Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Am I the only person to know that Anchorman was gash

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
...and Anchorman 2 will be twice as bad? Never got the Will Ferrel thing. Elf was awful. HE'S JUST NOT FUNNY IS HE? These films are for people who eat at Nando's and still use Lynx.

Completely agree...Absolutely cannott stand him...He is one of those American actors who just leaves you scratching your head asking why he is so overrated.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The funniest outtake I've ever seen is Will Ferrell's Ashley Schaeffer's "In Ma Plums" scene with Kenny Powers and Reg Mackworthy in "Eastbound And Down" - I NEVER tire of watching it. Everyone is pissing themselves he's so funny.

And one of the cleverest comedy performances I've ever seen is Ferrell's "Your Welcome America - A Final Night With George W Bush".

The bloke's a genius, America's answer to Steve Coogan.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
South Park can be funny but that has some wit behind it, Will Ferrel staring into camera and pulling a gormless face just doesn't cut the mustard for me I'm afraid. Steve Carrel was very good in Dan In Real Life when he wasn't trying to be Mr "Look, Funny. Everyone, look, I'm a wacky guy being Funny. Aren't I? See Funny guys. Funny?"

not sure how you can say south park can have some wit, then use the example of will ferrell looking gormless assuming he never has wit

what about when south park just runs out poo/rape jokes, and will ferrell is clever and witty in stranger than fiction and SNL? I'm not trying to say that your opinion is wrong - but you've used a terrible example......

personally find will ferrell funny, find miranda painfully unfunny, and hate nandos and lynx

Last edited:

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
The funniest outtake I've ever seen is Will Ferrell's Ashley Schaeffer's "In Ma Plums" scene with Kenny Powers and Reg Mackworthy in "Eastbound And Down" - I NEVER tire of watching it. Everyone is pissing themselves he's so funny.

And one of the cleverest comedy performances I've ever seen is Ferrell's "Your Welcome America - A Final Night With George W Bush".

The bloke's a genius, America's answer to Steve Coogan.

Note my previous post and video. I watch that scene all the time. "Let the boy watch...he needs to learn, the way I learned from
my father..."

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Tis an Ice Hockey reference.

True story. When I was backpacking around Australia many years ago, I once sat on a bus behind an Australian and a Canadian, listening to them discussing a mutual love of 'hockey'.

The conversation went something like:
Australian: We're the world champions, you know.
Canadian: Really? I thought we were the world champions...

This went on for about half an hour, without either of them realising they were talking about two completely different sports. I could have intervened, but it would have spoiled the fun...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Note my previous post and video. I watch that scene all the time. "Let the boy watch...he needs to learn, the way I learned from
my father..."

Indeed. "I can feel it...deep in ma plums" is a phrase I commonly use when describing any strong feelings I have about something, obviously not at work as I don't run a Mercedes car dealership.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here