Amex-The Grand Opening

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
I think it would be a shame if all the pomp and ceremony took place during either or both of the ramp-up events for the simple fact that not all of those who have committed to buying a season ticket will be able to get to these games due to the restricted capacity (not "can't be arsed" availability).

The squad themselves should, rightly, be largely isolated from any brouhaha on August 6th (or thereabouts) but there needs to be some sort of recognition that the day marks the real arrival of the Albion, and all of us for that matter, at our new home. It will be the first entry of any note into the record books of Brighton & Hove Albion playing a fixture at the American Express Community Stadium.

Too right
The parade of Albion Allsorts has to be on the day of the 1st League home game and nothing else
My arse that this would get in the way of 3 points

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think the ramp up game will be well attended, and well enjoyed. The fact that a few people have said they want no part of it is fine (and irrelevant), it will probably be oversubscribed anyway and some will be dissapionted.

There is no way that the game on the 6th will run off with no pomp, I would expect a brass band and microphone weilding dignitaries, so those wanting to miss that had best stay in the bar till bang on 3pm.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Well I will be going to the Sussex Senior Cup Final and the Spurs game. Having waited this long I really don't care who we are playing, I just want to be there.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There's a whole big town and county out there of people who don't have STs and who will be just GAGGING for a look inside the the new stadium. A little bit of marketing and there's no reason why the Spurs game shouldn't sell out shirley.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Well I'll be on holiday when Sussex Cup Final and Spurs matches are played. Was hoping my seat would be virginal when I attend first League match!!!!!!!!
Just hope nobody leaves any stains or nasties on it when they use it!!!!!!!!!

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Well I'll be on holiday when Sussex Cup Final and Spurs matches are played. Was hoping my seat would be virginal when I attend first League match!!!!!!!!
Just hope nobody leaves any stains or nasties on it when they use it!!!!!!!!!

best send me your seat number then....

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
I arrive home from holiday on the 31st not sure if il be able to make the spurs game but 6th august is what i consider the first game and there will no dou t be things going on from 1;30 onwards. Bring it on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports