Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex-The Grand Opening

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
So the parade of Legends will be at the game v Spuds. All the celebritions etc will take place in front of a reduced home support and most likely 2,000 Spud fans. What do you think?

lighthouse

Feb 27, 2008
north hampshire
So the parade of Legends will be at the game v Spuds. All the celebritions etc will take place in front of a reduced home support and most likely 2,000 Spud fans. What do you think?

The friendly game is to be the official opening, so this would be the best time to do it. The first league game will be a massive occasion, but the main focus should be on winning 3 points, nothing else.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Shame if it is for the fiendly, but I'm sure there will be plenty going on on the 6th.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Aug 6th is all about the Championship and the league so all the chronies etc should have had their 15 minutes of fame by then.

Last edited:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

This with nobs on! What is the point of this celebration when it will be in front of a load of Spurs fans and a reduced bunch of Albion fans yawning in the sun at a game that means f*** all!

A lovely piece of attempted spin by the Insider in his reply to my thread. I was not expecting Poyet or the current squad to be involved in anything else than than focus the first actual game.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
The friendly game is to be the official opening, so this would be the best time to do it. The first league game will be a massive occasion, but the main focus should be on winning 3 points, nothing else.

Is the correct answer.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As the Spurs game is part of the ramp up events, what is the crowd limitation likely to be?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I have no interest in any ramp up events or some parade for a Spurs friendly.
I am looking forward to our first league game and I hope it doesn't become some
cabaret performance, lets get that out the way before the main event.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Get the Noddy stuff out of the way early, ie in the friendly, so the team can concentrate on three points in the first proper game.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My recollection is that last month's Falmer Parish Council newsletter said that it would be 17,000.

Ta for that, I wonder if they'll struggle to get that given the number of people who want to wait until the 1st League game to attend?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm not going to the Sussex Senior Cup Final with 10,000 rattling around in it, and I'm not going to some overpriced meaningless friendly either. And as far as I'm concerned, it is cricket season now anyway. They can do what they like, as long as the Amex is packed to the rafters on the 6th August weekend and I'm one of those in attendance, but until then I'm not interested. :thumbsup:

I can't be the only one who feels like this...

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Are season ticket holders being given ticket options for he spurs game or is it first come first serve? can't see any confirmation about this

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Ta for that, I wonder if they'll struggle to get that given the number of people who want to wait until the 1st League game to attend?

There are some people who won't be able to make the first league game, so this is not a bad second best for them. I'm not too fussed about going to the Spurs game, as I'd rather wait til the first league game, so I've already said someone else can have my ticket (if I get one).

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
Well, if anyone isn't going to go and has 2 spare tickets, please let me know! That is, of course, presuming that STHs will get priority!! I will be in the UK and flying out again on 31 July. 'er indoors was promised a posh hotel in Brighton for the first game at Falmer!!!!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I can't be the only one who feels like this...

You're probably not. Not sure I can be excited about the sussex senior cup but I do admit to being excited about the Tottenham friendly. There'll still be more demand than there are tickets for the spurs game I would imagine so it should be a win win for many people. By moving the official opening ceremonies to a friendly it should provide an extra incentive (if it were needed) for people to want to be there.

Arsenal officially opened the emirates at a friendly (bergkamp's testimonial) but that was the first full capacity event following 15 seperate ramp up events ranging from a sponsors dinner, to a schools open day.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Are season ticket holders being given ticket options for he spurs game or is it first come first serve? can't see any confirmation about this

1901 club has purchased the lot and will tout the tickets outside

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here