Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex roof

el punal

God I hope we lose soon.

It's so difficult to find something to moan about.

I remember when the stadium was being built people were moaning about how blue the roof was (from aerial photos) as opposed to "clear see through". The other classic moan was about a fan who complained that there was a possibility of getting wet if it rained. Apparently he was thinking of getting a season ticket in the front six rows and no-one from the club mentioned the rain aspect. All this before the Amex had been completed. You can't win, can you? :shootself

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I remember when the stadium was being built people were moaning about how blue the roof was (from aerial photos) as opposed to "clear see through". The other classic moan was about a fan who complained that there was a possibility of getting wet if it rained. Apparently he was thinking of getting a season ticket in the front six rows and no-one from the club mentioned the rain aspect. All this before the Amex had been completed. You can't win, can you? :shootself
At least the:-

'Paul Barber ate my hamster' threads should be quite entertaining.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I remember when the stadium was being built people were moaning about how blue the roof was (from aerial photos) as opposed to "clear see through".

I do remember that grizzle. I think it was because in some of the original concept artwork, the roof had looked more glassy and transluscent.

_54338947__53955196__49985806_falmer_stadium-1-1.jpg

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
What you need is a majestic bird of prey to scare the filthy seagulls away.
Problem solved :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Perhaps we can employ children to do it... some of them weigh very little. Best not use the fat ones.

A flawless plan. Weather permitting, of course.....

Alternatively, why not use birds of prey? If we make them fast overnight they'd both be hungrier, and less inclined to swap seagill shit with their own. Sorted.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I sit towards the back of the WSU the roof is covered in Bird crap and other filth, So I would imagine filth rain water and what not has made the roof lose its colour slighty just like any car would unless it was regually cleaned.

Was there clutter in the gutter?
If there was then the club knows what it has to do......

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
What you need is a majestic bird of prey to scare the filthy seagulls away.
Problem solved :thumbsup:

Strange that we have a nickname which you call filthy!!!

I like the seagulls swooping through the stadium during a match. However, would be good if we could stop them s******g on the roof.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We've already got our own peregrine falcon nesting in the roof, who seems to get on well with our herring gulls.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Was it designed to look like a giant rugby ball or is that just a coincidence?

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
The enormous glass roof of the humongousTrafford (shopping) Centre in Manchester was utterly crystal clear pristine t'uther day. It's tempting to say it's all the rainfall, but it's more likely some type of self-cleaning glass (possibly).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We've already got our own peregrine falcon nesting in the roof, who seems to get on well with our herring gulls.

Does it nest in the roof ? When I did the stadium tour the guide said one of the groundstaff was a raptor enthusiast and kept it and took it along to work.......

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Does it nest in the roof ? When I did the stadium tour the guide said one of the groundstaff was a raptor enthusiast and kept it and took it along to work.......

I wouldn't believe a word those guides say, as some of them make it up as they go along.
The falcon has been seen in the roof during games. If you kept a falcon, would you bring it in & allow it to fly freely during a match?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here