Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex roof

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I wouldn't believe a word those guides say, as some of them make it up as they go along.
The falcon has been seen in the roof during games. If you kept a falcon, would you bring it in & allow it to fly freely during a match?

Yeah, seen it several times, usually under the WS roof. Only reason it came up during the tour is because I noticed it there then and asked. Don't know a lot about falconry but can't imagine it would be bothered by what's going on on the pitch.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Yeah, seen it several times, usually under the WS roof. Only reason it came up during the tour is because I noticed it there then and asked. Don't know a lot about falconry but can't imagine it would be bothered by what's going on on the pitch.

There's a bollard (near the little bridge that goes to the players car park) with (greengrocer's) astroturf on it - that is where the trained hawk sits on non-match days. I thought it was plastic when I first clocked it - nearly shat myself when it moved.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
View attachment 68604View attachment 68605

I drove past the Amex the other day from the Woodingdean direction and couldn't help noticing that the roof is no longer the original vibrant blue but a rather dull grey. No current pix, I'm afraid (which I realise makes this post worthless) but the two stock photos I found suggest that the panels had already begun to fade pretty alarmingly when the second one was taken, in contrast to the seats. Should TB ask for replacements, or at least a refund?

You have a very tall car! [emoji15]

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
A dreaded sunny day
So I meet you at the cemetry gates
Keats and Yeats are on your side
A dreaded sunny day
So I meet you at the Amex roof gates
Keats and Yeats are on your side
While Wilde is on mine

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Wasn't a bird of prey feeding on a Seagull during a match ? I seem to recall folk having feathers raining down on them.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Needs re cladding .
I thought TB had complained to the manufacturer about the quality because of the change in colour. Guess maybe he lost that one if it's only being cleaned.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Wasn't a bird of prey feeding on a Seagull during a match ? I seem to recall folk having feathers raining down on them.
I don’t think it was a seagull but yeah essentially that happened. A Peregrine falcon that fed on a pigeon in the roof of the West Upper around the halfway line.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Deck chairs on the roof?
FB_IMG_1606339117999.jpg.7106a530755fc3db179b3f8785e1a912.jpg

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Now, I may be in the minority here but I think the way the roof has changed from the blue to green helps the Amex blend into the downs and surrounding area.
Agree. Also think a translucent plastic in a fairly exposed coastal location next to a dual carriageway was always going to change over time with UV exposure, dirt, bird droppings etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here