Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Amazing scenes at MIGHTY Leeds

clockend1983

Apr 1, 2010
You need to have watched it. The winger was pointing for the player to kick it out. He then received the ball and slowed down as if he was going to stop/ kick it out, the Villa players had stopped. He the put the ball through. There is a difference from teams falling down and trying to break up play, that’s what happened to us earlier in the season and we rightly played on. Before that foul a Leeds player was injured and they called for Villa to put the ball out and they obliged. The outcry by everyone is pretty clear as it was blatant un gamesmanship and added to that Bamford clearly getting a fellow pro sent off by making out he was hit in the face.

I did see it and didn’t notice any Leeds player
Pointing for the ball to be put out of play
Maybe I missed that bit but from the pass out to the left
then that player knocking the ball down the line
at no point did a Leeds player look like he was going to knock it out of play
I will have another look at it

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
You need to have watched it. The winger was pointing for the player to kick it out. He then received the ball and slowed down as if he was going to stop/ kick it out, the Villa players had stopped. He the put the ball through. There is a difference from teams falling down and trying to break up play, that’s what happened to us earlier in the season and we rightly played on. Before that foul a Leeds player was injured and they called for Villa to put the ball out and they obliged. The outcry by everyone is pretty clear as it was blatant un gamesmanship and added to that Bamford clearly getting a fellow pro sent off by making out he was hit in the face.

And according to the commentary Villa knocked the ball out while on the attack moments before when Leeds had Forshaw down. It was harsh but Villa made the most out of it, now that's FORSHAW.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
And according to the commentary Villa knocked the ball out while on the attack moments before when Leeds had Forshaw down. It was harsh but Villa made the most out of it, now that's FORSHAW.

Awful pun of the day :wink:

teammelli

Jul 25, 2018
Teams should play to the whistle mostly and should have the option of playing on if the ref doesn't stop the match for something like head injury, so in that sense Leeds should be in their right to keep playing, but the part I don't like is acting like you're going to kick it out and taking advantage of that. You want to play the ball, then play it like men, don't resort to trickery to get the goal. That's the part that bothered me, and why I thought it was a classy move of Bielsa to allow the AV goal. Had they scored it appropriately I don't think a reverse goal would have been appropriate or warranted.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
A few thoughts

Villa deserved to concede as they didn't play to the whistle, the Leeds goalscorer still had a bit to do

That lino properly stitched the ref up in sending off the wrong bloke

I'm guessing the Villa red card ban can't be rescinded? as the official "saw the incident"

The achievement from Bielsa was getting 10 of his team, their blood all up in a big end of season game, to allow the goal to be walked in

This whole sorry incident exposes the farce of this putting the ball out convention. All 92 should come out and say they're going to stop doing it. Let the ref stop it if it's a head injury. If it's just a sprained thigh or something, play it on. The bloke will live.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
This whole sorry incident exposes the farce of this putting the ball out convention. All 92 should come out and say they're going to stop doing it. Let the ref stop it if it's a head injury. If it's just a sprained thigh or something, play it on. The bloke will live.

This [emoji106]

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm guessing the Villa red card ban can't be rescinded? as the official "saw the incident"

It can be reviewed.

It's a weird quirk of the system that if the ref sees something and gives a red card, it can be appealed and rescinded, he can have made a mistake about what he saw and how he interpreted it, but if the ref sees something and doesn't give a red card it can't be (except in the case of yellow cards where there's a case of mistaken identity, or in extreme cases where the FA can argue the ref didn't see it properly if they choose to, essentially an out if the media kick up enough of a stink).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A few thoughts

Villa deserved to concede as they didn't play to the whistle, the Leeds goalscorer still had a bit to do

That lino properly stitched the ref up in sending off the wrong bloke

The achievement from Bielsa was getting 10 of his team, their blood all up in a big end of season game, to allow the goal to be walked in

Of course Villa can appeal it. The video evidence to support their case is overwhelming. Bamford should get a ban for ungentlemanly contact.

Fair play to Leeds though; respect (except for Bamford and Jansson, who behaved like bellends).

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Not sure if it's been covered in the thread but quite a few astute gamblers appear to have made a shed load of dosh betting on Villa to score next when it became clear Leeds were gonna let them score... clever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here