Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex beer & pies - the final total

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Please not Addlestones! Stowford Press would be nice but failing that I'm quite happy sticking to Strongbow

They should have Old Rosie - that would get the stadium rocking (or spinning if you drink more than a couple of pints)

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Good to see some Albion fans have taste and that nasty Harveys was outsold :)

Now might be the time to resurrect some of the threads from last season whereby people were questioning the NEED for real ale and how popular it would be. I mentioned that figures showed that c30% of pub drinkers identified themselves as real ale drinkers and TMLS POO POO'D the notion.

Well now we see the numbers and c31% of alcohol sales (a bit more when bottles of Harveys in the brasserie and 1901s are added from the 'unspecified' section) were real ale.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I am delighted to discover that Tuaca and Port are available at the ground, they will be sought out next season! Apparently 18 Harveys Bristol Cream were served last season, all to the same person I would imagine, fascinating figures.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
So in broad terms if fans of other clubs ask, we consumed A QUARTER OF A MILLION PIES AND HALF A MILLION PINTS last season.:drink::drink:

PG

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Agreed. Weren't we promised Addlestones or similar pre-season?

Hasn't the club asked you yet to bring a couple of "proper cider" barrels up from Shepton Mallet every home game ???

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Apparently 18 Harveys Bristol Cream were served last season, all to the same person I would imagine, fascinating figures.

I always thought HB&B was a Mansion House connoisseur :lol:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Now might be the time to resurrect some of the threads from last season whereby people were questioning the NEED for real ale and how popular it would be. I mentioned that figures showed that c30% of pub drinkers identified themselves as real ale drinkers and TMLS POO POO'D the notion.

Well now we see the numbers and c31% of alcohol sales (a bit more when bottles of Harveys in the brasserie and 1901s are added from the 'unspecified' section) were real ale.

TBF - he did come round to appreciating the eye-watering nature of the libation figures.

A bit like Martin Perry, Richard Hebberd, Derek Chapman etc. did - probably...

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
For those of you who can't be arsed to listen to the excellent Albion Roar, here are the final sales figures to toss around and impress your non-Albion supporting friends and colleagues at to what a bunch of gluttonous, crapulous bastards we (nearly all) are.

These figures DO NOT include the 'complimentary' drinks and food (i.e. part of the package) served for the 1901 Club - nor do they include bottles of beer sold. They do not include corporate functions - i.e. these are matchday only, I'm told.

The main story...

Pies
Steak & Ale - 75,071
Chicken & Ham - 58,504
Chicken & Balti - 14,991
Vegetarian - 7,647
Unspecified - 15,358
Total - 171,571 (avg. 6,128 per match)

The remaining 80,000 or so were served at half-time to the 1901 Club.

Pints
Fosters - 140,518
Harvey's - 134,267
Kronenbourg - 70,327
Heineken - 41,552
Strongbow - 28,342
Amstel - 25,490
'Guest' - 2,906
Dark Star - 2,458
Symonds Cider - 1,402
Birra Moretti - 255
'Unspecified' - 17,364
Total - 464,881 (avg. 16,602 per match)

There were a further 26,614 (avg. 951 per match) bottled beers bought in 1901 Club; Sol being the most popular.

There were 21,262 glasses of wine served in 1901 Club and across the concourses (not including wines that went with meals).

For some random figures regarding spirits, liqueurs, cocktails, slammers and 1970s retro drinks, tune into The Albion Roar.

Oh, and the chocolate bar king at the Amex is... Double Decker (14,030).

I bloody love my club, will Harveys and Dark Star go head to head next year and be at all outlets, Fosters could end up like Conservative government in a three party system, less votes/purchases but still the single leading seller.

Love the veggie pies will love them even more if we ever get a selection.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
What's an 'Unspecified' pie? Is it something to do with pie roulette?

1901 get a pie at half time which is not a Piglets Pie but is a small Scotch pie

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here