Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex roof

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is this the new " Will we EVER have a sell out crowd"??

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Should've gone with the original plans, with the grassy banks on the roofs.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
View attachment 68604View attachment 68605

I drove past the Amex the other day from the Woodingdean direction and couldn't help noticing that the roof is no longer the original vibrant blue but a rather dull grey. No current pix, I'm afraid (which I realise makes this post worthless) but the two stock photos I found suggest that the panels had already begun to fade pretty alarmingly when the second one was taken, in contrast to the seats. Should TB ask for replacements, or at least a refund?

Before he asks for a refund on the roof I suggest he sorts out the caterers.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Someone needs to get up there and clean it... Any volunteers?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Is the glass roof strong enough to take the weight of a person or people?

I can't even remember them putting it on and how it was done! Me, prob not. You, I expect so... You it is then!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Is the glass roof strong enough to take the weight of a person or people?

Was it Man City or Wolves fans that sat on the edge of the roof of their stand once to watch a sold-out game? I'm scared of heights at the best of times but the thought of dangling over the edge of the Amex roof makes me shudder just thinking about it.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I can't even remember them putting it on and how it was done! Me, prob not. You, I expect so... You it is then!

Perhaps we can employ children to do it... some of them weigh very little. Best not use the fat ones.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Was it Man City or Wolves fans that sat on the edge of the roof of their stand once to watch a sold-out game? I'm scared of heights at the best of times but the thought of dangling over the edge of the Amex roof makes me shudder just thinking about it.

Wolves at Scarboro IIRC

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here