Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

And they said there wasn't a bad view at the Amex - glass view update!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
What a lather people get themselves in on here. The club weren't putting up a garden shed - this is a MASSIVE stadium. There's bound to be the odd snag and the rationale behind inviting everyone in was to highlight those flaws.

So the barriers aren't ideal for, what, 40 people out of 23500? And the Chairman has immediately said he will address the problem?

I just can't understand the sadly typical British mentality of taking delight in finding faults in something that is, in truth, absolutely magnificent. And why's it so hilarious because it's the 1901 club? Jealousy?

The majority of people who joined are like me - a supporter for 30+ years who simply decided to put his spare cash into a club he loves watching. An £8000 commitment over 5 years and I'll probably only be able to get to half the games. But that's fine - it's the Albion. If the football goes tits up & the ticket won't sell when I can't go, I'll take the financial hit as it all goes to a good cause.

If it wasn't for that huge, up front wedge of cash provided by the 1901 club, who's to say prices elsewhere in the ground would have been so reasonable?

Of course, there will be Arsenal and Spurs and Chelsea fans in there, which I'll find a irritating as anyone but that goes with the territory. As long as they get behind the team for 90 minutes, I couldn't care less. And there'll be more than a few converts... As one Brighton-based Chelsea fan said to me yesterday, "this place pisses all over Stamford Bridge". I could never switch allegiance but most of those who did just wanted to watch decent football in a better environment than Withdean - their choice. Now that's on their doorstep, they'll switch again. People don't have to like them but they should love their money, because it's going to make what happens on the pitch better for all of us.

Yes, yes Trueblue, we are all very grateful that you have saved the Club with your 8 grand over 5 years etc etc etc. Thank you. But may I suggest the only person who seems to be getting into a lather about it is you, judging by your rambling and borderline paranoid reply?

Frankly, I would have found this funny had it happened at any new stadium in the country. Just because it has happened at the AMEX does it mean we all have to talk in sombre, hushed tones about it, like Huw Edwards commentating on a Royal funeral?

Look, a football club spends £100m on a state-of-the-art stadium, and 2 weeks before it opens it transpires you can't see the goalposts from the best seats in the ground. Why isn't that funny? That photo should be on Have I Got News For You.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
We're turning into a bunch of nancy boys ffs.

In the past we've broken gates to let supporters in, smashed up the director's box a few times, broken the goal posts and crossbars, plus been bloody imaginative hundreds of times.

Have we not learnt anything from all this?

I have, and a few of these taken in by our good selves will sort it.

SP04812720293584bd1a0ae2cf51.jpg

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Regarding the Palarse fans, instead of changing the LIGHTING in the South Stand, let's install SHOWERS everywhere to DISINFECT the lot of 'em

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Regarding the Palarse fans, instead of changing the LIGHTING in the South Stand, let's install SHOWERS everywhere to DISINFECT the lot of 'em

What, and give them a shower for the first time in their lives FREE of charge?
Bah!

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
We're turning into a bunch of nancy boys ffs.

In the past we've broken gates to let supporters in, smashed up the director's box a few times, broken the goal posts and crossbars, plus been bloody imaginative hundreds of times.

Have we not learnt anything from all this?

I have, and a few of these taken in by our good selves will sort it.

SP04812720293584bd1a0ae2cf51.jpg

Wrench wins over prawn sandwiches & 'networking'. lol.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
And so you should! Have sat in my WSU front row, next to aisle. The barrier blocks a whole goal out, gutted. The only way to avoid it is by leaning forward to edge or standing up!!!!!

hhhhhmmmmm

They def need to saw half those barriers off... The ones by the entrances with the block letter on can easily be halved (cut down)

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Yes, yes Trueblue, we are all very grateful that you have saved the Club with your 8 grand over 5 years etc etc etc. Thank you. But may I suggest the only person who seems to be getting into a lather about it is you, judging by your rambling and borderline paranoid reply?

Wow - if only you could be as funny as you are patronising, you'd be a riot. But sadly not.

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
They def need to saw half those barriers off... The ones by the entrances with the block letter on can easily be halved (cut down)

The whole barrier needs changing, In half still restricts view. Bring back Withdean

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
And so you should! Have sat in my WSU front row, next to aisle. The barrier blocks a whole goal out, gutted. The only way to avoid it is by leaning forward to edge or standing up!!!!!

hhhhhmmmmm

What are you talking about?
Just be happy like trueblue and Spun Cuppa (geddit?).
Everything is rosy.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
What are you talking about?
Just be happy like trueblue and Spun Cuppa (geddit?).
Everything is rosy.

The club have already said they're replacing these barriers, so what's the problem? And they're obviously going to replace them with something that will be satisfactory for the fans involved, otherwise what's the point?

Still, it's given you a good giggle so I don't know why you'd be unhappy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here