Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*ALLEGEDLY* Championship players involved in match fixing *ALLEGEDLY*

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm pretty sure it would near impossible for anyone at our club to get up to that sort mischief. There is a certain person at our football club who I believe monitors the betting markets very closely and if there was anything untoward going on he'd be on it like flash and I don't mean placing a bet!

If that was the case you would expect him to take action.

Aug 23, 2011
Is it possible that somebody within our club took a bung for the 2nd leg game against Palace, taking into account the difference in the two games..

A ridiculous suggestion. The amount of money they would get in increase in wages in the short and long term plus enhancement of reputation and other add-ons would mean any bung would have to be so large that it wouldn't be profitable.

Why can't people accept it was just an off day, it's not exactly the first time to happen. Is Tuesday night suspicious too?

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
I'm pretty sure it would near impossible for anyone at our club to get up to that sort mischief. There is a certain person at our football club who I believe monitors the betting markets very closely and if there was anything untoward going on he'd be on it like flash and I don't mean placing a bet!
These betting markets are very different to our own ones.

For a start, despite previously mentioning Betfair, the money wouldn't be placed in this country.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/5311767/football-match-fixing-exposed-by-the-sun.html

There's a photo of the ref booking the Championship player.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
If that was the case you would expect him to take action.

Which I have no doubt he would. Hence why none has been taken because I don't believe this story involves any one at BHAFC

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Which I have no doubt he would. Hence why none has been taken because I don't believe this story involves any one at BHAFC

Let's face it, none of us actually knows do we? The incident at Bolton was almost bound to come up as speculation simply because it's somehwat different to your usual sending off. But your comments about TB monitoring the betting markets and taking action are just speculation too.

I'm not a big fan of much of the tabloid investigation stuff, but I think this is good work. I hope no one at Brighton is involved but equall if they are I'd like them to be punished. It's not just bookings but as the Sodje article indicates, sending offs that can implicate results and sometimes a series of games as a result. Needs to be sorted.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Is it possible that somebody within our club took a bung for the 2nd leg game against Palace, taking into account the difference in the two games..

Why did I know if anyone would ask this question, it would be you?:ffsparr:

It would seem more likely that someone at the club needed a bung, before that game.

:rotlf::clap:

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009

It's a shame whoever soiled the dressing room didn't take a bung......

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A ridiculous suggestion. The amount of money they would get in increase in wages in the short and long term plus enhancement of reputation and other add-ons would mean any bung would have to be so large that it wouldn't be profitable.

If the player concerned at any club thought that he wouldnt be in the team in a higher division the bung could benefit him greatly when he is let go. I dont for 1 minute think that anybody from our club is involved and just asked is it possible as I am sure supporters of other clubs would have the same view about their club.

Names are emerging.

Sam Sodje football fixing claims probed by police

Three people are in police custody after an ex-Portsmouth player told an undercover reporter he had been involved in fixing football matches.

Sam Sodje was filmed by the Sun on Sunday describing how he punched an opponent in a League One game to get a red card in exchange for £70,000.

He also said he arranged for another player to be paid £30,000 for getting a yellow card in a Championship match.

Portsmouth Football Club said it was "shocked and saddened" by the claims.

In the video, which was filmed secretly, Mr Sodje described how he deliberately got sent off in the match against Oldham in February 2013.

He was also filmed claiming he could rig Premier League games and was prepared to fix matches at next year's World Cup.

In a statement from Portsmouth Football Club, spokesman Colin Farmery said: "If these serious allegations are true then we are extremely shocked and saddened by them, as match-fixing of any type goes to the heart of the integrity of the game.

"The player in question no longer plays for the club and we have not been contacted by the authorities, but of course we would cooperate fully with any inquiry."

The National Crime Agency, which is investigating the claims, said: "An active investigation is now under way and we are working closely with the Football Association and the Gambling Commission."

The Football League said it took claims of criminal activity "extremely seriously" and would assist police.
International betting syndicate

Football League chief executive Shaun Harvey encouraged anyone with any evidence to report it to the police.

Mr Harvey added: "We treat any allegations of criminal activity in our competitions with the utmost seriousness.

"We will be giving our full assistance to the police during their investigation."

The Gambling Commission and the Football Association both said they were aware of the investigation and were working with the NCA.

In a separate NCA investigation into an alleged international betting syndicate, two non-league footballers were earlier this week charged with conspiracy to defraud.

Michael Boateng and Hakeem Adelakun, both 22, play for Whitehawk FC, based in Brighton, in the Conference South.

Two other men, Singapore national Chann Sankaran, 33, and Krishna Sanjey Ganeshan, 43, who has dual UK and Singapore nationality, were charged with conspiracy to defraud in November.

The pair have been bailed and are due to appear at Birmingham Magistrates' Court on 11 December.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Names are emerging.

Sam Sodje football fixing claims probed by police

Three people are in police custody after an ex-Portsmouth player told an undercover reporter he had been involved in fixing football matches.

Sam Sodje was filmed by the Sun on Sunday describing how he punched an opponent in a League One game to get a red card in exchange for £70,000.

He also said he arranged for another player to be paid £30,000 for getting a yellow card in a Championship match.

Portsmouth Football Club said it was "shocked and saddened" by the claims.

In the video, which was filmed secretly, Mr Sodje described how he deliberately got sent off in the match against Oldham in February 2013.

He was also filmed claiming he could rig Premier League games and was prepared to fix matches at next year's World Cup.

In a statement from Portsmouth Football Club, spokesman Colin Farmery said: "If these serious allegations are true then we are extremely shocked and saddened by them, as match-fixing of any type goes to the heart of the integrity of the game.

"The player in question no longer plays for the club and we have not been contacted by the authorities, but of course we would cooperate fully with any inquiry."

The National Crime Agency, which is investigating the claims, said: "An active investigation is now under way and we are working closely with the Football Association and the Gambling Commission."

The Football League said it took claims of criminal activity "extremely seriously" and would assist police.
International betting syndicate

Football League chief executive Shaun Harvey encouraged anyone with any evidence to report it to the police.

Mr Harvey added: "We treat any allegations of criminal activity in our competitions with the utmost seriousness.

"We will be giving our full assistance to the police during their investigation."

The Gambling Commission and the Football Association both said they were aware of the investigation and were working with the NCA.

In a separate NCA investigation into an alleged international betting syndicate, two non-league footballers were earlier this week charged with conspiracy to defraud.

Michael Boateng and Hakeem Adelakun, both 22, play for Whitehawk FC, based in Brighton, in the Conference South.

Two other men, Singapore national Chann Sankaran, 33, and Krishna Sanjey Ganeshan, 43, who has dual UK and Singapore nationality, were charged with conspiracy to defraud in November.

The pair have been bailed and are due to appear at Birmingham Magistrates' Court on 11 December.

Haha that sending off he punches lee Barnard in the BOLLOX

http://www.insideworldsoccer.com/2013/02/sam-sodje-red-card-punching-jose-baxter-crotch-twice.html

Portsmouth player sent off for punching opponent's crotch - TWICE!
[Monday, February 25, 2013 ]

Portsmouth defender Sam Sodje earned himself a bizarre red card on Saturday when he repeatedly whacked Oldham Athletic's Jose Baxter in the crotch for no apparent reason.

The Nigerian appeared to be having words with Baxter, who had earlier scored the only goal of the game to give Oldham a 1-0 victory at Boundary Park.

Baxter then covered his sensitive parts with one hand, but it was not enough to stop a second dig from Sodje.

After a bit of discussion, the referee showed Sodje a straight red, though the official escaped similar action from the 33-year-old.

"I didn't see the incident so we could only go on what the fourth official said," Pompey boss Guy Whittingham told the club's website.

"He told us that Sam had punched their player so we will look at our footage and act accordingly.

"If he has done that then it's inexcusable. You're putting your team-mates through playing 40 minutes with a man less when you're desperately trying to get back into the game."

Haha that sending off he punches lee Barnard in the BOLLOX

http://www.insideworldsoccer.com/2013/02/sam-sodje-red-card-punching-jose-baxter-crotch-twice.html

Portsmouth defender Sam Sodje earned himself a bizarre red card on Saturday when he repeatedly whacked Oldham Athletic's Jose Baxter in the crotch for no apparent reason.
There seems to be some confusion as to whose testicles play a part in this allegation.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
All three teams that came down have ex-prem players. As do the vast majority of teams in our league. Why would it be us?!

All three teams that came down have ex-prem players. As do the vast majority of teams in our league. Why would it be us?!
The temptation to seek alternative sources of income must be far more likely to occur to players who are employed by clubs that have a history of not paying their staff.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Would ,be interesting to see which of our ex Premier League players have been booked in 'recent' Championship matches...

i think this is mis-understanding the story. an ex-premiership player is claiming he can buy players to do spot fixing (cards), and that he himself done this.

what i find interesting about this is we all know players pick up a card to take a suspension at a convenient time, possibly at the instruction of the manager... how much different is that from being bribed to do so?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here