Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An Apology

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
1) Gus. You've FINALLY worked it out. TWO WINGERS AT HOME!! Incredible scenes. I think he finally understands - this IS the best Brighton moment apart from winning League 1, it really is! Superb.

2) Dave. Dave. Oh my god Dave. Just lump the 'What exactly does he do' thread in Gold now and be done with it. What a hit son. What a hit. In front of 2500 Palace. AMAZING!

Oh HAPPY DAYS! Yes, I think we're underachieving, yes I think today's result's cover up a fair few cracks, but my god it's good to be an Albion fan today - I want that on record.

THEY SCORED NONE WE SCORED THREE WHO THE **** IS GLENN MURRAY?

Fair do's and you have held your hand up - you are a nob and admit that fact so well done.
Everyone knows what an idiot you are so hopefully you have also learned.
:clap:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Absolute pleb. I can hardly say I was right after starting a thread "Spanish Dave, what exactly does he do?" can I! Jesus Christ!

you're calling Meade's Ball an 'absolute pleb'? Really? You??

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
1) Gus. You've FINALLY worked it out. TWO WINGERS AT HOME!! Incredible scenes. I think he finally understands - this IS the best Brighton moment apart from winning League 1, it really is! Superb.

2) Dave. Dave. Oh my god Dave. Just lump the 'What exactly does he do' thread in Gold now and be done with it. What a hit son. What a hit. In front of 2500 Palace. AMAZING!

Oh HAPPY DAYS! Yes, I think we're underachieving, yes I think today's result's cover up a fair few cracks, but my god it's good to be an Albion fan today - I want that on record.

THEY SCORED NONE WE SCORED THREE WHO THE **** IS GLENN MURRAY?
To be honest I'd have more respect for you if you'd stuck to your guns. It's still the same players and same manager (who has taken Brighton as far as he can) that went three games without a win recently, including losing to the bottom club. For the doubters and 'Poyet out-ers' yesterday's result changes nothing - does it?

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
To be honest I'd have more respect for you if you'd stuck to your guns. It's still the same players and same manager (who has taken Brighton as far as he can) that went three games without a win recently, including losing to the bottom club. For the doubters and 'Poyet out-ers' yesterday's result changes nothing - does it?

To be fair to the op he does state the changing of tactics which I happen to agree is what has needed to happen for a LONG time. When the team flashed up on the screens in the concourse, literally EVERYONE went Buckley AND Lua Lua?? TWO WINGERS??
It's been a long time coming, especially at home and long may it continue!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Come on, you know the mindset of NSC's finest. We win = Poyet's a genius. We lose = Poyet out.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Bollloxxx.

People like you, Kevtherev, Mutts Nutts, Pork Pie, DBL, Kr_Husty and Goldstone can't slag BHA off continually and just shrug it off.

You will be moaning again in a week or two and you know it!
Exactly. They'll be people saying now "Well I'll hold up my hands and admit I was wrong", and then when we go a few more games without a win it'll be back to "I knew I was right to have my doubts".

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
To be fair to the op he does state the changing of tactics which I happen to agree is what has needed to happen for a LONG time. When the team flashed up on the screens in the concourse, literally EVERYONE went Buckley AND Lua Lua?? TWO WINGERS??
It's been a long time coming, especially at home and long may it continue!
If the OP's only gripe had ever been "I wish Poyet would play two wingers at home" then I'd agree with you.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
This 'play two wingers all the time' nonsense, a knee jerk reaction to yesterday, only shows what little people know about modern day tactics. Benitez started it in England and since then every decent manager has tried to tweak it. It's fine to go back to 20th century two winger tactics if the opposition usually do the same as you're nullifying their threat by making their wingers defend, but I fully expect us to go back to the angled opposing tactic of Vicente down the middle with Orlandi on the wing instead of a natural winger.

Dandyman

In London village.
Correct combination of a solid defence and the right attacking combination gave us a victory. Fair play to WW for putting his hand up.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This 'play two wingers all the time' nonsense, a knee jerk reaction to yesterday, only shows what little people know about modern day tactics. Benitez started it in England and since then every decent manager has tried to tweak it. It's fine to go back to 20th century two winger tactics if the opposition usually do the same as you're nullifying their threat by making their wingers defend, but I fully expect us to go back to the angled opposing tactic of Vicente down the middle with Orlandi on the wing instead of a natural winger.

Benitez started the playing with 2 wingers in England!?

:laugh:
:laugh:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
WW didn't put his hand up. He said "I was right all along, and Gus did the right thing by doing what I said he should."

IF he believes this to be an apology, then it offers a revealing glimpse of his hugely warped sense of reality.

Look out for more BRAINFARTS the moment we don't get 3 points again, and see where he decides to lay the blame.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Vs Forest we will just play Kaz out of the two I reckon. And everyone will go mental at Poyet again when we manage a well-earned, hard fought draw away at Forest.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Nobody knows whether 2 wingers was simply a tactic employed just for Palace, or one Gus intends to use regularly. Things came together and KLL had his best match for ages. That said, Zaha never tracked back and their right-back was shit.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Vs Forest we will just play Kaz out of the two I reckon. And everyone will go mental at Poyet again when we manage a well-earned, hard fought draw away at Forest.

Will be interesting. 2 weeks preparation and rest. I think he may just decide not to change a winning XI. What impressed me was that despite it being an attacking line up, the defensive work rate and responsibility was still there. Palace had their best spell in the first half, and we kept them out, and for the most part (other than Parr's effort) limited them to few actual attempts on goal (I'm not counting Upson's attempt at scoring for them!).

I think that line up can work away from home. Wouldn't be surprised to see it unchanged.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean

I am sure that every one on here must see that a draw away to forest IS a good result however we play.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I am sure that every one on here must see that a draw away to forest IS a good result however we play.

You massively underestimate NSC's ability to be full of miserable tossers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here