Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Alpha Men Assemble - What The Fu..?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
All protests "could"prevent the emergency services doing their jobs effectively. As could large events like football matches. That's a bit different to forcibly removing people from hospitals

Why should protests prevent the emergency services doing their jobs effectively………protestors should not endanger anyone’s lives, whether that is pulling people out of a hospital, blocking emergency services vehicles or preventing emergency services workers getting to their places of work.

Seems odd to have to make that point to be honest.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Once we open the door to protests where people think the ends justify the means then we need to treat all protests the same……

https://metro.co.uk/2021/10/27/para...-britain-idiots-blocking-ambulances-15496963/

Protestors that stop emergency services going about their business and/or that prevent emergency workers getting to work should carry the harshest possible sentences………regardless of the perceived merits or otherwise of the protests. Or maybe I’m wrong?

I think there is a bit of a difference between the knock on effect of demonstrations and forcible entry into hospitals.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
C4 News, as is usually the case, on this early:

https://youtu.be/9w7znks-h5A

This is the kind of thing that I saw on a Reggie Yates documentary on right wing thugs in Russia. They go off to the woods to fight amongst themselves as practice for football holiganism and attacks on the gay community and ethnic groups.

As they clearly use threats, intimidation and thuggery is there not a case for making them a "proscribed organisation" so they are treated as if they are terrorists?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I think there is a bit of a difference between the knock on effect of demonstrations and forcible entry into hospitals.

I would have thought the consequences of patients forcibly removed from a hospital and prospective patients prevented from getting to hospital is broadly the same i.e. denial of medical treatment.

In fact the former is probably marginally better given hospitals have security staff etc. Someone in cardiac arrest waiting for an ambulance held up by protestors has less chance of rescue.

Surprised to have to make that point to be honest.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
This is the kind of thing that I saw on a Reggie Yates documentary on right wing thugs in Russia. They go off to the woods to fight amongst themselves as practice for football holiganism and attacks on the gay community and ethnic groups.

As they clearly use threats, intimidation and thuggery is there not a case for making them a "proscribed organisation" so they are treated as if they are terrorists?

Sounds like Pritti Patel.
Seriously though, they need an eye kept on them, but you can't ban a group for being somewhat deluded and playing tug of war and doing some sparring.

The threats they make are mostly pseudo legal, those that make physical threats can be charged with doing so.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I'm aware of these people and find it very very sad that they chose the route of awkwardness in protection of their "rights".

I just don't get it - actually, I do, I think its that I acknowledge the need for me to live my life within the laws, for the benefit of all my fellow planet dwellers.

Equally as sad is that these people genuinely believe [brainwashed into believing?] that what they say/think is actually true [that they are above the law]

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Sounds like Pritti Patel.
Seriously though, they need an eye kept on them, but you can't ban a group for being somewhat deluded and playing tug of war and doing some sparring.

The threats they make are mostly pseudo legal, those that make physical threats can be charged with doing so.

Pulling people out of hospital beds. Threatening staff and those going for their jabs at vaccination centres. Letting of a flare in Churchill Square resulting in the evacuation of the centre and closure of businesses. Intimidating and threatening NHS staff.

That not enough for you?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I would have thought the consequences of patients forcibly removed from a hospital and prospective patients prevented from getting to hospital is broadly the same i.e. denial of medical treatment.

In fact the former is probably marginally better given hospitals have security staff etc. Someone in cardiac arrest waiting for an ambulance held up by protestors has less chance of rescue.

Surprised to have to make that point to be honest.

I don't think they forcibly removed anyone, they just persuaded people to leave and assisted them in leaving, removing someone against their will would be kidnapping. I don't think Insulate Britain deliberately targeted preventing Ambulances from moving, but if they did then of course they should be charged.
Most Ambulances though are delayed because they cannot hand off their patients to the hospitals currently, partly because un-vaccinated twats are filling the beds, partly because the NHS is not adequately provisioned, and partly because partying politicians, un-vaccinated twats, mask refusers and the blase have kept the transmission rate high and many Ambulance drivers, paramedics and nurses are off sick.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

I err on the side of restricting the terrorist label to carefully circumscribed and considered cases, but you do make a good point given the rush of a certain Home Secretary to designate groups like XR as terrorists. This lot do have ex-military members which endears them to certain sectors, although equally it could be stated that this makes them even more worthy of attention and mitigation.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Pulling people out of hospital beds. Threatening staff and those going for their jabs at vaccination centres. Letting of a flare in Churchill Square resulting in the evacuation of the centre and closure of businesses. Intimidating and threatening NHS staff.

That not enough for you?

Not enough to make them a proscribed organisation, no
I don't believe anyone was taken from a hospital against their will, and if the other stuff would be reason enough to proscribe an organisation, the Holmesdale Fanatics would qualify, well almost, they are not very intimidating, but they try.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
All protests "could"prevent the emergency services doing their jobs effectively. As could large events like football matches. That's a bit different to forcibly removing people from hospitals

It's his usual whataboutism. CF hasn't yet found a far right cause he won't defend

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Why should protests prevent the emergency services doing their jobs effectively………protestors should not endanger anyone’s lives, whether that is pulling people out of a hospital, blocking emergency services vehicles or preventing emergency services workers getting to their places of work.

Seems odd to have to make that point to be honest.

Most of your points are odd. To be honest.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
How can people be so wrong about something while believing they are so right?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I don't think they forcibly removed anyone, they just persuaded people to leave and assisted them in leaving, removing someone against their will would be kidnapping. I don't think Insulate Britain deliberately targeted preventing Ambulances from moving, but if they did then of course they should be charged.
Most Ambulances though are delayed because they cannot hand off their patients to the hospitals currently, partly because un-vaccinated twats are filling the beds, partly because the NHS is not adequately provisioned, and partly because partying politicians, un-vaccinated twats, mask refusers and the blase have kept the transmission rate high and many Ambulance drivers, paramedics and nurses are off sick.

This article reports protestors holding up traffic including an ambulance which they didn’t let through even when the paramedic pleaded with them to move.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/10/04/insu...rotestors-to-help-ambulance-through-15359474/

This kind of protest is putting lives at risk, those involved should feel the full force of the law, no exceptions, and just like anyone else/group that decide to do so.

I’m surprised I am having to make that point to be honest.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How can people be so wrong about something while believing they are so right?

They actively seek out people who agree with them to confirm their bias. The internet has assisted them greatly in the last 25 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here