Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Am I the only person to know that Anchorman was gash

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I liked Anchor Man, but Blades of Glory is better. I guess if you don't like Ferrell after watching that, you never will.

Not a fan of Nandos, Lynx or Miranda, for the record. But each to their own.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Nibble - an example of Will being very funny with some off the cuff, improv stuff.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I've never seen it.

You'd do well to kee it that way. I've never seen it the whole way through. I think I got about as far as him singing in a restaurant, I couldn't stand any more of the crap and went to make a pot of tea and do a crossword.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

Nibble - an example of Will being very funny with some off the cuff, improv stuff.

Got as far as the funeral service thing about 36 seconds in. ****ing awful.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
By the Beard Of Zeus, the OP is an idiot!!

"Afternoon Delight" in Anchorman is one of my favourite scenes of all-time. And what father wouldn't be happy with a bottle of "Sex Panther" cologne for Christmas?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I liked Anchor Man, but Blades of Glory is better. I guess if you don't like Ferrell after watching that, you never will.

Not a fan of Nandos, Lynx or Miranda, for the record. But each to their own.

BOG is quite funny I'll concede that.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
BOG is quite funny I'll concede that.

What?! Probably the weakest Ferrell film! Very by the numbers, Blades of Glory.

We clearly couldn't have more different tastes in comedy.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Get your chops around this - if you didn't find him funny, these out-takes may change your mind. Very clever man who does it all on the spot:

That is a phenomenal 10 minutes. He's genius at trying to make the other actors laugh by changing his line VERY subtly with each take as well.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Am I the only one who has no idea who or what Nandos is?

For the record, Will Ferrell for me is hit and miss. Thought Anchorman was one his better efforts - reasonbly amusing, some laugh out loud moments.

I guess it comes down to how you judge a movie. For many people (including me) The Blues Brothers is a nailed-on classic, but as technical cinema it's a truly shoddy piece of work. Poor script, poor acting, poor plot, linked together with some outstanding songs. And like millions of others, I love it for all its flaws. But it got panned by critics on its release.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
As funny as Will Ferrell is, I wouldn't call watching his work cultural...

Well it's the age old adage.

Great English comedians flop with the Americans because they don't get their humour and vice versa for a lot of good American comedians.

We're lucky here, we get the best of both worlds because we've exposed to both over the years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here