Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Am I a dinosaur/out of touch/or offensive?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
ffs :lol: :lol:

Self-awareness ain't one of your strong points is it?

You shouldn’t confuse rolled-eyes and a look of pity with offence. They’re two different things.

I know plenty of 'bints' from my youth who would have told you to get ****ed. So I am not sure this is a generation thing more a shit joke/comment thing :lolol::lolol:

So rather than 1 or 2 of you just take the empties out, one of you goes in, requests someone gets them, then when they do you call them a stripper for a cheap laugh at their expense.

You’re probably right, it’s not being offensive, it’s just being a :tosser:

So you ask a member of staff to come and clear up your table, member of staff duly arrives to do your bidding, and all you can do is belittle them with the tired old wayhay here comes the stripper routine. Jeez! What a bunch of BOGANs :moo:

Thanks for your input Gents.

For the record, at 55 I'm clearly a dinosaur and out of touch, I apologised to the young lady, both in person and by email immediately after her line manager contacted me, ultimately I shouldn't have said what I said then again they were trying to postpone a funeral on some ludicrous pretext, and those are the people I will always put first.

for the record i didn't ask the **** to come and clear the table ....we spent about 1500 quid in there and were invited by the landlord to use his pub ...we were going to go to the beckett....anyway a collective GFYS to the lot of you , i dread to think what a boys night out is like with you lot...do you take a ouija board out with you ....would you like to hear about the time saved a dozen of sussex's finest from getting filled in in Camden because somebody touched the waitperson on the thigh... nah.....!! work in a pub , invite 30 plus blokes in for a piss up ....look after them ....simple. They have strippers in pubs where i live by the way you absolute bunch of goons....!!

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Ultimately, and like most things in life, The Simpsons have got it sorted

888.jpg

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
for the record i didn't ask the **** to come and clear the table ....we spent about 1500 quid in there and were invited by the landlord to use his pub ...we were going to go to the beckett....anyway a collective GFYS to the lot of you , i dread to think what a boys night out is like with you lot...do you take a ouija board out with you ....would you like to hear about the time saved a dozen of sussex's finest from getting filled in in Camden because somebody touched the waitperson on the thigh... nah.....!! work in a pub , invite 30 plus blokes in for a piss up ....look after them ....simple. They have strippers in pubs where i live by the way you absolute bunch of goons....!!

Try, for a moment, to look at it from the womans perspective.

She's been sent out to clear a table full of empty beer glasses AKA her job and as she's gone to do that one bloke out of a group of 30 has called her a stripper.

Can you imagine for a second how that might feel? To be in front of a large group of inebriated strangers having the piss, intentionally or not, taken out of her?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

She's been sent out to clear a table full of empty beer glasses AKA her job and as she's gone to do that one bloke out of a group of 30 has called her a stripper.

Can you imagine for a second how that might feel? To be in front of a large group of inebriated strangers having the piss, intentionally or not, taken out of her?

Are you mad, they spent a lot of money, they can do what they want.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

The landlord invited you, not the bar staff. 30 blokes all drinking heavily and you think still think it's okay to have a cheap laugh at her expense because of the money you've spent, and because you thought you should be looked after, you thought it okay to humiliate the bar staff. You're even more of a :wanker: than I first thought.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

it was obvious she wasn't a stripper ....she was dressed like Anne Widecombe ....don't worry , a g&t and a line in the bog , she was happy as.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The landlord invited you, not the bar staff. 30 blokes all drinking heavily and you think still think it's okay to have a cheap laugh at her expense because of the money you've spent, and because you thought you should be looked after, you thought it okay to humiliate the bar staff. You're even more of a :wanker: than I first thought.

:lolol: lolol: my goodness , you need to get up north mate.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

The person in question has the right to do her job without having the piss taken out of her - in a way that she might find offensive - by a (likely quite intimidating to her) bunch of 30 pissed up blokes though...........suspect a lot of us have said/done stuff like this in the past but times have changed......................................not sure what the pubs having strippers have got to do with it - she wasn't one of them...........

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

There are places that would ask you to leave for behaving like that and plenty where it isn't a problem. Have a few beers, get a bit boisterous and let your hair down. It is there call at the end of the day. I wouldn't want to be out with you frankly, but I am also pretty sure you wouldn't want me tagging along either and we should both be fine with that.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The person in question has the right to do her job without having the piss taken out of her - in a way that she might find offensive - by a (likely quite intimidating to her) bunch of 30 pissed up blokes though...........suspect a lot of us have said/done stuff like this in the past but times have changed......................................not sure what the pubs having strippers have got to do with it - she wasn't one of them...........

It's different up norf dazzer! :mad::dunce::hilton:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I know plenty of 'bints' from my youth who would have told you to get ****ed. So I am not sure this is a generation thing more a shit joke/comment thing :lolol::lolol:

yep....her telling me to get ****ed would have been great ....end of , not getting all indignant about it ,i have worked in pubs in UK , Australia & NZ.....believe me chaps , you boys clearly have led a very sheltered existence.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I have many German friends and relatives. Also have a social and business circle that includes gays and many nationality. Much stereotype banter between us without offence. However am often surprised how easily offended people are so would be very careful about what said to strangers. I even have an Irish friend who told me he is offended by Irish jokes.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I have many German friends and relatives. Also have a social and business circle that includes gays and many nationality. Much stereotype banter between us without offence. However am often surprised how easily offended people are so would be very careful about what said to strangers. I even have an Irish friend who told me he is offended by Irish jokes.

Tell him that stereotypes are not invented out of thin air.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
yep....her telling me to get ****ed would have been great ....end of , not getting all indignant about it ,i have worked in pubs in UK , Australia & NZ.....believe me chaps , you boys clearly have led a very sheltered existence.

How does me thinking that your response to someone coming to clean your table is a shitty joke/comment equate to me having lead a sheltered life?

Would more exposure to shitty behaviour make me see it as some kind of witty biting satire?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Can someone translate this? I put it through a translator and it blew up.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Can someone translate this? I put it through a translator and it blew up.

Rough translation - he is having a 5 year old's meltdown after shouting at people for being offended about something he said. Whatever you do, don't run it through your irony detector as that will also blow up. And run for the hills to hide your hypocrisy detector as it could go into meltdown.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

There is a Brightonian, German and Irishman went to the pub joke in the there somewhere. Especially if the Irishman is offended by them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here