Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex to host Rugby World Cup Games? (merged threads)

peejay1958

Aug 22, 2011
Southwick
I doubt that the pitch will get torn to shreds especially as the group stages will be played in September. In any case, ground sharing with London Irish didn't prevent Reading from getting promotion to the Premiership so can't see why it's a problem. Personally I'd be very happy to see a couple of RWC group stage matches played at the Amex.

Bigblonde1

Jul 10, 2008
I think people are overstating the impact it could have on the pitch. Our pitch, I believe, is a Desso Grassmaster surface, which is the same stuff used by a few NFL teams as well as clubs like Swansea, who have a rugby team playing full-time at their stadium, and they still manage to pass the ball. One or maybe two games would be absolutely fine.

Actually its fibrelastic .....not desso

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton

Nope, we're wide awake. Your articles show the shortlist, not the final decision.

As you were.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, we're wide awake. Your articles show the shortlist, not the final decision.

As you were.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We still go to see the exiles at the maj ....hopefully the Amex won't be full of people not knowing wat the f is going on.

I take it we Can take beer to our seats too.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Say if it does get chosen, will we be allowed to take alcohol to our seats?

Of course we will. Beer goes hand in hand with rugby.

The stadium will not get chosen unless spectators can drink at their seats.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
One thing that's interesting is when you watch rugger on the telly, you can hear the ref who is miked up. But when you are at the ground you can't. It actually takes some getting used to.

I do hope that we get to see some south sea islanders, Samoans etc......watching them warm up and flying into tackles in the warm up is just mental.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Do Spain play rugby? If so we should definately hope they play a game at the Amex.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
One thing that's interesting is when you watch rugger on the telly, you can hear the ref who is miked up. But when you are at the ground you can't. It actually takes some getting used to.

I do hope that we get to see some south sea islanders, Samoans etc......watching them warm up and flying into tackles in the warm up is just mental.

My mate was telling me there is a new app from O2 which allows you gives you a live feed from the ref, so potentially (3G Signal permitting) you could use this in the stands.

New Matchday app from O2 brings England rugby fans even closer to Twickenham - The Blue

Just imagine if football had such a thing!

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
rugby ..........a diabolical game played by rozzers posh boys and taffs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here