Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex beer & pies - the final total

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
I think / hope it's cos Fosters is weaker than kronie, so people can drink more for longer.
I did expect Harveys to do better, however, if i want the pie'n'pint deal it's slim odds that the person behind the til will be able to pour a harveys. I've had to talk one through it before, it was depressing,
so after 45 mins of ffsbarnsey i stick with kronie for my own sanity, and I'm ready to shout tffbarnsey when he turns it on in the last 20 and scores :)

Exactly, prefer to drink a higher volume of the wishy, washy, watery lager than the premium one which results in more abuse of the ref, and less memory of the match !!

Sep 1, 2010
Half the cider allocation was consumed by Art Vs Science. So far he's drunk the WSU AND the WSL out of cider. The club are so worried they've had to ship him across to the East next season which has its own industrial sized Cider storage hold.

Ha Ha Ha. I have never touched a drop. It was [MENTION=11741]Martinf[/MENTION] that consumed it. Along with 17% of the pies

We need cheese board selections and wine dispensers next season

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I thought I'd have done better with the Strongbow total

If they had a decent cider and I am sure the apple based treat would hold its' own against the ale/lager tally.

I've always thought that a beverage that needs to advertise so heavily is generally one to avoid.

Strongbow is refreshing, I'll give them that, but by the time your taste buds acclimatise after the first sip, one tends to realise you are drinking nasty chemicals (or at least, I do). The only thing I would change about Amex is to get some decent local cider in.

Sussex can surely cater for 20,000 - 50,000 pints over a period of nine months.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Er, now I'm Mr Harveys, very much self-proclaimed... But it's hardly surprising that they didn't sell as much Dark Star given that they didn't start selling it in the concourses until 2/3rds of the way through the season and then only sold it from the individual stools and not the kiosks, is it?

I am in WSU and it was missing from the majority of the games for the last third of the season. I love their beer but they obviously couldn't make enough, over and above their normal productivity. Maybe next season ?

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Ha Ha Ha. I have never touched a drop. It was [MENTION=11741]Martinf[/MENTION] that consumed it. Along with 17% of the pies

Arty you are only welcome in the East if you promise to leave the confectionary stall to me!!

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes

The East Stand catering staff are already in training for next season. Perry has had to bring in special cider advisers, led by west country legends, the Wurzels.

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
In West Stand Lower if they knew how to run a pi** house in a brewery they firstly wouldn't run out of Harveys and secondly would ensure they have enough in the barrel in time for half-time....then we would see more sales than Fosters...

The only fault I can find mind you....

Sep 1, 2010
Arty you are only welcome in the East if he promises you leave the confectionary stall to me!!

Done deal. I only moved to the east in the theory that the beer queues will be smaller due to the 1000's of kids wanting sweets and Jam based products...... Oh and if you even think about screaming a Vuvuzela in my ear hole I will confiscate your running shoes

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Done deal. I only moved to the east in the theory that the beer queues will be smaller due to the 1000's of kids wanting sweets and Jam based products...... Oh and if you even think about screaming a Vuvuzela in my ear hole I will confiscate your running shoes

In order to protect my running shoes I will leave the Vuvuzela at home but I reserve the right to bring my inflatable seagull along!

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
I am in WSU and it was missing from the majority of the games for the last third of the season. I love their beer but they obviously couldn't make enough, over and above their normal productivity. Maybe next season ?

Don't normally disagree with you, on the basis that you could kick my head in.

But I found the mobile real ale 'Bright' chaps to be there at half time in the last third of the season.

In fact , I told the Bull Elephant where to be watered.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Don't normally disagree with you, on the basis that you could kick my head in.

But I found the mobile real ale 'Bright' chaps to be there at half time in the last third of the season.

In fact , I told the Bull Elephant where to be watered.

Well if you told 'The Bull' where it was then no wonder it sold out so quick. I always go in the last entrance of WSU to break up those bloody steps and struggle to find Hophead coming in from that direction. I,m not saying you are wrong just that they do not have so many mobiles and they do seem to sell out quickly when they do have it.

And anyway you,re a dead man now.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If they had a decent cider and I am sure the apple based treat would hold its' own against the ale/lager tally.

I've always thought that a beverage that needs to advertise so heavily is generally one to avoid.

Strongbow is refreshing, I'll give them that, but by the time your taste buds acclimatise after the first sip, one tends to realise you are drinking nasty chemicals (or at least, I do). The only thing I would change about Amex is to get some decent local cider in.

Sussex can surely cater for 20,000 - 50,000 pints over a period of nine months.

Agreed. Weren't we promised Addlestones or similar pre-season?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Was there not talk of The Albion taking a percentage of all sales by the caterers on top of the normal contract price ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here