . Or was it Wigan?

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
We got talking to a guy on the platform at Falmer station after the game waiting for the Eastbourne train.
Turned out he was the press officer for Blackburn. He thought the Amex was "fabulous", so I'm not taking any notice of what a few of their bitter fans say.

D

Deleted User X18H

We got talking to a guy on the platform at Falmer station after the game waiting for the Eastbourne train.
Turned out he was the press officer for Blackburn. He thought the Amex was "fabulous", so I'm not taking any notice of what a few of their bitter fans say.

Going to Eastbourne on a train? Did you sell him your cow as well ? Fe fi fo ...........etc

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
He was getting off at Lewes to catch the Victoria train. There were no trains from Brighton to Victoria yesterday or hadn't you heard? I thought you went to all these important press meetings.

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
Met some Blackburn fans at Mellor at a protest against Archer back in the day. Really lovely and supportive. Even gave my lad a fiver for pocket money.

D

Deleted User X18H

He was getting off at Lewes to catch the Victoria train. There were no trains from Brighton to Victoria yesterday or hadn't you heard? I thought you went to all these important press meetings.

That's why I would imagine the press officer travels on the team coach. Fair enough . He didn't fancy staying to administer Bowyers interviews then?

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I asked him why he wasn't going back with the rest of the team and he had a meeting to go to in London today. And fancied a Saturday night out in London.

The players were flying back from Gatwick last night. Hope that answers all your questions or was there something else?

D

Deleted User X18H

I asked him why he wasn't going back with the rest of the team and he had a meeting to go to in London today. And fancied a Saturday night out in London.

The players were flying back from Gatwick last night. Hope that answers all your questions or was there something else?

Erm.......what was he wearing ?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
...this one, from BRFCS.com

"Unlike others on here I thought the stadium was like so many other new ones, a characterless steel and breeze block edifice. The concourse floors were like banana skins too, a few folk almost went ass over tit. Also, what a pain in the ass getting there and back. No wonder the Brighton fans look miserable, even though they had won 3 0, having to go through that every game. They really are a bunch of miserable gits."

He must be one of the fans the Beatles sung about, 4000 ****holes in Blackburn Lancashire

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
...this one, from BRFCS.com

"Unlike others on here I thought the stadium was like so many other new ones, a characterless steel and breeze block edifice. The concourse floors were like banana skins too, a few folk almost went ass over tit. Also, what a pain in the ass getting there and back. No wonder the Brighton fans look miserable, even though they had won 3 0, having to go through that every game. They really are a bunch of miserable gits."

Miserable gits?

I haven't been that happy for years

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here