Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An Apology

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
1) Gus. You've FINALLY worked it out. TWO WINGERS AT HOME!! Incredible scenes. I think he finally understands
Doesn't sound like much of an apology to me. Despite your consistent stupidity, it seems you still think you know better than our manager. Incredible.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Doesn't sound like much of an apology to me. Despite your consistent stupidity, it seems you still think you know better than our manager. Incredible.

Not at all. In fact, I even questioned before the match if such an important game was the day for such a radical change of tactics, but it certainly worked.

Anyway, I just thought I'd bother posting something positive as everyone seems to think I only appear on here when we lose. Evidently some people would rather I'd come on here slating Buckley for not making it 4 and blaming Gus for not bringing on Vicente. Typical NSC goons.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
People have the right to have a moan.....The whole point is we ARE good enough to go up this season.
But there are more than 3 teams that are good enough, it just can't go right for all of them. A bit of luck is normally involved.

I'm saying I think he was right to play the two wingers, going like for like with Zaha and Bolasie(who was shite). I felt before the game, if we went with two defencive midfielders i.e Bridcutt and either Crofts or Hammond, then it was sending out all the wrong signs, inviting them on and we would lose.
I agree with all of that (because it was against Palace, who can attack and score, but can't defend).
We didn't we matched them up and we won and do you know why??? Because we have better attacking players then defencive ones.
:lol: are you mad? Kuszczak, Upson and Bridge are among our best players. We have a great defensive record, our problem has been not scoring from the chances we've had (a couple of games with barely a chance, but many with lots of chances and little end result).

Hopefully the penny has dropped, it's been obvious for ages....I just fear Poyet will revert to type, especially against the so called lesser teams.
We had about 11 shots yesterday - we've had more than that in a lot of games, and they just haven't gone in. The difference is that Ulloa is scoring the chances, it's not that we're suddenly playing better.

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
I agree actually, although WW talks cr@p, I think we have needed 2 wingers at home for ages. Thionk of all the home draws that might have been wins if Lua Lua and Buckley were on the pitch. Barnes for me is the player that should make way for a 2nd winger.

If Barnes or CMS play for the Albion again the manager needs sacking

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
We scored four in our last home match before Palace without playing two wingers though.

Kaz definitely deserved to start after his performance at Barnsley, but remember we scored after 43 minutes and prior to that Speroni had had nothing to do.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm saying I think he was right to play the two wingers, going like for like with Zaha and Bolasie(who was shite). I felt before the game, if we went with two defencive midfielders i.e Bridcutt and either Crofts or Hammond, then it was sending out all the wrong signs, inviting them on and we would lose. We didn't we matched them up and we won and do you know why??? Because we have better attacking players then defencive ones. Hopefully the penny has dropped, it's been obvious for ages....I just fear Poyet will revert to type, especially against the so called lesser teams....I do hope not, we are so close to something great, you can almost see the Wembley arch.

But if we lost, it would have been the right side to put out, is that what you're saying?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We scored four in our last home match before Palace without playing two wingers though.
Indeed. But we're more likely to see wingers playing now Ulloa is up front.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Indeed. But we're more likely to see wingers playing now Ulloa is up front.

I think that's the crucial point. I think Buckley didn't have a great game overall but with Ulloa up front a half decent Buckley is still potent. I do wonder sometimes how we'd be doing if Noone was still with us. If Bruno can return at his best I think we'll plunder points late season.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Not at all. In fact, I even questioned before the match if such an important game was the day for such a radical change of tactics, but it certainly worked.

Anyway, I just thought I'd bother posting something positive as everyone seems to think I only appear on here when we lose. Evidently some people would rather I'd come on here slating Buckley for not making it 4 and blaming Gus for not bringing on Vicente. Typical NSC goons.

Frankly, I think most of us just wished you hadn't bothered coming back on here at all. Your very sad & tiresome old act is, indeed, ever sad & tiresome. Well done.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If Bruno can return at his best I think we'll plunder points late season.
One of the best things about Bruno was how well he linked up with Buckley, but we didn't have Ulloa to aim at. Bruno just needs to fight for his place.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I wonder if it is at all possible to play Vicente AND 2 wingers. Maybe Vicente is best from the bench at present as a suitable option if our two speedsters out wide aren't getting around their men and we find that the centre of the park is where the opposition's at its weakest.
For me what needs to be echoed most of all from yesterday's wet slapping was the workrate. We want options going forward, but in this division that doesn't mean attack, attack, attack and losing to an undefended goal or two. Kazenga put in a real shift and has to realise what he can do for the team not just with his stepovers and whizzbangs on a regular basis. Then, he's one of us.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I wonder if it is at all possible to play Vicente AND 2 wingers. Maybe Vicente is best from the bench at present as a suitable option if our two speedsters out wide aren't getting around their men and we find that the centre of the park is where the opposition's at its weakest.
For me what needs to be echoed most of all from yesterday's wet slapping was the workrate. We want options going forward, but in this division that doesn't mean attack, attack, attack and losing to an undefended goal or two. Kazenga put in a real shift and has to realise what he can do for the team not just with his stepovers and whizzbangs on a regular basis. Then, he's one of us.

I think I know what you are saying and I think I agree. If I don't know what you are saying then I either agree or disagree. I'm not sure which.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004

I'd rather you didn't come on here at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here