Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex beer & pies - the final total

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Is there a breakdown of the flavours to the circa 80,000 pies served to 1901ers or was it pot luck what they got at half time ? Does this bring the average pie consumption per match to just under 9,000 ?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Is there a breakdown of the flavours to the circa 80,000 pies served to 1901ers or was it pot luck what they got at half time ?

The 1901 Ponces Club got a wider variety of pies than us peasants.

Does this bring the average pie consumption per match to just under 9,000 ?

It would appear so.

Incidentally, if anyone went to the Dripping Pan on Friday and liked the Chilli Con Carne pies, be sure to let Elliott Moore know... :)

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
If the Harveys didn't keep running out at random times Sergei and his family and friends wouldn't keep drinking the cooking oil lager. i have to hold my hand up and say a good 80% of those Veggie pies have put a smile on my face and an inch on my waist. If your not a veggie you just wouldn't appreciate how great it is to be served a top meat free pie.

I miss my pies :(

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Half the cider allocation was consumed by Art Vs Science. So far he's drunk the WSU AND the WSL out of cider. The club are so worried they've had to ship him across to the East next season which has its own industrial sized Cider storage hold.

Last edited:

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
When the Harveys ran out I would have been partial to an Amstel, where was that sold as never saw any in the North?

They don't sell that to the ruffians in the concourses.

You can probably get it in the east stand brasserie bar after the match.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Only 2,458 for Hophead. That is disappointing. It is a shame that they have not been able to keep up. I,ve stopped getting to the ground early now because. I don,t care for the Ouse ditchwater.
Er, now I'm Mr Harveys, very much self-proclaimed... But it's hardly surprising that they didn't sell as much Dark Star given that they didn't start selling it in the concourses until 2/3rds of the way through the season and then only sold it from the individual stools and not the kiosks, is it?

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
I think / hope it's cos Fosters is weaker than kronie, so people can drink more for longer.
I did expect Harveys to do better, however, if i want the pie'n'pint deal it's slim odds that the person behind the til will be able to pour a harveys. I've had to talk one through it before, it was depressing,
so after 45 mins of ffsbarnsey i stick with kronie for my own sanity, and I'm ready to shout tffbarnsey when he turns it on in the last 20 and scores :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here