Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Am I being paranoid? De Zerbi

The Hermit Kingdom

Oct 29, 2023
Swathes of empty seats with over 10 minutes of the match remaining after his previous rallying cry for people to stay until the end, and especially after a fantastic performance like that...? You just hope he’s aware of the transport issues and why people do it, and would rather not be doing it.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Love RDZ and what he's doing for the Albion but I think he needs to drop the player sales narrative from his interviews, it's slightly Poyet-esque and wearing a bit thin.

It must be frustrating but all but a few PL teams are selling clubs when a bigger club come in for a player. He has been heavily backed and has some of the best young talent in Europe at his disposal.
Yeah it's slightly Poyetesque, but also very different.

Poyet "I can't compete without more players"
RDZ " Look how well I'm competing without the right players"

Poyet was looking for an excuse to leave, RDZ is looking for assurances to stay.

RDZ has proved he can deliver on everything he has promised.
Letting his employer know what he needs to carry on exceeding targets, is not a bad thing.

If Bloom comes back and says "sorry, I'm not going to change the club's policies, to allow us to reach our full potential."
Then RDZ has a decision to make.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Poyet was looking for an excuse to leave, RDZ is looking for assurances to stay.

Letting his employer know what he needs to carry on exceeding targets, is not a bad thing.

If Bloom comes back and says "sorry, I'm not going to change the club's policies, to allow us to reach our full potential."
Poyet fell out with the club over Barber’s refusal to buy VVD, amongst other things. He specifically wanted that player, though.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
So, last night, after watching probably (as the man said himself) probably the best 81 mins of the season from Brighton, I was a little taken aback by the lack of emotion on our famously emotional Italian. This morning wake up and watch the post match interview and not one smile passed his face. Even more so, he interrogated the interviewer on what it meant to be Brighton and rather on our identity focussed on the fact that we are three big players short in our squad. he looked like a powder keg about to explode.

Less than a few weeks ago he was running round the pitch in joy after beating Marseille!

I am desperately hoping that this is paranoia but is all well in the mind of the boss?
Yes, everyone thinks you are paranoid.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Media outlets have an agenda to push - and clicks, likes and coverage to harvest. They are going to try and turn every little soundbite into something it's not - that's just the way it is.

I'm not buying it. RDZ says it like it is - in a language he is still learning. That doesn't mean it's a criticism or that he's not happy, he's just passionate, competitive and driven.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
This.

Buonanotte injured - after finally looking like an integral part of the team - And geez …. We’ve literally just got our LB back and our CB gets a stupid yellow meaning he misses our first match of 2024 against WHU who are riding high - I bet this is really what pissed RDZ off - at the ref or Dunk - you decide - But I’m wondering how can you be making a ‘reckless challenge’ if you are in possession of the ball? Looked to me like he slipped following through 🤷🏻‍♂️ Or was he lucky not to get a red?

No way is that a yellow and Dunk’s initial reaction to the ref had me worrying he was going to repeat his sending off. Nice touch from JPVH to put an arm around his shoulder.

He looked distraught as he walked away from the ref and down the tunnel at the end.

Gonna miss a game due to a bad decision by the ref now :angry:

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I think he’s always been like this as well. I remember last season thinking during one game (can’t remember which) that we were winning by a few goals and thinking he’d be jumping about but when the camera went on him after the goal, he looked totally annoyed 🤣 it happened more than once as well.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Swathes of empty seats with over 10 minutes of the match remaining after his previous rallying cry for people to stay until the end, and especially after a fantastic performance like that...? You just hope he’s aware of the transport issues and why people do it, and would rather not be doing it.
I don't thing RDZ has any control v over the Spurs fans.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I think just about everything about him is complicated. Sometimes his emotions get the better of him and sometimes he is unemotional. It is impossible to read him. It’s like sitting on a powderkeg. It just might mean a stray spark may cause a catastrophe.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Problem is, RDZ is getting results - such as last night - DESPITE the injuries/lack of experience in the squad! That's testament to his ability, but also doesn't help with his negotiating.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

But what policies need changing? We have assembled an excellent squad with the current policies, one that RDZ has said he is lucky to have. We will buy PL ready players (eg Pervis) if they fit our criteria and wage structures but we are also patient - if we cannot improve the squad within our means then we won't. We have exceptional team/squad spirit, our transfer policy reflects that.
If you are talking about selling our best players then yes, I agree, but not at the detriment of our team spirit. Likewise, we are not going to buy any big time charlies on silly wages.
Our transfer policy has got us to where we are now. Why would it not allow us to reach our full potential?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No way is that a yellow and Dunk’s initial reaction to the ref had me worrying he was going to repeat his sending off. Nice touch from JPVH to put an arm around his shoulder.

He looked distraught as he walked away from the ref and down the tunnel at the end.

Gonna miss a game due to a bad decision by the ref now :angry:
Bad decision? He was lucky to get a yellow……..

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This.

Buonanotte injured - after finally looking like an integral part of the team - And geez …. We’ve literally just got our LB back and our CB gets a stupid yellow meaning he misses our first match of 2024 against WHU who are riding high - I bet this is really what pissed RDZ off - at the ref or Dunk - you decide - But I’m wondering how can you be making a ‘reckless challenge’ if you are in possession of the ball? Looked to me like he slipped following through 🤷🏻‍♂️ Or was he lucky not to get a red?

Not a foul. But he did slip over.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Like others on this thread, I'm pretty sure RDZ will just be annoyed at how the game ended. Careless from us at the back, both in conceding two goals and Dunk's yellow. We now go into a six pointer with one centre back and no wingers and we won't be playing a team that's more wide open than Astrid Wett's growler.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I think he’s always been like this as well. I remember last season thinking during one game (can’t remember which) that we were winning by a few goals and thinking he’d be jumping about but when the camera went on him after the goal, he looked totally annoyed 🤣 it happened more than once as well.
Yep! There was one Lee Dixon (I think) commented on where Mitoma crossed for someone who then scored, and RDZ seemed annoyed with him. Supposition about a lobbed cross into the box being too high a risk of losing possession if the goal hadn't been scored and that angering him more than the goal pleased him!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here