Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amex expansion.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
As l remarked in an earlier post, all this excitement at increasing the capacity to the absulte max, tryin g to squeeze as many seats as possible into every last space.

Let's wait until we get beyond Covid and back to full capacity first shall we? Who knows how long that's going to take.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
As l remarked in an earlier post, all this excitement at increasing the capacity to the absulte max, tryin g to squeeze as many seats as possible into every last space.

Let's wait until we get beyond Covid and back to full capacity first shall we? Who knows how long that's going to take.

Would me nice to have a few pictures released wouldn't it Mr Barber, please sir, pretty please.:)

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
A few pictures from today. Most seats covered so not sure we can tell what's been added.
3b166e9d06b7c2049745f6d095a174ba.jpg
e71660f7636fe8146459446cd8d1c394.jpg
8112ef7e58348f2c93e77694bd0577e2.jpg
cb6dcb6d00c59db260cbf61070276ff9.jpg

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Cant see anywhere obvious seats have been added in those pictures. Unless its lots of shuffling seats closer together.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Conspiracy theory time:

I think we built it with 31,750 seats straight off the bat and that’s why we have always had the pretendance debate and why we can’t tell any discernible difference in numbers or space and it’s just that the club were hush hush about it?

Does anyone know whether part of the sign off the building inspector counted all the seats?!

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
As expected, no new tier on the North Stand so a further 500 seats to go in at some point.

Well yeah, we would’ve seen it on tv otherwise.

**** knows when they are actually going to build the shelf and the North East corner bit. Probably never.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Is it me or do the gangways look smaller? We need a like for like comparison.

TheBigUnit

Apr 4, 2012
London
As expected, no new tier on the North Stand so a further 500 seats to go in at some point.

:amex: :amex: :amex:

Great news, will be interesting how this near parity capacity with St Mary’s
i.e. 32,000 circa now (minus the 500 or so that any new tier on the North Stand tier may add) ≈ / vs. that of St. Mary’s 32,384 in any potential bids for this summers Euros as per speculation in the press this week

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/14112774/uk-offering-host-euro-2020/

(Sorry for quoting the tabloid press... :dunce: :facepalm:)

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Conspiracy theory time:

I think we built it with 31,750 seats straight off the bat and that’s why we have always had the pretendance debate and why we can’t tell any discernible difference in numbers or space and it’s just that the club were hush hush about it?

Does anyone know whether part of the sign off the building inspector counted all the seats?!

I am coming round to the opinion that, apart from the new ones slated for the North and North East corner, most of these "new" seats have been there all along since we expanded.

Perhaps they underestimated how many new seats could be accommodated when we expanded from 22500 to 30750 in 2012. If this is indeed the case I don't know why it's only now that they have attempted to up the legally permitted attendance limit. But the lack of any evidence of physical alterations anywhere in the stadium seems to leave this the only realistic explanation.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Any chance of the shelf and north east box being installed this summer?

Definitely not if we’re heading towards Championship football one would assume.

However, if there is a sizeable 1901 waiting list, they could well get those areas built as I suspect that they are either 1901 or directors box seating & hospitality.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
My theory remains that one seat has been added to every row in every main block. This is because of the interpretation of the law. Which I believe states that there must be no more than 14 seats between an occupied seat and a gangway/vomitory/exit. This means you can actually have 29 seats in a row, one more than the previously installed 28. So when Mr Barber was asked where have the seats gone in, he answered “everywhere”. I would imagine there must be about 40 full width blocks in the stadium, each with about 28 rows on average, so that’s 1120 seats. And all you need to do is unbolt the seats, squash them together on the rails, and bolt them all back with a new one on the end. And this is why every seat number has changed for any matches from now on.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
My theory remains that one seat has been added to every row in every main block. This is because of the interpretation of the law. Which I believe states that there must be no more than 14 seats between an occupied seat and a gangway/vomitory/exit. This means you can actually have 29 seats in a row, one more than the previously installed 28. So when Mr Barber was asked where have the seats gone in, he answered “everywhere”. I would imagine there must be about 40 full width blocks in the stadium, each with about 28 rows on average, so that’s 1120 seats. And all you need to do is unbolt the seats, squash them together on the rails, and bolt them all back with a new one on the end. And this is why every seat number has changed for any matches from now on.

And a change like this would account for the renumbering and groups being asked to shuffle along.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate

Make that 2. Looks like 30 per row by my reckoning.

I hope everyone has been on a diet over the last year!

Before:
Before.PNG

After:
After.PNG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here