Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Am I a dinosaur/out of touch/or offensive?

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Spot on. It really is everyone else. They've all got you completely wrong then. :cringe:

888.jpg

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Suppose she wasn't Jewish, but her family had suffered huge loss because of the Nazis. :shrug:
My family did but I wouldn't take offence at the OP's comment. If she didn't find it obvious that he wasn't really comparing literally like for like the Nazis and Worthing Council, then she probably shouldn't be allowed to answer a phone without supervision from her nurse.

Exactly this! Did at any point the girl think that Harty was suggesting that their actions were indicative of them being the sort of people who would carry out mass murder?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Exactly this! Did at any point the girl think that Harty was suggesting that their actions were indicative of them being the sort of people who would carry out mass murder?

Behave! Using the words 'Only carrying out orders, like the Nazis' should ALWAYS be called out by a council employee. It's just a gorblimey insult unthinkingly dished out by an Arthur Mullard gammon-level muppet basically.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
for the record i didn't ask the **** to come and clear the table ....we spent about 1500 quid in there and were invited by the landlord to use his pub ...we were going to go to the beckett....anyway a collective GFYS to the lot of you , i dread to think what a boys night out is like with you lot...do you take a ouija board out with you ....would you like to hear about the time saved a dozen of sussex's finest from getting filled in in Camden because somebody touched the waitperson on the thigh... nah.....!! work in a pub , invite 30 plus blokes in for a piss up ....look after them ....simple. They have strippers in pubs where i live by the way you absolute bunch of goons....!!

I think the most outrageous thing about your post is suggesting that you have 30 friends

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Interesting chat on Simon Mayo Film Review this afternoon. Father took his slightly under age son in to watch 1917. On the way out the son said how he had managed to get in under age just as Grandpa xxx had managed to get into the army under age all those years ago.

Speak to others as you would wish to be spoken to , or something like that,

As everyone else on the board seems to have an opinion (..."like a**holes, everyone has one..) I will share.

Bit of an error of judgement as to what was said, compounded by it not being "face to face" and perhaps in a better position to judge her mood. Definitely a "sorry" in order.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Suppose she wasn't Jewish, but her family had suffered huge loss because of the Nazis. :shrug:
My family did but I wouldn't take offence at the OP's comment. If she didn't find it obvious that he wasn't really comparing literally like for like the Nazis and Worthing Council, then she probably shouldn't be allowed to answer a phone without supervision from her nurse.

I take your point but I disagree with this entirely. People are different. That's the way it is and always will be. What's funny and obvious to some will be obtuse and offensive to others.

And that's all I've got. I'm not going to argue and will leave it there.

EDIT - I said I'd leave it but here I am. The assertion that she needs 'supervision from her nurse' suggests a lack of compassion.

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
You got a daughter [MENTION=420]sydney[/MENTION]? That '20 something bint' is somebody's daughter too. She's just trying to make her way in the world, same as you are. Fair enough, working in a pub anywhere in the world you're going to encounter far more than your share of overt wankers than you would meet in, say, an office job. But you don't have to BE that wanker [MENTION=420]sydney[/MENTION], it's not compulsory, even in Oz. Hope you enjoyed the fireworks by the way. Welcome to 1970 :thumbsup:

Yes i have 2 , they both have jobs where they deal with the public and are both , at the ages of 18 and 20 more than able to account for themselves.......if a punter were to suggest one of them were strippers then i'd imagine said punter would be told where to go in no uncertain terms (the older one in particular) , to be honest i would have expected/accepted to be told to "get ****ed" by the girl and would have taken the crap my drinking companions could have dished out ....it was a night out months in the organising and everyone was pissed and in good form .......apart from me , as i am , in the context of this thread , a dinosaur. Should i be offended at your fireworks remark seeing as 30 people have died , 300 homes lost and an area the size of Ireland burned to the ground by bush fires....no i shouldn't , because i know you didn't mean it like that.

offence is taken so easily these days ....never mind this has been a decent debate....NSC at it's effervescent best....:smile:

i acknowledged the folly of my comment on the night , apologised and bought the girl a few drinks......explained i was from the colonies and had lost my cultured approach to alcohol consumption and the treatment of women folk.....we left the pub on decent terms and caused havoc in the mahaan till the small hours.....but thats another story.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I take your point but I disagree with this entirely. People are different. That's the way it is and always will be. What's funny and obvious to some will be obtuse and offensive to others.

And that's all I've got. I'm not going to argue and will leave it there.

EDIT - I said I'd leave it but here I am. The assertion that she needs 'supervision from her nurse' suggests a lack of compassion.

You should have left it there.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Constantly have this type of conversation with my dad, clearly it’s a generational thing.

Whilst someone of my generation - 80’s born - might appreciate it being a light hearted quip we can also see why today’s you get generations are programmed to find things like this less acceptable and those of you in older generations need to be mindful of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably because more younger people use social media and like to get on their soapbox and vent for attention.

Obviously not all young people are like this, I know a few people in their earliy 20's that would just laugh at that quip and give some banter back.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There is a 70+ year old president of the united states who can't get over that his inauguration was not as well attended as the previous president's. Middle aged tv presenter getting on his soap box because Greggs added (not even replacing anything) a vegan sausage roll to their offerings.

But it's kids these days that are too soft.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here