Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All thse who SHED A TEAR today say...... AYYYYYE!!!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
AYYEE, two things did it:

The Flags when they played the musical montage, and,

Seeing my two boys in replica kit, flag waving and having that "this is it" look on their faces

First blub was seeing daughter in her wedding dress, never seen her look quite so beautiful
Second when she took her vows.
Third when other daughters husband left after ceremony to go to the match.
Fourth when reading this thread.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Started blubbing quite early on. Very nice steward asked me if I had a tissue handy and I said "yes, thanks, got one at the ready".
Then afterwards I wondered if maybe it was him who needed the tissue?

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
donnie fans gave me a few strange looks when i had my little blubber!:moo:

rorys blubber.jpg

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
The montage got me big time and I had tears pouring down my face uncontrollably!

And then again after too many harvey's when I got home and watched the Des Lyneham voice over part of football Focus.

Glad it's out of the system, onwards and dupwards starting Tuesday night.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Very emotional, mainly because my Dad never got to see the place (cancer age 58, 2004). Tears at the start (GOSBTS) and at the 2nd goal. What a day.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
had a cry just before kick off, and just watched the football league show and had a little cry seeing the 2nd hit the onion bag

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
None, just a closure really and a huge line drawn under a long period of playing at home in sh1te stadiums
Yeah, same. I honestly thought I'd be more emotionally affected, maybe the two warm-up games had bedded me in (and the razzamatazz for Spurs was a little underwhelming tbh), but my main feeling was one of excitement. When I started my Albion-supporting life back in the 1960s we were initially a lovable little local club in a run-down stadium. We had a brief flirtation with the big time which in some ways laid the foundations for the slump in the late 80s/90s. After our near-death experience we then became, to be frank, little more than a glorified pub team playing in the local athletics ground. And now ..... Well now I really believe we've turned the corner for good. We WILL reach the Premiership, we WILL reach a cup final again, and this time we WON'T go into a near-terminal decline. Yesterday was the first day of the new Albion.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Yeah, same. I honestly thought I'd be more emotionally affected, maybe the two warm-up games had bedded me in (and the razzamatazz for Spurs was a little underwhelming tbh), but my main feeling was one of excitement. When I started my Albion-supporting life back in the 1960s we were initially a lovable little local club in a run-down stadium. We had a brief flirtation with the big time which in some ways laid the foundations for the slump in the late 80s/90s. After our near-death experience we then became, to be frank, little more than a glorified pub team playing in the local athletics ground. And now ..... Well now I really believe we've turned the corner for good. We WILL reach the Premiership, we WILL reach a cup final again, and this time we WON'T go into a near-terminal decline. Yesterday was the first day of the new Albion.

And I`m also pleased for all the younger fans who have at last been to an Albion home game with a good crowd with a brilliant atmostphere.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Deffo something wet on my face listening to the commentary when the winner went in. The perfect end to 14 years of waiting.

this

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I was blubbing at about 2.55 until kick off. Years of pent up emotion. Can't wait till the Sarf Lundun filf come and i can get a good 15 minute rant going........grrrrrrrrrr

All in all a truly mesmeric day and one I will never ever forget.

TNBA

TTF

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
As soon as I heard the start of Sussex by the Sea on the commentary I blubbed like a baby. Thoughts went out to guys who are in the middle of tremendous health battles, to my Mum who rests somewhere at the top of Bear Road and to the man who I cuddled at the final whistle at Hereford all those years ago; I hope he was there yesterday. So, in January if you see a little cuddly bird blubbing away in the South West disabled section, give her some slack as it will be her first visit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here