Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex announcer 2

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I was serious about Des Lynam, he's a Brighton fan, he'd do it surely? And he would sound bloody great.

Someone ask him please. :thumbsup:

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Any updates on who it's going to be? Dan Gasser of Juice seems pretty cool or wouldn't mind Paul Samrah
but let's get a campaign going so it wont be that prick Jack the Wank Lad

Last edited:

Any updates on who it's going to be? Dan Gasser of Juice seems pretty cool or wouldn't mind Paul Samrah
but let's get a campaign going so it wont be that prick Jack the Wank Lad

"Jack the Wank Lad"??

Flair name, would be great to have an announcer introduce himself over the tannoy at every home game - "Welcome to Amex Stadium, I am your host Jack the Wank Lad, and here are ....Gully's GIRLS! (sounds of heavy breathing and fast squishing noises)....."

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The clubs 'Radio Partner' is Juice I think, so no tie In with JTL.

JTL is a nailed on Spurs fan.

He was very popular in Withdean Hospitality, and judging by his comments at the last match, he won't be involved next season, at least he didn't think he would be.

Since we have a Spanish speaking manager (or 'manaher' as they might say), don't you think it would be fitting to have a latin-style
announcer?
For e-ham-ple, when we score um golaso (obviously our goals will be better than just a 'gol'), we hear something like this;

[yt]ZkIGO2UA-u8[/yt]

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
If it is JLT then the club might just have one less season ticket holder next year.

Everything about this club has moved on a level professionally since TB has got involved; the stadium, manager, squad, coaching, PR, etc and now they want to ruin everything by assuming that shit like this actually matters.

I don't go to games wanting some jumped up alter ego to shout from the overdriven PA for an hour before the match.

Someone understated that talks sense, plays decent music and reads the teams out clearly and concisely without reference to nicknames or crowd involvement will do me just fine.

This plays a massive part in the pre-match build up. Get it right and people will relish coming early, get it wrong and it can bea massive turn off.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Aren't we going to get something like Seagulls TV to be broadcast on the concourses in the build up to the match. Suspect Mr Samrah will have a hand in all of that.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
We need someone like that bloke at Anfield.He is a legend.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Essentially, whoever the club recruit, someone will moan about it.

Intelligent, erudite, Albion through and through, with a good music policy and an average-sized ego.

That'll do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here